Search results

1. SET12

The Klipsch Five's

I just recently purchased these, I haven't seen much in the way of posts on these. I had to down size as I moved into a 55+ living community. All my equipment was sold. To make room for a new life style. I read of these in Sound and Vision Magazine. The only real down side is that they sound a...
  2. SET12

Dave Slagle Monoblock Transformer Volume Control Build

I recently built these after hearing Redboys TVC's a while back. The sound is outstanding, better than any passive volume control I have ever heard by a wide margine. On the site http://www.intactaudio.com/atten.html top of the page you'll see the basic kit for $350 which I purchased. I...
  3. SET12

Marantz PM5005 With Dave Slagle's Transformer Volume Controls

I have used several pieces of Marantz gear over the years. I decided that I needed a 2ch SS Integrated Amplifier for a backup when I am working on my tube amplifiers and an amplifier for general use for my wife who once owned a vintage Marantz while in College. So she was right at home with...
  4. SET12

Klipsch R28F Hyper-Drive Crossover Replacement Project

Hello fellow Klipsch enthusiasts. Its been sometime since I have been real active on AK but for Christmas my wife endorsed the purchase of some new Klipsch's from a local national electronics store that were on sale at 1/2 off for a purchase price of a mere $450. The sale is off of course but...
  5. SET12

C-Core Auto-Transformers

Seems a few of us have bought these German C-Core Auto-Transformers from Werner in Germany paying around $260/pair which includes shipping. Thought I would go over these a little with hook up and some measurements. As you can see is substantially larger then the stock Forte T10A I was using...
  6. SET12

Tube Bridge Rectifier Project

Hey guys, I designed the circuit of this mono amp here a 1.8 watt 45 amplifier. I had the owner contrast it next to his George Wright 2A3 mono's for scale, real giants they turned out to be with 12 pieces of iron each, the builder came up with a retro modular layout that turned out to be...
  7. SET12

Passive Shunt Volume Control Project Build

Hi all, Some Photo's First The project was brought about because I have been aware of how bad volume controls in general are and thought it would be extremely interesting to hear just what a passive shunt volume control can do! What it does was very shocking to me in...
  8. SET12

Bob Crites New CD53P Midrange Diaphragms

Hello All, Bob Crites new CD53P Midrange Diaphragms are for Klipsch Heresy II, Cornwall II, Quartet, Forte, Forte II, Chorus, Chorus II, and KLF Series speakers. While visiting Bob's website I happened on his new midrange diaphragms which I was told are just a couple of weeks into his...
  9. SET12

Grid and Anode Chokes

Hello everyone! Well, One day I got to reading about the benefits of grid chokes. #1 Low impedance to ground meaning less noise. #2 Better recovery from clipping as the cap can discharge faster due to the low DCR. #3 The generation of a substantially larger load for less distortion. #4 Of...
  10. SET12

Tube Power Supplies a Different Approach!

Good morning everyone! I thought I might discuss a different approach to power design. :scratch2: Some may regard the following opinions as very controversial :nono: others may find it very enlightening :yes: So I thought I might post this thread in the DIY section, but I often see 3...
  11. SET12

A Burson Discrete Op Amp For My CDP

Hi All, I recently ran into these offered by Parts Connextion. Which are said to just blow Chip Op-Amps right out of the water! Link here: http://www.partsconnexion.com/Index/burson.php The ones that are pictured are a pair Dual Op-amps My Sony X77ES uses the NE5534P which is a Single...
  12. SET12

Modified Forte 1 Upgrades-Bob Crites Autotransformers and Titanium Tweeters

It seems that I should of posted this thread of mine over here as it has a lot more traffic vs Klipsch Korner. So anyway I thought a few of you might like to see some of this work in progress of mine! I recently have had the pleasure of doing some business with Bobs business B&K Sound and had...
  13. SET12

Modified Forte 1 Upgrades-Bob Crites Autotransformers and Titanium Tweeters

Modified Forte 1 Upgrades-With Outboard Crossovers Hello all, I recently have had the pleasure of doing some business with Bobs business B&K Sound and had the pleasure of placing an order from his son Michael for their replacement Autotransformer's and Titanium Tweeters. And these New...
Back
Top Bottom