Search results

1. Perkinsman

2270 SS & Tuning Meters Not Working

Yeah, my ugly solder job was bothering me as well. I had tacked in the new capacitor to make sure it wasn’t the problem and didn’t clean it up but did now. So the 1.5v battery maxed out the signal strength meter both ways but the needle still doesn’t show a normal sensitivity response. The...
  2. Perkinsman

Are you thinking that the meters themselves are bad?
  3. Perkinsman

Also, I am getting similar voltages at the positive lugs of each meter as their corresponding board lugs
  4. Perkinsman

No grounding of + lug but good call because it’s close.
  5. Perkinsman

The Signal Strength meter does move but only as far as the 2nd bar for the strongest stations, then abruptly stops & won't go any further. The Tuning meter doesn't budge.
  6. Perkinsman

J557 ranged 9mv to 70mv J504 ranged -30m to -60mv
  7. Perkinsman

1. Cap negative to the black wire. 2. Voltage from J557 & J504 to their corresponding meter terminals, are both .3 ohms, tuned to a strong station or not.
  8. Perkinsman

1. Cap negative to the black wire. 2. Voltage from J557 & J504 to their corresponding meter terminals, are both .3 ohms, tuned to a strong station or not.
  9. Perkinsman

It doesn’t appear that the meters have been disconnected. I did replace the cap on the signal strength meter.
  10. Perkinsman

Voltage Chart for 2270

Yes! Thank you, I've been trying to find that all day. Can diodes be tested in circuit or do I need to lift a leg?
  11. Perkinsman

Voltage Chart for 2270

Can someone please post or direct me to a voltage chart for the 2270, specifically P200, P500, P550? I'm trying to find out why the Signal Strength meter won't go past the second hash mark & why the FM Tuning meter won't move at all ?
  12. Perkinsman

I've read the threads and this is a little different in that the Tuning meter doesn't move at all & the Signal Strength maxes out just shy of the second mark for strongest stations. The red stereo light comes on. Can someone list the important component voltages on the 500 & 200 boards...
  13. Perkinsman

President IV Model 801 - Got schematic?

That's the one, thanks D...are you familiar with power transistors that are lukewarm?
  14. Perkinsman

President IV Model 801 - Got schematic?

I inherited an older solid state 4 speaker stereo system that was pulled from a Fisher console. Seems to be intermittent right/left channel issue. The 4 power transistors are very warm-hot on one side but 4 are luke warm on the other side. Does this indicate all that side transistors need to be...
  15. Perkinsman

800c Sound Fades & Returns in One Channel

Ok, pulled both of those jumpers & tightened/deox’d (again) each socket & it’s run for about 10 hrs without incident. So far so good! Thanks gentleman.
  16. Perkinsman

Are those what I call the RCA input jacks, in this case the 2 AUX jacks? If so, I’ve cleaned them & compressed so they’re a little tighter around the input jack. I’ve read many threads here where the Volume Control carbon wears out & causes odd problems. I’m wondering if that could be the issue...
  17. Perkinsman

After playing for an hour or two, it has an intermittent imbalance issue where the sound will "fade" away in the R channel. Then, after either a Volume or Balance control adjustment, the sound returns and plays fine for awhile & then repeats. It has been recently recapped, the tubes tested good...
  18. Perkinsman

Marantz 250 Transistor Subs?

Thanks & very interesting about the diff pair. I‘ll bet I’m not the first to wonder why the 250 schematic/parts list doesn’t specify components & why the board isn’t silkscreened.
  19. Perkinsman

Sorry to beat this to death but is Q501&Q502 two hfe matched NPN 2N5961‘s? Or is there a PNP transistor to pair with the 2N5961?
  20. Perkinsman

Got it, I’ll check them. What should their hfe be & what is too low?
  21. Perkinsman

Are you able to tell me what the differential pair is what their value is? Are they Q501&Q502?
  22. Perkinsman

Is the diff pair the C501&C502 pair? If so, do you happen to know their value?
  23. Perkinsman

After I install this new transistors I plan on recapping the ecaps & leaving the large filter caps alone. I have a good supply of low noise Nichicon & Elnas that should do the job but are the any specific caps that have special requirements?
  24. Perkinsman

Thanks Tom, that’s so cool!
Back
Top Bottom