Search results

1. Macaroonie

Linn vs Ariston?

I think you all above should read this important post. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ariston-history.1054333/
  2. Macaroonie

Ariston history

Thanks for that Best wishes ,. M.
  3. Macaroonie

How many power amps is too many?

My bedroom system amps , currently running Bose 901.
  4. Macaroonie

New Denon 3000ne turntable

Nice clean looking design . I hope it holds up under scrutiny. Time will tell.
  5. Macaroonie

E-140 in 4507

To add a little to my post above I always wondered about the wisdom of adding the mass ring INSIDE the voice coil former where it can collide with the magnet assembly. And that will wake you up , ask me how I know. Also if the mass is added in the VC region you then have 30g extra mass in the...
  6. Macaroonie

E-140 in 4507

Well my friend I think you are spot on. The 2235 is really a sub driver. By and large the 2234 version seems to be better at integrating with 1200 Hz horns. Another option might be to build in a 200mm nid driver. Of course that would need x/o modifications. I would have the recone done as 2234...
  7. Macaroonie

E-140 in 4507

Hi Hannes. Here's my 2 pfennigs. I have 2235h drivers in a 3 way fully active system. Please be aware that the response falls away much earlier than for example the 2226. This entirely due to the added mass. You will struggle to reach 1000Hz to hand over to your horn. The nidrange will start...
  8. Macaroonie

What would you do with these cabinets?

We have a winner. 4315a. I got a major score from the folks at Tannoy , they at one time had mutual distribution with JBL on the monitor market and had got 4343 4315 and 4312 from the US and had sent Tannoy equivalents over to LA. The JBL's were all utility grey and not that pretty. and had...
  9. Macaroonie

Here's a quiz for the brains trust here. What do you think these are ? I built them. \there is aTannoy connection. Imagine if thes boxes were empty , what would y,all be thinking , ?
  10. Macaroonie

Another thing I noticed is the wadding. I did an image search for Lockwood cabinets and you can see that same stuff in the boxes. Dim and distant memory here but I think it was called BAF wadding. Here's a gen L/W box with the period driver. Same wadding IMO.
  11. Macaroonie

So if the mounting hole diameter is correct for either a 12 or a 15 then you can think Tannoy almost 100 percent. That would then tilt the balance towards Lockwood
  12. Macaroonie

I notice that there are 8 mounting holes. Later Tannoys had 4 mounting bolts BUT go back to Monitor Gold and there are 8
  13. Macaroonie

A picture of the back surfaces would be helpful. In retrospect I'm thinking along the lines of a Goodmans Axiom build up.
  14. Macaroonie

Some more complete pics would be useful Thanks
  15. Macaroonie

Very sadly Tannoy have gone from the UK , kinda like Altec,and now owned by Uli Behringer. Don't hold your breath on that. Some of the folks from the Glasgow plant now do good things at Fyne Audio. So , no contact point for vintage info.
  16. Macaroonie

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266515216141?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=7101533165274578&mkcid=2&itemid=266515216141&targetid=4585169654799855&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=412354547&mkgroupid=1305120599331881&rlsatarget=pla-4585169654799855&abcId=9300541&merchantid=87779&msclkid=b7e...
  17. Macaroonie

Those cabinets have the look of vintage Lockwood boxes , ie, 60s...
  18. Macaroonie

Hi from Scotland

My pal Sean lives in Brora. He\s from Drymen as am I currently.
  19. Macaroonie

Linn tonearm substitute?

Zeta.
  20. Macaroonie

RCA Audio Cable Recommendations

It matters. Costs you nothing to check it out. Not kidding
  21. Macaroonie

RCA Audio Cable Recommendations

Have you looked into cable direcion ?
  22. Macaroonie

How many of you built Heathkits?

Great stories folks. Thanks from Scotland.
  23. Macaroonie

You gotta turn it up! Songs best listened to LOUD!

All of ' Billy the Mountain ' Live cut should be listened at those levels. Zappa strikes again.
Back
Top Bottom