Search results

1. spence0nasty

CT-F9191 Restoration - No FF/REW and Other Transport Problems

I have a ct-f9191 that had the common FF/REW problem and I think I may have created more transport problems in the course of trying to fix it. Right now the symptom is that the capstan/flywheel doesn't start turning when the machine is powered on. I'm creating this thread both to get help moving...
  2. spence0nasty

Pioneer SA-8500 Recap/Rebuild/Restoration/BOM

A few days ago I picked up an SA-8500 that my neighbor left on the curb. Other than the fact that it's missing one of its feet it's in okay cosmetic shape. It does have some corrosion on the rear contacts, pre/main jumpers, etc., presumably from being stored in a damp basement or something, but...
  3. spence0nasty

High (5V) DC Offset from Technics SA-200

I have a Technics SA-200 that was working perfectly fine ~3 or 4 months ago but when I powered it on tonight and measured the DC offset I got ~5V in the left channel and only 80mV in the right. Luckily, I didn't have it connected to any speakers or they'd probably be toast! I've got the...
  4. spence0nasty

Source for Energy speaker badges?

I have a pair of Energy Point 1e bookshelf speakers that need their speaker cloths replaced. One of the speakers is missing the badge and I'd like to find a replacement for it while I'm sprucing them up. I've been checking eBay for a while searching for one of these to no avail so I thought...
  5. spence0nasty

Realistic LAB-400 Speed (Motor?) Problems

I picked up a Realistic LAB-400 the other day and when I got it home and started to clean it I noticed that the platter was spinning a little inconsistently. I took the platter off to get a better look and the motor isn't spinning consistenly, instead it turns in short bursts. Here's a video of...
  6. spence0nasty

My SX-626 recap (with pictures!)

I purchased an SX-626 last year with the intention to recap it but when I hooked it up it sounded good so I left it alone. It recently developed some noise in the right channel so I decided it was probably time to do the job. This was my first recap and during the process AK has been an...
  7. spence0nasty

I came across a trove of equipment on CL but the prices seem high. Thoughts?

I found a guy on my local CL who is getting ready to offload a bunch of vintage equipment that he's accrued through the years. I was interested in the Luxman integrated amp so I messaged him and he only came down to $175 for it. I'm new-ish to vintage audio so I'm not really sure how to gauge if...
Back
Top Bottom