Search results

1. A

Sony AMP-X300 to replace Pioneer CS-707

These are listed locally for $100 and look decent. I know nothing about them though. Anything else that looks better than my current speakers are priced really high around my area. WOuld these be worth it and would they be better than my current speakers? I'm running them with a Kenwood KR-7600...
  2. A

Need something to replace Pioneer CS-707 speakers

These are the only larger speakers I've owned. I'm running them with a Kenwood KR-7600. They just don't seem pure enough if that makes sense. They sound good, but maybe a little boomy and flat? They seem decent and sensitive though. I'd have to figure out what I could sell them for and buy some...
  3. A

Pioneer sx-434 speaker selection help(school art studio)

I have a SX-434 in my studio at school that is maybe 12x15 or something like that if it matters. I'm looking for better sound than I'm getting from my current speakers. I'm currently using some old Minimus 7 speakers and what I think are unmarked Harmon Kardon HK-50 speakers. I don't know if the...
  4. A

Pioneer Pl-530 with 75 records for $350 (good first table?)

I am passing on another turntable I found. This one seems like a good deal with the records since I currently don't own any. He is the original owner and said he hasn't used it all in 10 or more years. It has just been sitting in his shelf. He had it listed with a Marantz 2252B and some other...
  5. A

Is this a good price for a PL-518? (Looking for first turntable)

I posted a screenshot from Craigslist. I talked him down to $160. He says it works perfectly, but the cover has a crack and it has no cartridge. I'm assuming a good cartridge will cost me about $50. Anyways, good deal or not? Thanks
  6. A

Hk-50??? Help identifying these speakers I found locally

I just found these in a local antique store for $60 and I thought they looked neat. I don’t know what they are because they plates on the bottom don’t say much and there aren’t any other identifiers on speakers. Through googling they look like Harmon Kardon hk-50 speakers, but they look...
  7. A

Help with this Marantz 2220

I am talking with a guy about an hour from me that has a Marantz 2220. He says everything works. He wanted $175 and I have him talked down to $100 plus two broken film cameras I have so he can make lamps out of them. I have a big camera collection and I wouldn't let someone do that with these...
  8. A

Can I clean my volume knob with mass airflow cleaner? Kenwood KR-7600

My volume is a little scratchy and the right speaker isn't as loud as the left. I switched them around to make sure it wasn't the speaker. I don't have anything besides mass airflow sensor that may work right now. I figured if it is safe for that sensor then it may be safe for the Kenwood. Am I...
  9. A

Possibly getting a Pioneer SX-434...will it work ok with my Pioneer CS-707 Speakers

Like the title says I am getting a Pioneer SX-434 to use in my office with my Pioneer CS-707 speakers. Currently I am powering them with a Kenwood KR-7600 and it sounds great, but the Pioneer is a little smaller and will fit on my desk easier. Will the Pioneer be enough to power those speakers...
  10. A

Kenwood KA-9100 and recommendations on something smaller

I haven't posted in a long time, but I have a chance to get a KA-9100 with a tuner and speakers for $25 tomorrow and I am pretty excited. I have been scouring facebook and craigslist daily looking for a smaller setup to use at my desk. I saw this and there is no way I can pass it up. I'm...
  11. A

8 ohm speakers into 16 ohm spot on receiver (Kenwood KR-7600, Realistic speakers)

I currently have a Kenwood KR-7600 running Pioneer CS-707 speakers on the A channel. I just picked a basically brand new set of wood Realistic Minimus 7W speakers for $5 and I was to possibly run those with my other speakers...A+B speakers. The B channel says 16 ohm. Can I plug the Realistic...
  12. A

Curious on value for Pioneer CS-707 speakers

i don't ever plan on selling these speakers, but I am curious as to how much they are worth. I got them along with some Kenwood speakers about 4 years ago for $30. I sold the Kenwood speakers for $30 to someone else. I was a little curious on value since everything I see online is sparse about...
  13. A

Kenwood KR-7600???

I found a Kenwood kr-7600 on craigslist today and he will take $100 for it. It looks clean and he says it works perfectly. This would be my first vintage receiver and it will be powering Pioneer cs-707 speakers. Thoughts on this receiver and price? Thanks.
  14. A

Help choosing a receiver for Pioneer CS-707 speakers

I got some money for my birthday ($100) and I am looking to buy a receiver for some Pioneer CS-707 speakers I got a few years ago. Those speakers were one of my favorite finds. I got them for $30 with some decent Kenwood speakers that I sold for $40. Basically, I made $10 and got some awesome...
  15. A

Wife's great aunt is giving me a setup for my speakers

My wife's great aunt has a setup that is in mint condition in the attic that looks brand new in the box. I am using will be using it for now to power my Pioneer CS-707 speakers. It is a technics SA-150 in a 4 part rack setup. I am not finding enough on it online and was hoping some of you had...
  16. A

New here and need help finding a receiver

Hey I am new to the forums. My name was supposed to be airbornejones but oh well. I am relatively new to the audio world I guess. I am active military but I am currently awaiting a military retirement due to two strokes and subsequent seizures in July. All I have right now is a pair of...
  17. A

new here from Dallas, TX area

Hey I am new to the forums. My name was supposed to be airbornejones but oh well. I am relatively new to the audio world I guess. I am active military but I am currently awaiting a military retirement due to two strokes and subsequent seizures in July. All I have right now is a pair of...
  18. A

Help mating receiver to my pioneer cs-707 speakers

I am new to the site. I will post on that in a minute. I acquired a mint pair of Pioneer Cs-707 speakers along with some older Kenwood speakers for $30 total. I got rid of the Kenwoods and I am now looking for a pioneer or other receiver that can power these well without breaking the bank. I...
Back
Top Bottom