Search results

1. PioneerGuy75

Genesis 2 refoam question

Hey everybody I am finally refoaming my Genesis 2s I got 13 years ago!! Question is, do these take special foams? I ordered some from SS and they seem to be generic 8" & 10" and they dont fit wither driver very well at all! Also isn't there somebody here that can get the original green foams...
  2. PioneerGuy75

Advent Woofer question

What are the differences in the old Advent woofers? Masonite VS Not. Are they interchangeable? One better than the other? Thanks :beerchug:
  3. PioneerGuy75

What is it about tall skinny speakers..................

That makes them suck?? I have had several versions over the years and have never found anything I particularly like....:idea::crazy: They just leave me wanting more....
  4. PioneerGuy75

LED Lighting questions

Hopefully someone here is good with the new LED lighting coming about these days....I have not been able to get a straight answer anywhere else! :dunno: FIrst off, regarding dimmers...I have an older Lutron (Maybe 6 or so years old.) Will it work with dimmable LEDs? If not, are there are any...
  5. PioneerGuy75

Advent woofer questions...

Just curious I have a couple of questions about the old Advent woofers.... Are the Masonite framed ones interchangeable with the 11" stamped? Refoaming the Masonite ones, do you have to remove the Masonite and re-glue? Also how do you clamp the outer edge while the glue dries? I use clothes...
  6. PioneerGuy75

Did Mitsubishi make any good speakers?

Just curious, saw a pair of towers at thrift the other day... Didn't know they made speakers :scratch2:
  7. PioneerGuy75

New tube project!!

Finally diving into the great big world of TUBES :banana::banana: Here's what I have got.... Old Motorola console 3 channel! No radio...Just a phono and preamp with tape inputs. Funny thing I almost didn't buy it, of all the consoles I have seen lately it was the least visually...
  8. PioneerGuy75

Fellow Coloradoans chime in please!

I am a native of Colorado (Yes one of the very FEW left!) I am curious of what other Coloradans' opinions of the changes of the state over the past year and half are.... I will give mine a bit later but wanted to start off seeing what others think.... Thanks in advance!! :banana:
  9. PioneerGuy75

Do CORAL speakers ave potential?

So I got a pair of old CORAL speakers the other day....They are in decent condition and everything works. BUT.....the sound is lacking at best...LACKING..... Anybody do any mods to these or is it a lost cause? Cheers :beerchug::beerchug:
  10. PioneerGuy75

Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 2.0?

Anybody here have these? Got a pair nearly free but missing the power adapter... If someone here has these can you give me power requirements? Voltage and polarity please. :D Many thanks!!
  11. PioneerGuy75

So I had an Epiphany Today!

I am tired of collecting STUFF!!! Went to a friends house today, he has ONE stereo, ONE tv, etc etc. Was kinda nice!
  12. PioneerGuy75

Ever seen OVAL voice coils?

Has anybody seen an oval driver with OVAL voice coil? :scratch2::scratch2::music:
  13. PioneerGuy75

General capacitor question

Does bulging caps mean they are bad and need replacement? Or not necessarily? Working on circa 2008 TV (When the plague of bad caps was about!) Wanna get the thing going but dont really wanna replace every single cap! Thanks!! :banana::banana:
  14. PioneerGuy75

Yamaha fans?

Any love for the NS-AP8805 system? Five piece surround system. Fronts are 4 woofers and one dome tweeter and surrounds are two woofers and one tweeter. Curved cabinet design similar to those Insignia's that were all the rage a few years ago. They seem well built. Good cabinet...
  15. PioneerGuy75

Look what followed me home today!

My first tube project/restoration! Just got it today, going to research etc and restore it this coming winter. Any tips welcome! This is my first rebuild. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
  16. PioneerGuy75

Driver layout question

I have a set of nice cabinets I would like to repurpose and a set of drivers for said cabinet. Only difficulty is the mid and tweet would have to be positioned side by side horizontally instead of stacked vertically. (picture included to help visualize. A vs B) What are the downsides...
  17. PioneerGuy75

KEF Uni-Q's

I have a pair of these (Q50 towers), and I think they sound pretty good. From what I have been reading lately, these are more of a hot mess than a success. Why? Like I say they do sound pretty good to me. :scratch2::smoke:
  18. PioneerGuy75

How do you stack?

Or more appropriately, how do you A/B compare? About once a year or so I get a good solid system going and then get the urge to dig everything out of storage and compare sounds. :music: Starts out as one, then two, then several stacks! :yes: Then the TV gets swallowed up :lmao::lmao: There...
  19. PioneerGuy75

If you decided to move on a whim....

Where would you go? Where and why? Anxious to hear suggestions!:yes:
  20. PioneerGuy75

Is this an actual Advent?

These came up on the local CL here....Advertised as Advents. Maybe so, but to me looks like someone stuffed some car audio 5 1/4 coaxials in there...:scratch2::scratch2:
  21. PioneerGuy75

Infinity EMIT Question

Hey everybody my question is....Are the newer "Round" EMIT tweeters as desirable as the older "square" style? Many thanks!:banana::music:
  22. PioneerGuy75

Prove or disprove this theory...

I have heard that once a surface has had Silicone applied to it (IE Silicone caulking) that nothing (including more silicone) will stick to it again. Is this true? Cheers :beerchug::beerchug:
  23. PioneerGuy75

Printer Question

I have a printer that has been sitting stored for quite a while...A year or so...:scratch2: My question is, does the ink dry in the print heads after prolonged storage to the point where it is no good any more? Thanks :banana::music:
  24. PioneerGuy75

Reptile Owners?

New reptile family here...Just curious how many people have reptiles? I have Three Red Ear Sliders and Three Russian Tortoises. Quite interesting little creatures! :banana::banana::banana:
  25. PioneerGuy75

Anybody heard of this brand...

MartinAsh? They have the appearance of the little BOZO cubes but I think are better built. They definitely weigh more....:scratch2: Sound quality I cannot say I have not heard the BOZOs. They sound OK for tiny little cubes:scratch2:
Back
Top Bottom