Search results

1. jasn

Calling All ex-Members from "the lounj"

Hi All. I've been an "audiokarmite" for several years but even longer a regular at the long defunct HomeTheaterTalk and soon to be closed "the lounj". We go back 20 years, and it's been a great run, but like many of the wonderful, gear/content HT/audio sites most members haved moved on and...
  2. jasn

Cd draw won't open

IIRC, some players have a small hole that you can insert a paperclip and trip the drawer lock. Anything looking like that on yours @Normo?
  3. jasn

Today's JAZZ playlist

Listening to GoGo Penguin, I find myself contemplating how and why the music from this band is so uplifting. Very happy to have new material...
  4. jasn

Can I use a speaker selector box backwards to use 2 receivers into one set of speakers?

I use one of these to switch between my HT AVR and VTA ST120 tube amp for a single set of speakers. ...and yes, I am very careful to not switch the amps with the power on the tube amp. Niles DPS-1 The back terminals are solid, screw-type, but quite tight, so I also use terminal pins like...
  5. jasn

How much does it cost to get into tube hi fi?

If you're curious, you'll likely fall in love with tube sound. You may be able to find an old model amp in serviceable shape, but if it has any reputation at all you'll just as likely pay top dollar for it, no less have a potentially end-of-life and unreliable unit. I'd recommend you look into...
  6. jasn

JBL L-166 Rescue

Great story tarior. Enjoy them. I boxed my (original owner) L166's last year to make room for Uni-Fi Elacs in my new home and basement HT. I keep thinking to but can't bring myself to sell them.
  7. jasn

Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

8. jasn

Today's INDIE Playlist

Very cool loopstick, and the pdf works great!. Thanks!
  9. jasn

Columbia House - Inside Look at 8 CDs for 1 Penny

Like many of you, I spent a lot, perhaps too much time working BMG and CH for cheap CDs. It was a near-obsession for me to build my CD library. Looking back, however, I see that period as a low-point in my musical growth experience, as the clubs tended to focus heavily on older releases, or...
  10. jasn

Why most women don't like the audio hobby ??

My wife doesn't really understand the characteristics of hi-fi that I go on about, but she does realize it matters to me, so beyond a fun poke in the ribs occasionally she tolerates and even encourages me to pursue my hobby. She will occasionally join me for listening sessions, but it's not...
  11. jasn

Today's INDIE Playlist

12. jasn

Today's Blues Playlist

This is the groove and sound I've been hoping for from the very talented Mr. Clark...
  13. jasn

Count To 2018 BEFORE 2018

14. jasn

Randy Newman

I was going to post the album track, because I think it rocks, but after hearing this solo version it's clear that 90% of that rock comes right out of Randy's piano. I've always liked his album "Born Again".
  15. jasn

Can I use a Windows tablet for my streaming?

Not sure you can connect a tablet to your DAC Wes. There are a slew of mini computers out there right now. Like this Minix Neo that includes Windows 10. There are even cheaper alternatives out there if you are not set on Windows.
  16. jasn

Today's Rock and Roll Playlist

Budgie: Bandolier (Live Image Link)
  17. jasn

18. jasn

19. jasn

ELAC Uni Fi UB5s?

I am using the Uni-Fi UF5 floorstanders with a self-built Bob Latino VTA ST120 tube amp (rated for 60 wpc). Everything I read says the UF5s are the same speakers as the UB5 with two extra woofers (same crossovers too). They sound great to me with tubes (really great). I have some decent break...
  20. jasn

21. jasn

dbpoweramp and perfect tunes OR?

Sorry about the hijack, but Yamaki, you upconvert mp3 to FLAC?
  22. jasn

Today's Rock and Roll Playlist

23. jasn

What are the best value for the $ new floor standing speakers below $500?

Amazon is currently selling the Elac Uni-Fi UF5's for $399 ($100 off). I've had a pair in my system for about 4 months now and am very, very happy with them.
  24. jasn

Today's INDIE Playlist

Its a Dream Pop morning...
Back
Top Bottom