Search results

1. sruddy

Looking for a two channel amp to pair with a Marantz AV8003

60-150 amps or more, no budget, but I like to repair things too.
  2. sruddy

Looking for a two channel amp to pair with a Marantz AV8003

I’m using my fathers Marantz 2238B in my shop, but It’s on the way out again. The amp is still working so I hooked up my old AV8003 as a preamp and I’m back in the music. :-) I would like to purchase a used 2 channel amp so I can remove my Dad’s receiver and try again to fix it. I have two sets...
  3. sruddy

Just scored 2 National Criterion NC-1000's

I still have them but accidentally sold the HealthKit amp I had for it.
  4. sruddy

Need help locating capacitors for my 1970 Lincoln Mark III AM/FM Radio

Yes the 1000uf has two positive leads so I purchased two of the Nichicons in your first link. I got the crossovers Gadget linked. Thank you.
  5. sruddy

The black one is 3/8” x 1” so those will fit. :-) The radio was dead. I have no schematic and don’t know much about the circuits . I’ll supply a photo of the unit and maybe you can help me identify the boards. I belong to the Mark III facebook group and one member sent me this reply about the...
  6. sruddy

Hi All, I would like to replace these capacitors. The black one is for the crossover and needs to fit into the box. I can't find anything with the right value and low enough voltage to keep it small enough. The blue one I'm wondering if it's multistage? I can't find anything like it and so far...
  7. sruddy

Found a GE 400 Trimline Portable Record Player that I had when I was young.

After looking fo 5 years or more I finally found a portable GE Trimline 400 record player my father gave me. It was not in great shape and didn't work. Now it plays but has buzzing at certain volume levels and the changer only works if you hold up the stacking arm. Here is what I have done so...
  8. sruddy

Looking for Vintage GE Speaker Grill Material

Yes but not with those terms. I just did and the list is endless so I’ll keep scrolling with my fingers crossed. Thx
  9. sruddy

Looking for Vintage GE Speaker Grill Material

I just purchased a GE Swingline 400 portable record player and I need to replace the speaker covers. I would like to get NOS or something to match or very close. I have been searching for days now and can't even find something close.
  10. sruddy

I think I blew a transformer now what?

I saw the flash come up through the chassis hole for the input transformer. After opening it up it was just a resistor that is close to the hole. :) I replaced both 220K resistors and all seems well. Not sure why the new matched set has one tube much lower in current. I'll try repositioning the...
  11. sruddy

I think I blew a transformer now what?

I just got a new set of 7591 tubes for me Fisher X-202-B Amp. I accidentally put the last one in wrong. I have no idea why it started going in in the first place. Any way I pushed a bit to hard and when I turned it on I saw a flash from the big transformer and smell smoke. I think I'm royally...
  12. sruddy

Setting Bias and wondering what Class amp is the Fisher X-200-B?

These darn Electro- Harmonix are huge!
  13. sruddy

Thanks Dave, Today I used the Class A figures. The reason being is my notes on the last tube install seem to point to the higher figures of the Class A. I didn't know about the calculator then so I used this P=Power rating of tube V=Plate voltage I=Bias Current Y=Bias percent I=Y/100xP/V I...
  14. sruddy

I use a 4 tube tester that reads plate voltage so the only thing I was missing was the class of amp. I understand this affects the Bias specification. Here is the calculator I used today. I was using class A numbers but sa Dave pointed out I should have been using AB.
  15. sruddy

Hi Larry, It's the X-202-B. It looks like I had the tuner and amp numbers crossed. I'll try and edit the title. Here is a pic of it with the E-H tubes. They barely fit but they are the only complete set I have that works now. They are matched and easy to bias, running between 32 and 35...
  16. sruddy

I figured this would be easy to find with a web search but I have found nothing. Reason I'm asking is because I was trying to use this Bias Calculator instead of doing the math and I need to know. My old notes with the math formula look like I figured it was a class A and I set the Bias target...
  17. sruddy

Fuse blowing on Fisher X101-A

Oh thanks for that Dave. I’ll look for a 1775 lamp and socket and if not Ill replace with a 6v grain of rice lamp.
  18. sruddy

Thanks a million Larry!
  19. sruddy

Do you know how I can source the bulb they used so I don’t have to source a stock socket which I assume will be difficult!
  20. sruddy

Thanks Dave I opened my eyes further and did see the socket is threaded. Whoever replaced it last time did a hack to use a different lamp! I may have to find a new socket because they drilled through the back of it.
  21. sruddy

thx I checked those and they are good so I replaced the brand new Tungsol 7189 red plating V5 with a vintage GE EL84. No red yet so I'll let it play all day and see what happens. I didn't have any 1ohm resistors so no idea of the actual current. I want to get this installed back into the consol...
  22. sruddy

The set of tubes I installed two months ago was matched.I can't afford to buy another matched set so I purchased a single. So for whatever reason this amp is creaming V5 and I'm assuming there is no fix for it other than modification which would add an adjustable bias. Do you have instructions...
  23. sruddy

I just received the new rectifier tube you recommended. I listened to it for several hours yesterday it sounded great. I have not yet installed the resistors to check the output tubes current but here are a few photos of what is visually happening. V10 turned red during start up but when I...
  24. sruddy

Thanks Gadget, I did just replace the phono pre amp tubes so hopefully they aren't the issue.
  25. sruddy

I just received the Genelex Gold Lion GZ34 rectifier. I installed it and phono pre amp tubes and the amp stayed on for awhile with no blown fuse. What's my next step?
Back
Top Bottom