Search results

1. M

Steve Guttenberg talks about the MC901

You know, I sort of remember Rush, 2112. But, was never a fan of their music. However, I did like their album covers.
  2. M

Ray Manzarek's McIntosh ?

Ah. The good old days of using cement blocks to construct a shelving unit. :)
  3. M

Steve Guttenberg talks about the MC901

I like your avatar. That was the last Sabbath album I bought when I was a kid. Don't see too many people with the album. And, then years later, when I was no longer a kid, I bought Black Sabbath 13.
  4. M

I'm stepping down

Mike, Thank you.
  5. M

Banana Plug Adapters for Barrier Strips

I have an MC275 MkIV, which I believe is the last version with barrier strips for attaching the speaker wires. I acquired a new pair of speakers cables and both ends have banana plugs. I could have sworn, many moons ago and by chance, I came across information that adapters were available that...
  6. M

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you

Yes. Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow McIntoshers. Hope this post finds all are happy and relaxed from the holiday weekend.
  7. M

I've caved - now a Mac guy.

Wow. Clean looking pieces.
  8. M

I've caved - now a Mac guy.

Pleased with my C2200 courtesy of Audio Classics.
  9. M

I wonder if Mcintosh knows about this...

Wow. What shameless lowlifes. Reminds me of a story that a friend shared with me. He is in the manufacturing business. He said the moment he realized that he had to set up manufacturing operations in China was the day he was in China for a meeting with an important client. And, as he sat in...
  10. M

Pulled trigger on mc462 today

Affirmative. MC352. Thanks for catching that.
  11. M

Where's c_dk? (RIP July 4, 2020)

I will miss his posts.
  12. M

Pulled trigger on mc462 today

I'd like to hear your comparison between the MC252 and MC462.
  13. M

SF Bay Area High-End Store Survey - House of Music SF is Closed

It might depend on what part of the country you are in. On the West Coast I know that, at least some of the time, if not all of the time, they ship to a repair center in Washington state. And, IIRC, it is an original repair center from when Magnolia Audio/Video existed as a freestanding company.
  14. M

SF Bay Area High-End Store Survey - House of Music SF is Closed

RE: House of Music in SF. Sorry to hear that. I went be their store once or twice when I was in The City, but both times they were closed. RE: Century Audio in San Jose. That's surprising. When I was last in Nor Cal my nephew took me there. They seemed to have a robust business. Maybe 5...
  15. M

Southern California AK Winter Meet-up Info & RSVP

Ah. Thank you for the reply. I like their products and once had their CD player, the JD100, with mods, in my system.
  16. M

What model Jolida do you have?
  17. M

David/Tim thank you for co-hosting the event. And, to you two and the rest of the AK'ers, it was a pleasure meeting everyone yesterday.
  18. M

Alternating Between Solid State Amp & Tube Amp

62 Caddy, Your detailed listening test, specifically the "tape hiss" tests reminded me of time I spent at Ampex -- the tape company. (Not sure if they are still around). But they were HQ'd near my school and we were working on a student film and they allowed us to use the facilities. Very...
  19. M

Terry, Thanks for sharing your support of the symphony. Because it has been so long I can't quite remember the details, but I interviewed with the San Francisco Symphony back in college. At that time I had an interest in the fine arts -- on the management side, not the performance side. What...
  20. M

TSmith8605/Terry I just thought of you because we are watching the ‘9er / Green Bay game. And the ‘9ers just did that boneheaded penalty when the Packers were like 3rd and 35. Thought of you because your signature states Sunnyvale. I used to live in Nor Cal—Palo Alto, Mountain View, Redwood...
  21. M

62 Caddy That was interesting. Thank you.
  22. M

TSmith8605/Terry See my response to SaturationPt/Jeff regarding the target market for my post. In your case I would also add that I was hoping to get some responses from methodical people such as yourself. Thank you for your response. In response to your query regarding the reason for my...
  23. M

Saturation Pt--2 Sorry, forgot to answer your question related to what my system is and what I like / dislike about it. I have 3 systems: 1) a 2-channel, tube-based system, 2) a multi-channel, solid state based system, and, 3) a desktop, computer based system. For the sake of brevity, the...
  24. M

RUMBLER5467 Thank you for you answer. So, it sounds like in terms of the 1st question related to expectations, you have alternated between tube and SS, because your Spendors do “not need a whole lot of current.” And, in terms of the 2nd question related to results, the results were that you...
Back
Top Bottom