Search results

1. D

various items question on value

Pioneer pl-a45d. It's been running great. New belt. Platter spins forever when belt not attached. Crack in one side of dust cover by hinges has been glued and seems to be holding. I'm currently using it with an Ortofon 2m blue and it sounds great but I'll be keeping the cartridge. Acoustat...
  2. D

Pioneer PL-A45D weird new rumble

I have a weird new rumble in my turntable. At first it sounded like a fuzzy bass on the Buddy Guy album Man and the Blues, but I didn't think that album had anything like that. Now it's apparent on almost all tracks I've listened to on several albums. The weird thing is it isn't as bad on the...
  3. D

Pioneer PL-A45D; what would give me a noticeable improvement

I have recently returned to service a Pioneer PL-A45D I got at my late father in law's house. I replaced the belt, scrubbed the belt gunk off the platter, oiled the motor spindle, installed a new cartridge and set it up. The platter without belt spins freely and the arm has no noticeable play...
  4. D

Have inherited turntable refurbished or buy new

I inherited a Pioneer PL-A45D from my father in law. It needs work, and he was a lifelong smoker. Should I have it completely refurbished, or would it just make more sense to buy a new turntable? If new, I would be looking at Rega RP-1, Music Hall MMF 2.2 or Pro-Ject Carbon Debut, to give an...
  5. D

ESS HEIL Air Motion Transformer AMT 6 Speakers - How Much Room?

Inherited these from my father in law. Got to listen a little bit when we were cleaning out his house, they seemed to sound good, but his electronics were acting up. They are in my mother's basement now. I am looking at speakers in the planar realm for my own listening room, and I thought, what...
Back
Top Bottom