Search results

1. IronBeard

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Just starting out and scored a mint Bang & Olufsen Beogram RX2 turntable for $30 bucks off of Craigs List. Previous owner thought the cartridge was out. As you know those are not cheap for a B&O. The problem turned out to be a loose RCA plug!! WooooHOOOO!! Also recently picked up a Garrard...
  2. IronBeard

New Free Stereo Magazine

Silly question, but are there any periodicals that cover vintage stereos?
  3. IronBeard

Bang & Olufsen RX2 loses left channel intermittently??

THANKS!! I think I'll start at the RCA plugs and work my way back. Hopefully I'll find the fault before I have to open it up. I'm just hoping it's not a loose wire in the tone arm itself.
  4. IronBeard

Anyone....anyone....Beuller, Beuller?
  5. IronBeard

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Normally I'm a Rock and Roll guy, but stumbled across some old pristine vinyl from the 1940's in a thrift store find that is just too cool to listen to. The Tommy Dorsey, Frank Sinatra Sessions Vol 1. What a DIFFERENCE between the young and old Frank's voice. Smooooooth like butter!
  6. IronBeard

Just picked up a B&O RX2 with a MMC5 cartridge and it loses the left channel intermittently. I've done the cartridge checks, switching the RCA plugs, flipping the cartridge upside down and supposedly it's not the cartridge but...what is it???? Is it the RCA plugs? A loose wire in the tone arm? a...
  7. IronBeard

Easy fix for Dead Samsung Flatscreen!!

:banana: Easy fix that saved me big bucks!! Daughter was given a big Samsung flatscreen TV by big brother which worked great for several months then suddenly one day just quit working. Wouldn't turn on....zip...nada! :thumbsdn: A little Google-Fu searching resulted in a revelation that both...
  8. IronBeard

Name the 5 most favorite bands (musicians) in your life

RUSH:banana: Steely Dan:banana: Doors:banana: Queen:banana: James Taylor:banana: and........:thmbsp: Billy Joel Fleetwood Mac Police/Sting Jimmy Buffett Jethro Tull Sinatra Genesis Jackson Browne CCR Beethoven Bach Camelot – 1960 Musical; Richard Burton & Julie Andrews (grew up...
  9. IronBeard

Grundig Majestic Stereo Console

While I have considered replacing the old components with newer units I think trying to keep it as original as possible would be a lot cooler. My plan....my hope is to refurbish and retain as much of the original system as possible. From what I'm reading here on AK so far is to consider...
  10. IronBeard

Greetings from Finland!

Welcome Scorpius! Finland....coooool. :thmbsp: Our daughter is married to a Finn and they live in Espoo :banana:
  11. IronBeard

Great find @ the Ozark thriftstore!!!!

MAN!!! What a score!!:banana: Sometimes good Karma is just THRUST upon you. Congratulations!:thmbsp:
  12. IronBeard

Hello from the Golden Coast

What a warm welcome....THANKS!!:music:
  13. IronBeard

Grundig Majestic Stereo Console

:banana: Scored a very clean looking Grundig Majestic Stereo Console, model SO240 U/S yesterday for........wait for it.........wait for it......$60.:beerchug: The cabinet finish is cherry considering that this unit is 52 years old. A little "Restore" on the finish and the shine cleaned up just...
  14. IronBeard

Hello from the Golden Coast

New join from the south coast of California, USA. Just picked up a Grundig Majestic Stereo Console mdl# SO240 U/S. yesterday. :banana: The cabinet is in awesome condition, the radio powers up and we can dial in a few FM channels....but that's a start. There are at least three tubes that...
Back
Top Bottom