Search results

1. gsoravil

What audio moment has surprised you the most?

In a world of audiophiles we're guilty of chasing gear, media, etc. I thought it might be fun to ask what moment(s) or thing(s) have caught you the most off-guard - were the most unexpected - or that stick with you. Anything goes. Some of my own to get us started: - Every time I spin my...
  2. gsoravil

What’s your best low cost ‘woah’ moment?

That is a crazy good deal.
  3. gsoravil

That's hilarious. :rflmao:
  4. gsoravil

I was about to start my own thread in similar vein ("What audio moment has surprised you the most?") but searched and found this. For low-cost 'whoa' moments, that has to be when I discovered synergy between budget items. I found a pair of clearance earbuds at staples that punch above their...
  5. gsoravil

How did you first fall in love with Fisher and what was your first model?

What a cool thread! Like some others, my very first real exposure was at home. My father had purchased a package deal which included two Kenwood loudspeakers (rated 150W RMS), a Fisher turntable, and a Fisher RS-2010 in the late 70s. May have been a package deal from Maas Brothers, if any...
  6. gsoravil

Did I overpay?

Thank you Eric. I suppose I could have done worse, and that's enough to help me feel better.
  7. gsoravil

Is this guy serious?

? I have literally no idea what this comment is referring to.
  8. gsoravil

Did I overpay?

Handles and user manual. Not sure where the bumpers mount but I suspect they are missing.
  9. gsoravil

Did I overpay?

I did talk the seller down to what I paid. I guess I'm just apprehensive because $500 is a lot to me for an integrated and I don't like being overly upside-down on purchases. I've bought many things I thought I would never part with only to find something better down the road. Maybe I...
  10. gsoravil

Did I overpay?

I suppose you're both right. I did not buy it to flip. Though if I fall in love with it I might still need to know what a second one is worth...
  11. gsoravil

Did I overpay?

I just payed $500 for a Sansui AU-919. I keep seeing posts here and there of people occasionally getting what I thought were unrealistic crazy deals on that amp (like $150). But there seems an awful lot of posts like that out there. Now I'm starting to wonder if I seriously overpayed. I...
  12. gsoravil

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Hey I know those speakers! Kenwoods!! :banana: :thmbsp:
  13. gsoravil

Analog and Digital recording

OP, I think the core reason is that mechanical/analog mechanisms lose data is a way that occurs naturally. Much like sound dampened through a wall. Our brains and bodies are built to understand this phenomenon. Digital, on the other hand, fails in engineered ways. This means the errors...
  14. gsoravil

Strange TT problem

If the tonearm is bouncing at volume, it has to be a subsonic feedback. You might not hear the bass, but it's there. The fact that your TT is so sensitive to footsteps tells me it's either (1) not setup right or (2) on a VERY poor surface. What is the TT actually placed on top of? Is it near...
  15. gsoravil

I did 109 MPH Yesterday evening...Whats the Fastest You've ever Driven?

:screwy: or :ntwrthy: ... I'm undecided.
  16. gsoravil

Spars Code Database?

Is anyone INTERESTED in a Spars code database? Maybe we can start one?
  17. gsoravil

The Most Comfortable Interior.

lmao. that's awesome!
  18. gsoravil

Misconceptions as a child

I thought the people I went to primary school with were retarded and I just needed to leave the area to find all the smart people.
  19. gsoravil

Misconceptions as a child

Wait, they're not? Then why do the animals act the way they do? :D
  20. gsoravil

Good grief...

Me thinks you're being a bit nice to them. Earlier today I searched for DSLR and had to add "-SLR" to the search.
  21. gsoravil

If you have a DAC do you need a higher end CD player?

Both of these points are 100% relevant. Since it is known that some CD players/transports correct errors better than others and some have less jitter than others the only valid conclusion is that declaring the quality of the transport irrelevant is false. That said, I would agree that most...
  22. gsoravil

The worst piece of HiFi Equipment you've ever owned?

Lloyd's stereo receiver. Caught fire.
  23. gsoravil

Digitally-Remastered Vinyl

I avoid new vinyl like the plague unless it's of an artist that was only current in the digital era. The record companies don't even label what they do to these discs. I specifically picked up a modern pressing of Queen at Books-A-Million and compared it to my existing original pressing. The...
  24. gsoravil

What are you drinking now?

Water + Mio
  25. gsoravil

What's the strangest design decision you've ever seen in a piece of audio gear?

I learned just two days ago that the Fisher 500c and 800c patch in the tape monitor at a different point in the amplification chain than aux. This leaves a huge imbalance between volume on the AUX input and the TAPE MON input. Completely bizarre.
Back
Top Bottom