Search results

1. H

KT-5300 Meter Light

Picked up a KT-5300 yesterday and the light in the meter appears dim. Is the lamp part of the meter or is it somewhere else? I don't see it anywhere and don't see it listed in the SM. Thanks
  2. H

2220B Advice Please

Disclosure, I am a newbie. Found a 2220b on the side of the road. Brought it home, opened it up. Looks good to my amateur eye. Couple of rust spots and lots of dust. Blew out the dust and cleaned it up. D5 on the switches and faderlube on the pots. Put it on the dbt, bulb dimmed and the...
  3. H

Testing Transistor Out of Circuit

Read EW's thread on testing transistors. Seems to me the best test would be performed out of circuit. Does that mean the transistor should be removed from the heatsink also? This receiver doesn't have a heatsink, the output transistors are mounted on the back wall of the chassis. If I do...
  4. H

Confused by capacitor reading...

Doing some work on my Harman Kardon 230a. I have a new DMM and was checking the capacitor function on an in circuit capacitor. Got an OL so I took it out. Measured at 634 microfarads. Funny thing is the cap's rating is 470 microfarads. Is that possible that the cap would test higher than...
  5. H

Fluke 115 DMM - Work?

Hi. Looking at a Fluke 115 DMM. Doesn't measure micro amps, will that be a problem for audio gear? Thanks.
  6. H

HK 330i cleaning push buttons

Cant seem to find a thread on this. Just got a HK 330i that is pretty clean. Used deoxit on the pots but am wondering if I can use the deoxit on the push buttons? Thanks.
  7. H

My buddy is back, KA-3500

My buddy since 1977 is back. Got me through high school, college, marriage and kids. Now that I have more time to listen she developed a problem, about a year ago. Posted on the solid state forum and EW diagnosed and gave me a parts list. So I got to work, bought an iron and practiced...
  8. H

Output Transistors vs Driver Transistors

Newby question. Can someone explain the difference between output transistors and driver transistors? I see the two mentioned in many posts but don't understand the difference between the two. Is any transistor not an output transistor a driver?
  9. H

HK 330c or Pioneer SA6500

I have a chance to buy either a HK330c or Pioneer SA6500. Any suggestions? HK would be about $25 more.
  10. H

Kenwood KA3500 No Sound Burning Smell

Changed out an RCA cable on my amp tonight. Powered it up and there was no sound and a distinct burning smell (no smoke). I took the cover off and looked inside but to my newbie eye nothing stood out. I was able to localize the smell to the back third of the amp by the transformer and...
  11. H

I'm New and I need Help

I have a Harman Kardon 230a which I bought during high school in 1976. Ran it for two years until I upgraded to a Kenwood KA-3500. I then used the HK as a tuner for the amp for 15 years and then it went into storage. Hasn't been used much since '91. I now have a need for it. Powered it up...
Back
Top Bottom