Search results

1. 7

Who restores Marantz receivers in NY area?

Hionfi - in Syracuse area (Jamesville) Excellent service, great store. https://www.hionfi.com/
  2. 7

Arcam FMJ CD17 or Rega Apollo

Can't speak to your player, but I have a 2 year old FMJ-A39 integrated amp. My first piece of Arcam gear & love it, great build and sound quality.
  3. 7

interested in thoughts on the Marantz NA8005

Wow - I actually just bought this unit from MusicDirect and have had it about a month now, and was also considering the Auralic. I use it with an Arcam FMJ A39 integrated amp driving PSB Image T2's. Sound is tremendous; very open and rich. I haven't had any issues streaming any source using...
  4. 7

What artist/band had the biggest influence on your musical taste?

Van Morrison Bruce Springsteen (Born to Run & Earlier) Beatles Yes ELP
  5. 7

Tunes for those special moments...

Otis Redding Al Green
  6. 7

Ipad to DAC

Arcam I have a setup using an Arcam rDock-uni. It's a lightning dock w/DAC, goes into an analog input. Sound is great, charges while docked, has HDMI out as well so you can stream video to your TV. I've found Arcam quality and customer service to be excellent.
  7. 7

Integrated Amp

Dac I like what I read about the Hegel a lot. Curious though on thoughts of unit with built in DAC. It seems to me this technology (DAC) is still evolving. Is buying a unit with internal DAC a good idea for a piece that I'll have for years?
  8. 7

Integrated Amp

Great ideas - thank you all! Another question - I'm going to have to buy online as I have no local options. Can you recommend any sites I should look into or even avoid? Thanks again
  9. 7

Integrated Amp

I may need to replace a Classe CAP100 integrated amp - seems I'm going down the rabbit hole with repair costs. In any case, I'm curious what may be good choices as a replacement in the 1-2K price range. It drives a pair of Definitive Tech BP-8040ST's. I have a Marantz UD5007 CD/Blueray player...
  10. 7

What's a favorite lyric of yours?

Springsteen, Incident on 57th street: "Spanish Johnny drove in from the underworld last night With bruised arms and broken rhythm in a beat-up old Buick but dressed just like dynamite"
  11. 7

What is your favorite song to test speakers?

Hot Tuna - Water Song
  12. 7

Fix or replace?

I'd like some guidance if possible…(be kind, I'm a newb) Currently I have a older (1995ish) Classe CAP100 Integrated amp. I love it and it's served me well, however lately it's had some problems with channels fading in & out - gets worse as it warms up. So it's in for an estimate for repair...
Back
Top Bottom