Search results

1. Bill56

Tube "bronzing"?

I've got an HH Scott 340A, serviced last July, and it sounds amazing, especially the phono section. All original Scott 7591 output tubes. One tube shows what I would call bronzing on top (see pic). Can anyone tell me what might account for this? Thanks in advance
  2. Bill56

ADS L810 with stands Boston CL

Just posted. No connection but I wish I could justify buying. https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ele/d/arlington-pair-of-ads-l810-speakers/6838912060.html
  3. Bill56

Help with a AU-D707X Decade

Hi All, I picked this up for a low cost due to it going into protection shortly after powering up. It's a 100v Japanese market model and I'm using a 120v/100v step down. The closest US model seems to be the AU-D11ii. I sent it to my tech who admits its a real bear to work on. I don't know if...
  4. Bill56

100v to 120v rewind?

I've got a Sansui AU-D707X Decade which, being built for the Japanese market is designed to run at 100 volts. I've heard people say that they've run them for years without issues. The opposite ("you'll be sorry") as well. My plan has been to run it off a variac at 100v. Recently I've heard that...
  5. Bill56

Pick a set up or two or three

I'm going to be setting up two systems. From your listening experience, from the options listed below, please choose one or more set ups. Obviously I will be doing my own listening tests/choosing when the 3 amps return from reno/repair but would like to hear your thoughts. Amps - MA5100, 299B...
  6. Bill56

Which cartridge for an AR XB?

Hi, Relative newbie here recently returning to vinyl. My listening choices lean toward acoustic music. Folk, some classical, acapella. Beatles, Bonnie Raitt, Blues.Currently digging Pentatonix. Many, many more but mid and high range are key for me. Speakers: KEF 105.2, KG4, AR 302 or 11 and 2A...
  7. Bill56

AR TA (a what?)

Hi Folks, I'm basically a newbie to AK. Yesterday a friend gave me a AR TA (mint outside) which I thought was probably an XA until I got it home. I wasn't able to find much info on it other than it's early. Can anyone shed some light on this piece? Pics later if you want. He also gave me an...
Back
Top Bottom