Search results

1. deaner33

Strange refoam issue

Oh yeah, been there. On the good one, when I touched it I expected my finger to go right through it. Seems to be holding strong but will keep an eye on it.
  2. deaner33

Strange refoam issue

Same amount of sunlight. Just kind of curious about the lifespan of one versus the other.
  3. deaner33

Strange refoam issue

Recently noticed the foam failing on a pair of Advent/9s that I refoamed approximately 10 years ago. Here's the weird thing - it only happened on one speaker. The other refoam appears as new despite being done at the same time. Any idea why that would be? The surrounds were bought at the...
  4. deaner33

Does tubes have a very low buzz / hum?

For more information on your amp, look up the Qinpu Q-2.
  5. deaner33

A little collection...

As far as I can tell that Magnavox is very rare. I've been searching on Ebay for a couple of years and the one you snagged is only the 2nd or 3rd one I've seen there. That NEC is beautiful. Is that a second rack of REVOX gear lurking behind the rack you photographed???
  6. deaner33

Tinman is the man for fixing vintage CD players!

Tinman has worked his magic again! He repaired/recapped my holy grail CDP - Magnavox FD-3040. He always goes above and beyond the call of duty with his repairs. I can't recommend him highly enough! A nice guy to talk to as well. :thmbsp:
  7. deaner33

JBL 4408 vs. JBL 4408A's (vs. Dynaco A-25) Speakers

Love my 4408's with a sub. Haven't heard the Dynaco's but would love to. Welcome to AK my Luxman friend... :thmbsp:
  8. deaner33

WhiteSE sent me a Luxman!

So nice I did it twice Got some more Luxman gear from Jack. Smooth transaction - the guy is alright. :thmbsp:
  9. deaner33

Luxman M-05/C-05 Combo

Very nice Luxman gear - I'd love to find one of those CD players. You may want to read the rules about offers to sell equipment...
  10. deaner33

Luxman L-430 warm up light

My M-02 warmup light goes off after about a minute, my C-02's takes about 5-8 mins. Don't really notice a difference in sound with the light on or off... 15 mins. seems a little long though.
  11. deaner33

Have you ever gotten the wrong music on a CD?

I bought a sealed copy of Kyuss - Muchas Gracias, but the music on it was Welcome To Sky Valley.
  12. deaner33

Theoretical matchup - ADS 910 vs. JBL L300 Summit

They're both dream speakers for me? :dunno:
  13. deaner33

Which Luxman lines are better?

Paging WhiteSE! I've currently got 2 Luxman combos - C-1010 with a M-2000 and a C-02/M-02. I prefer the looks of the C-02/M-02, but the C-1010 is the gem of all of my pieces. Very warm, smooth and a vinyl lover's dream. I've also got a CX-100/MX100 coming in so I can't say the 80's...
  14. deaner33

I made an offer on this old computer...

What about a Kaypro II? My dad had a couple of those and LOVED them. Wonder what he did with them? :scratch2:
  15. deaner33

Has anybody seen?

With Skullcandy, you are paying for the graphics, IMO. I've hear some $10-$20 cheapies that sound a lot better.
  16. deaner33

Luxman M-02 bulb info needed

Thanks, you guys are the best.
  17. deaner33

JBL L26 Decade Refoam

Yeah, deoxit might be all that's needed on your L-pads. Mine were so messed up I just replaced them.
  18. deaner33

Record stores on "life-support"

The only problem is that local record shops don't take Pay-Pal...
  19. deaner33

JBL L26 Decade Refoam

I have some L25's which are the same except for different cabs. I had to replace the L-Pads in mine and it made a world of difference.
  20. deaner33

Technics SU-G91

Maybe "New Class A" which ain't Class A. The amp should be decent though for that era.
  21. deaner33

The M-02 needed a new power cord (and lamps), no other problems. The C-02 had tone control issues that stumped my tech friend and me until we figured out it was an adjustment pot that was wonky. After replacing it - :music:. Yep, that's what the service manual specifies - thanks for...
  22. deaner33

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=354430 :D
  23. deaner33

I recently obtained a M-02 amp that works great, but the meter bulbs are burnt out. Has anyone replace the bulbs in one of these that can steer me towards the correct ones to use? I looked at the service manual on Hifi engine, but found it confusing. Thanks in advance, Deaner
  24. deaner33

Ampex Full Range Speakers

They look to be in really nice shape.
  25. deaner33

Deaner's cubicle headphone system

The headphone amp is a Qinpu Q-2 - around $120 on Ebay IIRC. I swap cd players out fairly regularly - nice having our office by the loading dock. I can bypass security completely (not that they care).
Back
Top Bottom