Search results

1. D

WiiM WiFi Streamer

I am using the fire, not the kindle. I believe I am connected via wifi.
  2. D

WiiM WiFi Streamer

I have locked myself into a couple of parameters similar to you. I do not want to use my phone for streaming, and am using amazon music as a source. As you are here on the Wiim thread, I am assuming you are using or considering one. I am not using a remote, but have been using an amazon fire...
  3. D

Which ones to choose between? Pioneer CS-77A's or Klipsch KG4's!

I have not heard the Pioneers, but have a pair of KG4's and I like them a lot, however, I would not pay that much for them. Not sure where you are located, but around here they are not that hard to come by.
  4. D

Best streaming service.

You might list your stream source, are you using a pc or something else? Most of the services have a free trial or have monthly billing and no contract to give them a whirl. There are so many variables as to what an individual really wants for a service, that what works for me may be totally...
  5. D

Speakers for Small Listening Spaces (Computer Desk)

I like my Canton gl260s. I have used the Minimus 7, lx5, canton plus s, and a few others and wanted a subwoofer. I don't wish for the subwoofer with the gl260's. Now that is for the computer sound system. I have another system beside it to listen to amazon music stream, and it has klipsch kg...
  6. D

Amazon is prepping a high-fidelity TIDAL competitor

Stick with what is working. I have tried amazon's own tablets, and they don't output that high.
  7. D

Amazon Unlimited on Raspbery Pi? Is it Possible?

Volumio has airplay, if you are using apple product, however I was never able to make it work consistantly. Moode also has airplay, and I have been able to make that work. Not like having an app on the pi, but works.
  8. D

Polk SDA-1C Restoration?

Glad somebody on here picked those up, they were mighty tempting, but don't need that project. Watching as you make progress.
  9. D

SMSL SU-9 Bluetooth Antenna Replacement?

LOL, it is findable, but when you do find it, you will have forgotten what it was for.
  10. D

Airplay on Amazon Fire Tablet

I think I have tried them all and none seem to work with the Amazon music app.
  11. D

didn't say anything about HD, just what they have on Amazon Music unlimited.
  12. D

I have stumbled onto the fire tablets (cheap used) and thought they supported airplay. Anyone have any luck getting one to stream Amazon Music app on a fire tablet to a device via airplay? I would like to stream my fire tablet to a raspberry pi. I have even tried sending my fire to an apple...
  13. D

Noob trying to put something together

spending too much time talking dollars will get this thread moved to Dollars and Cents forum. The pioneer you are looking at will allow you to hook up to the power amp through the pre-outs. I seem to be lost on what your goal is with having both a stereo receiver and a separate power amp. Are...
  14. D

Well it looks like you only need 1 or 2 inputs, one for cd, and one for streaming in some way (you mentioned bluetooth in your first post) I would not want to do bluetooth myself, but some of the china made preamps do include bluetooth. I have one of the fx audio tube-01 preamps, and is very...
  15. D

Sagebus, to answer your question on what to look for on a preamp, you need to determine what features you desire. That would include how many inputs you need, do you need an included preamp for a turntable. Any true preamp will by nature have output to amp. Some will include a tuner. If you...
  16. D

If I understand correctly, you are only wanting 2 channel stereo. If that is the case, make sure the sony receiver is set up to put out 2 channel stereo only, instead of surround sound, if you just have 2 speakers hooked up. I would then try each pair of speakers, keep the best sounding pair...
  17. D

Today's Potatoes

Would you mind posting your NVRAM reset procedure, or a link to the one that has worked for you. I have my daughter's MBP that I have done a reset, but has gone blank again, and now I can't find instructions that work.
  18. D

My wife wants me committed

Love your approach to distract the constructive criticism, although I am afraid to try that here. The doghouse ain't big enough.
  19. D

Expensive and now worth a peanut

So I have been watching this thread, as I am a cheapskate and like the bang for buck approach to collecting my audio gear. Because of this addiction, I now have limited space, need to clear out some stuff and have become more selective in what I purchase, which brings me to my question...
  20. D

JW Davis speaker ID

Forgot to include a photo of the woofer, no whizzer here. Incredibly clean for age and condition of cabinets.
  21. D

JW Davis speaker ID

Not positive, there may be something on the l-pad that I didn't notice.
  22. D

JW Davis speaker ID

I purchased a pair of JW Davis speakers the other day at a thrift shop. The cabinets are in pretty bad shape, but took a chance on them having drivers worth the price to play. I am not having any luck finding any information about the Davis vintage speakers, and would like to know if the horns...
  23. D

Onix x-sub

I went ahead and modified the amp to make it passive, and hooked up a nobsound tpa3116 set up for subwoofer mono, and am using a Rolls sx45 for crossover. Still playing with frequency and loudness, but is better than anything I have had yet for subwoofer for my desk system.
  24. D

Onix x-sub

Well I'm not finding a plate amp that fits as well as I would like. Have not had time to troubleshoot the amp, and not found a schematic of it. Will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the comments.
  25. D

Onix x-sub

Well I picked up an Onix x-sub at a thrift, and when plugged into the system had a terrible hiss. I opened up the amp and see one of the two large caps swelled, so replaced them and now nothing. I don't have much invested at this point so don't mind the loss, but where to go from here? I want...
Back
Top Bottom