Search results

1. Hawkeye83

Instruments owned by our musical heroes

Well I got some news on my MMJ guitar. Had it evaluated by a local shop. They think it needs the neck re-attached/glued, and setup. Said wouldn't be surprised if it was $700-800 to get it back to "right." So I'd be in it for $3500. Today is my last day to decide to return it or keep...
  2. Hawkeye83

The 6% commission on buying or selling a home is gone

We literally just put in an offer on a home yesterday and I'll admit I have no idea how much I'm going to be paying my realtor. It's only the 2nd home she's shown us. She is good/helpful but man I hope I'm not paying her tens of thousands of dollars...I should probably read these contracts a...
  3. Hawkeye83

Very nice! I Just saw "Skynyrd" for the first time this past summer on RAGBRAI (long bike ride across Iowa). No original members left (Gary Rossington had just died a few months prior), but I still had a blast. This homey ain't really trying to brag either (besides - almost no one even knows...
  4. Hawkeye83

I'd love to learn how to repair guitars, even build one someday maybe. Seems like a real fun job!
  5. Hawkeye83

Any Friends of Bill W here @ AudioKarma

I have to admit I had a minor slip-up last weekend. I went to a concert and hit my friend's vape pen and took a few edibles beforehand. The cannabis had made me anxious - it does that sometimes, I'm better off sticking with my own stuff that I "know" how I'm going to react to, especially if...
  6. Hawkeye83

I've had a few bands that were important in my life...well, a lot more than a few, but have had 3 distinct "favorite-band" periods. 1) First Pearl Jam. They got me away from top-40 stuff and listening to actual albums, and some "harder" music (LOL...to think of Pearl Jam as "hard rock" anymore...
  7. Hawkeye83

Kinda Cool, Fasters Cars Motor Trend has ever tested

Just since we were talking Porsche's above, my brother had a Cayman for awhile. Man that thing was fun to drive. Can't tell you the year or anything. Just remember taking it out one day, man that was fun. He also had a souped-up Subaru BRZ. That car wasn't the fastest, but it sure looked...
  8. Hawkeye83

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, but anyone here own any music gear that was previously owned by any famous (or even semi-famous) musicians, or just your own personal musical "heroes," even if not really famous at all? So in the past I've owned some memorabilia...concert posters from...
  9. Hawkeye83

Infinity QLS-1 FB

I was tempted to make a 6 hour drive...I'm sure these speakers can rock the "F" out.
  10. Hawkeye83

KEF 207 for sale (WA)

Just pointing out some KEF 207's for sale in WA state. They don't come up for sale often, and this is about as cheap as they get @ $3950 asking price (plus shipping). I'd maybe be more interested but I'm happy with my 107's and just bought a $2500 guitar - can't do anymore "justifying" to my...
  11. Hawkeye83

I know I went over some of this already in my last post, but my relationship with alcohol has changed so drastically, it's crazy. I went from "craft-beer-enthusiast" to abstaining and most of the time, HATING the stuff! In all honesty, almost all adults around me drink "too much." Where I...
  12. Hawkeye83

Not a Friend of Bill W here per-se, but sober from alcohol since January 1, 2024. I did 4 months sober a few years ago. Relatively, I never had a big problem with it. Just the typical 20's-30's weekend drinking. I did LOVE my craft beer though. Enough that I brewed my own and (seriously)...
  13. Hawkeye83

RAGBRAI - 50TH Anniversary

I'm now officially signed up for RAGBRAI LI so if anyone comes across this and will be on the ride, hit me up for a meet-up/beer! Now to get to training...I was doing well in the fall but haven't done much in a few months. Time to get back at it!
  14. Hawkeye83

Apple To Shelf EV Development

This kind of bums me out, but I think companies will keep making EV's. As long as we have "options" I'm not worried about the future of EV (yet). We've owned a few and I personally love them, at least as commuter cars - never taken one on a long road trip yet...only our hybrid-EV Chevy Volt and...
  15. Hawkeye83

Amp upgrade for KEF Speakers

I admittedly do not understand a whole lot about amp specs. I know of watts, damping factor, THD... I've run my KEF 107's (and 103.2's and LS50's) on several different amps, and they just always seem to sound good, but I don't push them super hard. I used a Peachtree Decco 65SE (65 wpc as you...
  16. Hawkeye83

KEF owners thread

Anyone here ever heard KEF 207's? I have 107's. I'm sure 207's are "better" (or at least measure better?) - but how much? They sure don't come up for sale often. I'm happy with the 107's but if the opportunity arises to try out 207's or Blades at a "good" price, I'll likely give 'em a try...
  17. Hawkeye83

What's your (current) dream car?

I used to be really into cars! Like memorizing cam specs and engine sizes and transmission model #'s and such. Never was a great mechanic though. I managed to own a 1969 Firebird for 20 years (ages 17-37). 3 years ago, I sold it. Wife and I still had like $160k in student loan debt, 2 kids...
  18. Hawkeye83

Which “inexpensive” speakers were you blown away by?

Not counting any ridiculously-good deals that are not "normal" asking prices - example getting Legacy Focus speakers for "free" or Tannoy Ardens for $750 or Altec 19's for $150 - not counting anything like that... What comes to mind, that I have personally experienced: - KEF 103.2 from a pawn...
  19. Hawkeye83

RAGBRAI - 50TH Anniversary

Anyone here doing RAGBRAI LI? 158 days until tire-dipping time. Likely will give it a go. I need to make it all the way across the state at least once. This is the hilliest RAGBRAI on record. I thought about doing the self-contained "bagger" thing and carrying everything on the bike, but I...
  20. Hawkeye83

Electric vehicle owners, let's talk.

Just sold our 2017 Chevy Volt, it was just having some errors and getting a little rougher and higher in the mileage (nearing 150k miles) so cashed out. Looking at a 2017 Bolt now, with around 30k miles. Between the $$ we got from the Volt sale and the $4k EV rebate (now point-of-sale), we can...
  21. Hawkeye83

Harbeth Owners Thread

I think they hold their value pretty well, used, but don't be afraid to buy used! I've bought very few audio pieces as new and have generally had great luck/experience. I think at one point I had new/retail like $200k+ worth of gear in my house but I probably had more like $20k spent. I've...
  22. Hawkeye83

On a somewhat related note, I also came across an article about a device they created that practically creates electricity out of thin air...much like a storm cloud would (lightning). Pretty cool if they could figure out how to scale this up! And it's tech like this that gives me continual hope...
  23. Hawkeye83

Any Recommendations For A 6-inch Full-Range Replacement Speaker?

Will 6.5" fit? Lii Audio makes pretty good drivers, full range. https://www.lii-audio.com/product/f-6s/
  24. Hawkeye83

Equivalent cost to fuel an electric car

This was so overblown. Even if it were true (and i'm not sure it is), it's hardly ever an issue, at least for COMMUTING (long-distance travel - another story). Example - we owned a 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E for awhile. It was the lowest-range model they made, at 211 miles, in good conditions...
  25. Hawkeye83

We've got a Honda CRV, Acura MDX, and Chevy Volt (PHEV). I prefer driving the Volt, whenever possible. So nice to not have to put in gas. Plus it's quick and I like the way it drives. The Volt is a hybrid so I do have to put in gas from time to time, but it can go up to 50 miles using no gas...
Back
Top Bottom