Search results

1. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

Hi Dave, good to hear from you! Yes, how times have changed for me. Retirement as well as a whole new exciting system that is the least expensive that I have ever owned and extremely versatile at that with a sound quality that even a few good systems might find hard to match. Though I love...
  2. SET12

Klipsch R28F Hyper-Drive Crossover Replacement Project

I no longer own these, one of my good friends owns them now and they are for sale for the same price that I stuck into parts which was $500 if you bought them you would have a perfect example to copy from. All the parts are listed in this thread basically on the first page. I didn't look at the...
  3. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

Hi fmallory I just got done changing my profile over on the Klipsch Forum and posting what I did. Maybe it will help someone Thoroughly Impressed with The Fives - REVIEW - Page 3 - 2-Channel Home Audio - The Klipsch Audio Community IMO the Fives require some care to get the most out of them...
  4. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

So fmalloy, I went and listened to a little of Cable TV audio for awhile and I have no issues with the sound. In fact I marveled the sound of some of the commercials, very good clarity and I nearly freaked out at the depth and lateral imaging some of them were something else. With my LG I can go...
  5. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

No I haven't. But then again I am not using the HDMI ARC. I use the AUX in. I also use transformer volume controls, I turned up my Fosi Q-4 all the way up as to short its volume control out then the Transformers are at a very low setting then the Fives internal Volume Control is ramped nearly...
  6. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

Speaker Stand Update While I was going through some old reading material I found an Ad in a 2019 Audio Advisor. Well, well I knew these stands could sell for a lot more. Here are is a photo of the bottom of one of my Monolith Stands sold by Monoprice.com below. Next look at the photo in...
  7. SET12

Any cat lovers here?

My Ginger Cat Kyla which means straight and narrow. Just zonked out after playing hard.
  8. SET12

Your absolutely right! If I was doing it all over again I would use the mini DSP. The Klipsch Fives pictured in my Avatar use DSP, each one of those little speakers uses 80 watts of power, 60 for the woofer and 20 for tweeters. The DSP and associated internal amplifiers are nothing but...
  9. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

Tonight I made a system adjustment I moved the whole system 20in to the left so I could get lateral balance on the right and left sides. It appears the FOSI seems to be opening up. My listening space is 14ft x 16ft with the fives on the 16ft wall spaced 7ft apart and 2ft from the back wall. I...
  10. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

OMG I just got done listening to the Schiit DAC and EQ it didn't take long to notice things. Unfortunately I will be sending the Schiit products back even though it will cost me about $50 to return them. A couple of points. The Schiit came across as too lean for my tastes although the Schiit...
  11. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

OK, now time to cover the Klipsch Five speaker Stands. So I chose Monolith by Monoprice 24in Speaker Stand (Each) - Monoprice.com assembly required but very easy! The Monolith Stands are truly such a bargain with really great looks, not to mention the improved sound over the initial listening...
  12. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

Hi folks, My Klipsch Fives speaker stands arrived yesterday afternoon. I had to assemble the which I will give a detailed report on later but all I can tell you now is they are well beyond my expectations. The website was wrong in their description saying that they were using some MDF in their...
  13. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

Thanks hotroady, yes I'm doing very well and have just 6 more working days left before I start retirement with excellent health other than having some hearing loss. Yeah, I too once lived in a studio efficiency as it was called basically one room. I had AR LST II's and I also owned Dahlquist...
  14. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

Thanks fredgarvin I'm looking forward to the Schitt to do exactly as you mention there are so many poor recordings out there, it should be a very interesting experience and as you said it should be relatively easy to use... Do you own any of Schiit DAC's ? SET12
  15. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

Thank You fredgarvin ! I watched the video. That's too bad that the Fifteen didn't make it into production. I mean based on what I'm hearing out of the Fives I can't imagine what the Fifteens would be able to do! I wouldn't give up on them, as it seems to me the fives, six's and so on just...
  16. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

I just recently purchased these, I haven't seen much in the way of posts on these. I had to down size as I moved into a 55+ living community. All my equipment was sold. To make room for a new life style. I read of these in Sound and Vision Magazine. The only real down side is that they sound a...
  17. SET12

New Owner Of Klipsch Fives!

New Owner Of Klipsch Fives!
  18. SET12

Pilot 240 phono section problem

Sure why not! The problem with global feed back is that it messes up the RIAA response as the tubes lose gain. I prefer passive EQ. A simple 12AX7 with passive EQ can be found in the back of most RCA tube manuals. The phono has a lot of body especially mid to top end and is usually far more...
  19. SET12

R-26F Upgrade Path

So your saying the R26F uses a 43uf cap? If so I would use the Obbligatto Gold 22uf. Measure them and put them in pairs closest to the same value in uf's Matched parts are nice to have if you can get them. Solen Inductors do not come in pairs to speak of, you have order the value you want x 2...
  20. SET12

Your amplifier is an AV amplifier. IMO it has short comings like running 4 ohm loads. As I see it has an impedance selector switch which should be set for 4 ohms. Also I would not run not run any other speakers in parallel with the R28F's as this spells trouble for your amplifier. AV amplifiers...
  21. SET12

ESR with film caps are not a typical issue with loudspeakers that I look at. Film and foil caps have lower ESR's than metallized film caps. I tend to favor sound quality above all else here http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html
  22. SET12

Try this https://www.hificollective.co.uk/catalog/components/capacitors.html I believe it maybe reasonably close to you. I think the military could very well have what you need. I work with medical equipment and I see caps all the time that I could work with. What you want is a 100 volt...
  23. SET12

R-26F Upgrade Path

I'm very sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Thanks for the R26F photo's! Man I see they used bipolar caps for both the woofer and the tweeter. The stock R28F uses a nicer film cap at least across the woofers. I think it would be cool if you try and remove the stock network and make it an...
  24. SET12

Hey Redboy! Hows it going? Well Saturday I'm going to hear a new pair of $3300 speakers that are about 99db efficient called Tekton Double Impacts that are fast becoming a rage. If you read this review you may see why...
  25. SET12

R-26F Upgrade Path

No Kidding! DaveC's are similar to the R26F's in fact I believe they may very well use the same tweeters as our 26 and 28F's even though his speaker is of a different series of models. If i had to do it all over again I would do the 26's for their sheer speed of the mid woofers. Then I would...
Back
Top Bottom