Search results

1. B

202-R Arrived

Joe! I found your thread.. looks good! :thumbsup:
  2. B

Sound Valves VTA70i mods?

after chatting with My buddy Joe (the ex RCA guy) he referred me here.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hol6ZEv7fR4 I've switched back to the 6GH8's.. the issue with 6GH8's burning out early was more on the TV Side.. RCA seemed to push them to their design limits by stuffing them in just...
  3. B

I was running JJ KT77's in my amp before I swapped them out for these Psvane EL-34s. the KT-77s have the Cathode tied to the Suppressor Grid on pin 8 and pin 1 has no connection at all. in my amps schematic pins on of both the EL34s are tied together. The KT77's sound very nice but my...
  4. B

So you run Grids 2 and 3 into a switch turning the pentode in to a Triode? How does a pentode sound in triode mode? I've been wanting a 300B class A amp for a while. But the budget says, "no no no"... Although Mr Visa says, "yes yes yes" Fighting the temptation to charge a toy though... :(
  5. B

John, Yes.. it switches automatically according to the book 1-15 watts is class A and 15-35 wpc is AB. here's a snap of the manual. I've had the EL34's in there for about 6 hours worth of listening time now. mids, highs and the deatils sound about the same as the JJ KT77's I have...
  6. B

Sweet... Those are really nice amps too. I am going to try the shuguang budget series ones soon as a test as well. at 10 bucks a piece for the el34 it's worth it just to try.
  7. B

After reading all the reviews... I thought I would give these a shot in the amp and the VTP101i. giving the 12AX7 T-II and the Hi-Fi UK-EL34 a try... I have doubt that the 12AX7's are going to sound better than the RCA gray plates I have in the pre-amp now. However, if they're just as...
  8. B

Tekton M-Lore vs OrielTen

size is another consideration. but I have the room for the foot print. my ML's take up about the same foot print as the Lore/Orielten, at least at the base. veneer finish or a paint job might make em blend in better too. again.. my ML's are large, black and are definitely noticed. I feel...
  9. B

I've definitely psyched myself up for the lead time.. they're made to order. one of the articles I read mentions that you do have an auditioning period where you can send them back. although I believe it was 30 days. of course it'll cost you the price of shipping back and forth. I may just...
  10. B

C1 and C4 (the big brown nichicons) are already paralleled by a .01 630 film cap
  11. B

really? hmmm.. I could give it a whirl. man I need to learn more about circuit designs and such.
  12. B

I kind of suspected that the OrielTen's were as you described. cheaper driver/tweeter. I don't need gobs of Bass.. but a smidge more than I get from the ML's is what I'm after. mine would be very close to a wall. Thank you for the input! I'm narrowing it down.. I'd be hooking them up...
  13. B

Thanks! I went off on quite a tangent for something that actually was a bad input cable and a wonky CD player. :screwy:
  14. B

the Lore or the M-lore? I'm guessing a poster on AudioKarma would post correctly.. hehe. I'm trying to stay in my budget. which is 900 dollars is all. I Should just call Erik and ask him. but I'll hide my credit card first. heh
  15. B

Well.. the deed is done! I mistakenly hooked up with a audiophile buddy from my radio club. tested a whole bunch of caps! despite now being sick of my 3 favorite CDs, I learned a bunch! Aside from the fact that Joe is a Cap and Tube Rolling Junkie, I learned there really are subtle...
  16. B

Been spending the weak here trying to determine whether my ML's are toast or not. Faced with a possible 900 dollar bill for new Panels.. I'm looking at the Tektons. There's a lot of buzz about the Lore and m-Lore's but I'm not finding much about the OrielTen's. Anyone got a pair...
  17. B

Are sub-woofers lame?

:lurk:
  18. B

Opinions Onkyo C-7030 cd player

I exchanged it.. the replacement isn't skipping at all. :thmbsp:
  19. B

Painted them all.

Compared to what those look like normally, I think it's pretty cool.. in fact, you've given me an idea for my Klipsch 1.1s with the rusting grills. :scratch2:
  20. B

ok.. I figured I might have a bunk unit. especially with all the glowing reviews. I'll just have to exchange it. thanks for chiming in!
  21. B

howdy guys.. Just a quick question. I picked one of these up on Sale the other day. has anyone else noticed how much it doesn't like even the tiniest, single scratch on a cd? mine got all hung up on one of my favorite cd's I didn't even know there was a scratch on it. None of the other...
  22. B

I think these mkp's will fit.. they're 13x25 mm. guess I'll start searching around for a PS JIC.. not that I'm lazy but.. does anyone know the specs of the PS? normally I'd find this stuff fun, but I've kinda burned myself out on restoring 3 radios plus that sansui in the past 6 months.
  23. B

Thanks, Hyfi.. I will check those out. I've been lucky with my 101 and it's PS so far. However, I did note this weekend, since I was paying attention, the PS has developed a hum. Wondering if I shouldn't look in to finding a replacement. SV folks were very nice people, it's a shame they...
  24. B

I think I've just reached that point where I want just a little more. I guess it happens. we outgrow our wares. part of the issue as well is that I just recapped a sansui 500. and I think it sounds a bit nicer. I can hear more detail in the audio. I should've taken a pic of the bad...
  25. B

Old Amps vs New Amps, are they worth the hype?

I just recapped a 1963 Sansui model 500 and I have to say it sounds pretty darn good, albeit low power. I like my sound valves vta70i from 2001. it serves me well, daily, all around. I'm mulling over replacing the 70i with a Rogue titan though. just shy of 2,000. it does definitely...
Back
Top Bottom