Search results

1. analog addict

Quick cap question. Don't recognize this brand...

Picked a project off the shelf for restoration and relocation. A very nice HK A-50K that I don't personally have interest in. Popped it open for the first time, and pretty quickly determined that someone's already been in this one... Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr Untitled by analog...
  2. analog addict

What to do with a dead SX-680?

Friend gave me a SX-680 to look at and I've given it a quick once over. Apparently the front end works with the tuner needle deflecting and the FM stereo light coming on, but no sound. I took a quick look inside and saw the dreaded unobtainum STK packs. Ugh.... So now the question becomes what...
  3. analog addict

Anyone ID these transformers? Burnstein Applebee labeled.

I have a couple of mystery transformers that I don't know much about, but would like to ID as part of the liquidation process. They are labeled with a BA stock number and one came in an old BA labeled box. I've been told by one source that they look like large (60+ watts) Ultralinear OPTs with...
  4. analog addict

Latest build - 6GK6 SEP amp

I decided to work up a build using a tube I had subbed into a Magnavox rebuild over a decade ago. One of the cool things about the 6GK6 is that it's essentially equivalent to a 6BQ5, except it has a different pin out and different internal connections. Another cool thing is that you can get old...
  5. analog addict

Advise needed on a Mac 1900 Volume pot exchange...

Had a friend ask me to change out the volume pot on his Son's 1900, and since it was a direct replacement from Audio Classics, I said sure. Well, after flipping this beast over and taking a look, it's not so straight forward. Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr Untitled by analog addict, on...
  6. analog addict

Zenith 5L29 teardown and rebuild

So a fellow AK'er asked me to rebuild a console amp he had picked up, a Zenith 5L29. My task was to remove all the extra bits and pieces and strip it down to a pure power amp, I was even provided with a nice large copy of the original schematic! So here is the starting material... Untitled by...
  7. analog addict

First build in awhile - 5755 phono preamp

Been quite awhile since I started a from scratch build, but after a number of unopened WE 5755/420A tubes from the early 1950's fell into my hands, I decided to finally build another phono preamp. It helped that I came across a discarded chassis in the back of Dennis Had's shop that looked as if...
  8. analog addict

MC-225 with a problem...

Friend of a friend asked me to look at his 225, which has developed a significant, intermittent hum. Amp as received. Had received a full overhaul maybe a decade ago. Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr Took me looking up the owner's manual to realize...
  9. analog addict

9900z gave up the magic smoke

I have a 9900z in for diagnosis and possible repair. Owner said he was running it and pushed the loudness button and out came the smoke. So I put it on the DBT, and it dimmed. No relay click. Front end seems to be working properly with AM&FM receiving stations, good signal strength, etc. I took...
  10. analog addict

2230 dial relamp

Wound up with a 2230 from a local scrapper for dirt. Since it was covered in dirt, I figgered the price was only appropriate. On the plus side it came with an intact case, and even a plastic cover for the face plate. And it even works. Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr Since the dial lights...
  11. analog addict

Anyone ever work on one of these? Roberts WR-90 tube intercom/AM radio

So one of my regulars asked me to work on this little gem. Never seen, or even imagined a tube intercom before, but there's a first for everything. Of course, the kicker is the AM radio and phono section. Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr Well, let's see what we have here.... Untitled by...
  12. analog addict

Central NC Audio Auction. Toobs, Fisher, Dynaco, Mark Levinson, etc...

No affiliation, just local... Items For Sale At Auction - Vintage Audio Radio Musical Tubes Camera Estate in Mebane, NC (auctionzip.com)
  13. analog addict

c-20... My turn

So, as I was finishing up a restore job for another AK'er, a c-20 fell into my hands at a fair price. It's not perfect, but I've definitely seen worse. It's been partially restored, but a quick look showed that the can caps are still original. Included tubes are a mishmosh of four different...
  14. analog addict

Jera - a pleasure doing business!

Had a couple of smooth transactions with Jeramiah recently along with one in the past as well. Easy going, responsive, great packer and fast shipper. What more could one want? Highly recommended :bigok:
  15. analog addict

Anyone have any experience with a SHS DH-1600?

I know a fellow looking for a big power amp and I have this on the shelf that I picked up somewhere along the way. IIRC It had a broken speaker connector, which I replaced and it seemed to function properly when I tested it. The only info I have been able to find has been a rating of 450 WPC...
  16. analog addict

Starnge PAS 3/3X mods. Anyone every seen anything like this?

Just opened up a PAS-3/3X that was given to me for a refreshening. Already knew something was up when I saw this on the back...Anyone have a guess as to the meaning of BTCC? Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr Popped the lid, and found this... Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr What the...
  17. analog addict

Heathkit SA2 restore and a quick question...

Got a request to restore a Heathkit SA-2 but on a budget, so I figured power supply caps, coupling caps, and anything that measured way out of spec. Here is the raw material... Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr A...
  18. analog addict

Lafayette KT600A restoration....

Friend of mine has asked me to do the restore on this piece, and so as usual, I'll post a detailed thread and document the work in case anyone might want a little help in the future. Of course, I'll prolly need more than a little help as well, but that's another story..... Apparently these go...
  19. analog addict

A gift of free toobs....uses?

Well, my good buddy Dennis gave me a set of boxes full of tubes that someone had given him. However, since they were cluttering up the floor of his workshop, he said get these things outta here! OK, since I'm an official toob dumpster, I took them, no questions asked. Well, after a couple of...
  20. analog addict

MC-60 #2 restore...

So I got started on this, and then realized that the circuit is actually quite different than the first one I did. Then realized that I hadn't really documented this one as well as I should have...sigh. Oh well, here's what I have... Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr Untitled by analog...
  21. analog addict

Sherwood S-7910 strange dim bulb tester behavior

Friend asked me to take a look at his Sherwood S-7910 receiver for him. Seemed fine when I first plugged it into my dim bulb tester. Bulb dimmed, and then the power relay clicked and I had music from the tuner. It seemed to run fine for a little while, although I noticed that there might have...
  22. analog addict

Voltage question post restore on a Dynaco PAS 3X

Picked up a slightly cosmetically challenged PAS 3X off of BT and have been going through it to restore and move down the road. Here are the stone cold stock, factory wired raw materials... Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr Untitled by analog addict...
  23. analog addict

Questions on MC 60 PS circuit....

Been trying to figger out the PS additions on this MC 60 I've been restoring. As usual, it differs from the three different schematics I've dug up and I wanted to make sure of my assumptions before getting too deep into this project. Anyway, here's the closest schematic I have. Note the date is...
  24. analog addict

MC-60 restore

Have a pair of MC-60s from a friend that I'm just starting to restore. Funny thing, serial number of 6F632 would, according to Terry D, be about Aug 1961, which happens to be the owners birthday as well. Took the first one of them apart, and immediately noticed that apparently not only had...
  25. analog addict

Looking for transistor sub/replacement info...

Read through the "Top Ten" sticky thread above, but still looking for a specific, not too costly replacement for a 2SC627, plus a resource (or ten) for general cross referencing replacements for 40-50 year old transistors. Anyone have any suggestions for a toob guy looking to do more SS work?
Back
Top Bottom