Search results

1. vonclod

Buy a speaker or a house?

Wow, nice, it's your castle! :beerchug: In 20 years here, the values have more than doubled, closer to triplied! We had a lot of buyers from other countries buy here, got very intense. Very hard to break in now.
  2. vonclod

Buy a speaker or a house?

Wow, also, lucky bastards that can buy a house for under 800-900k..for a fixer upper
  3. vonclod

speaker suggestions.....

PSB Golds, affordable, and good bass.
  4. vonclod

What's up with You Tube?

I'm running an old Alienware laptop, probably the same age, running win7. Definitely been periods of time been pretty buggy..I know the days are numbered for this machine doing the tube.
  5. vonclod

The New Wave Of British Heavy Metal

I had this as a teen, hell, I might still have a copy, Rob "wacko" Hunter on the drums <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  6. vonclod

MAC 4100

Very slight, 2-3" away can just hear it. It's been running for about 8 years, with a few interruptions.
  7. vonclod

McIntosh MC Phono stage question...

You would not want to use a external SUT in the MC input. Now, you could use one in the MM input. If you had one laying around, easy to try. You might like it, hard to beat a good SUT Some McIntosh gear has internal SUTs for the MC input, well mine did, I assume, other's do.
  8. vonclod

The importance of signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) to audio quality

SNR to me, is more about speaker selection, running very efficient speaks, the lowest SNR is desirable..particularly the amps SNR.
  9. vonclod

Songs about Summer...!

Janis <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. vonclod

Waiting for your package to be delivered is like:

Currently no fun..no fun at all. Have a few packages otw from the US..been 6 weeks+ so far
  11. vonclod

Power amp options for rattling my house!

I'm going to say the PS Audio is the most "high current"
  12. vonclod

Girls on LP cover - REDUX

:rflmao:
  13. vonclod

local weed growing discussions

It helps the plant uptake Nitrogen, if you check out a bag of unscented epsom salts, there is often a little direction to feed your houseplants.
  14. vonclod

Wilson Watt Puppy 5, mid driver hum, but not hooked up?

No kidding, speaker sounds fine, phono stage was working fine too. I'm not even sure there is much to look at cross over wise, as I believe Wilson potted their cross overs:eek: I'm left to assume the energy radiated was picked up by the crossover or driver itself, I lean to crossover. I'm...
  15. vonclod

It's just a general thing, it indicates, cold, or stress, nutrient lockup..etc. I have seen the odd strain that was more redish, a ruderalis hybrid. Another thing too, each plant from seed, even if from same mother, can differ to some degree from the others.
  16. vonclod

Ruderalis strains can be pretty interesting, had some from way back that leaked sap! I miss the old school Blueberry x NL
  17. vonclod

So, has this happened to anyone else? I had my roomie confirm, he heard it too. I'm not having auditory hallucinations :crazy::rflmao:
  18. vonclod

POP QUIZ. Who Am I? Test your mettle.

Moon Unit.
  19. vonclod

So, I unplugged the phono power supply, and no hum..weird. I can only guess the trafo in the unit radiated enough energy the crossover picked up a signal.
  20. vonclod

They would possibly be autoflower, as opposed to feminised..having said that, breeders are creating all kinds of unstable strains/seeds. Could be autoflower(ruderalis) in the mix, or unstable genetics.
  21. vonclod

This is a bit bizarre, doing a speaker swap, got me ear a few inches away from mid driver, and it's producing a low level hum..but they are not hooked up. The top cab is connected to bottom, but bottom not connected to anything. When I disconnect top from bottom, hum goes away. There was a...
  22. vonclod

Purple stem is usually a sign of stress
  23. vonclod

Do Your Friends or SO Share Audio Enjoyment?

Every friday night, for the last 5+ years, is music/beer night, just re-opening after..well, you know. 1-3 buds generally show up, they enjoy the music and gear, they know if something is off after a gear/speaker swap. One of the visitors has been inspired to build his own system, the other 2...
  24. vonclod

Dr Thomas Musical Fidelity

I have a Tri Vista, would never part with it either.
Back
Top Bottom