Search results

1. mjs1

Tubes(Valves) for Sansui AU 111 Vintage (1999)

Hi folks. I may have the opportunity to buy one of these as a representative Sansui tube amplifier. I am confused by the schematic on the audioheritage site which shows halves, such as "1/2 6AQ8" : http://audio-heritage.jp/SANSUI/amp/au-111vintage1999.html Does one tube handle both...
  2. mjs1

Yamaha NS1000M s from bhebbel

Many thanks to Barry (bhebbel) for finding these and offering them to the AK community and sending them to me. They were packed in the original boxes which were reinforced, marked heavy and fragile, shipped as requested via FedEx and arrived safely. Communication could not have been better...
  3. mjs1

Sansui NM-LAPT Transistors

Hi folks. I have developed an interest in the late model Japanese market only Sansui integrateds with NM-LAPT transistors. Among other things, I wonder about replacements. I have found this post: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-19449.html Quoting: The Alpha 907 non-MOS...
  4. mjs1

Gully as a japanese audio term

Hi folks Occasionally I will look at listings on Yahoo.jp for amplifiers and get a translation something like "beautiful goods, gully none". Does anyone know what a gully is? Is it a scratch? 美品 ガリなし When I use Google Translate I get "Garinashi". Any help appreciated. Thanks...
  5. mjs1

Japanese Only Sansui Amplifiers Manuals

Hi All Every now and then I dream about getting one of the later Japanese market only Sansui amplifiers such as an alpha 907 NRA or MX and in fact I do have a B 2102 mos vintage that I picked up about 1 year ago on eBay from a former executive of a Japanese electronics company who took the...
  6. mjs1

Headphone Switch Box

Hi folks Does anyone know of a headphone switch box? I'm envisioning something that can be connected with a 1/4 inch male/male stereo cable to the 1/4 inch output from a headphone amp or the headphone output of a regular amp with 1/4 inch female receptacles for 3 to 4 headphones and a switch...
  7. mjs1

Sansui AU X911 DG

Hi folks I have a Sansui AU X911 DG that I picked up a few years ago. The sound is superb but I could never get the DAC to work. I have heard this 1 bit MASH D/A on other working units and liked the sound. I am not prepared to begin any repairs until I retire which won't be for a few...
  8. mjs1

Kappa Polydome

Hi folks. I got introduced to Infinity Speakers by BeatleFred's postings in the Sansui forum long ago. He has the Ren 90s. I've been checking the Infinity Forum daily and dream, but I am basically a Sansui fan and will never be able to drive (or afford) the Infinitys that are high up the...
  9. mjs1

Sansui TU-X711

Hi folks I thought that I would start a new thread on this rare Sansui tuner rather than continue the discussion in the "Best Sansui Amplifier" thread. Amazingly, two were available over at eBay over the past week and appear to have sold quickly. The first looked a little rough but went...
  10. mjs1

A Question About the AU Series

I have a question about the members of the Sansui AU series based on The Best of SANSUI site. Under International v.s. Japanese Domestic Market section there are parallel listings of international vs. domestic models with there chronologies and correspondences. There were, apparently, 15...
  11. mjs1

AU 9500 Power Caps

Hi all. My Sansui AU 9500 has developed a loud hum unrelated to grounding, inputs, or volume. The amplifier came to me from an ebay seller of refurbished Sansui gear, had some capacitors replaced, presumably had been set to specifications (DC offset etc.), and had functioned well for about 6...
  12. mjs1

My EchoWars Sansui AU D11II

Hi Folks I thought I would take this opportunity to show off my Sansei AU D11 II which was recently gone over by Glenn (EchoWars) McDonald. It’s rated at 130 WPC RMS. into 8 ohms with a THD less than 0.0028 % and weighs in at about 37.5 lb. It was made in 1983 (serial number 823080088)...
  13. mjs1

Sansui TU 9900 "glass"

Hi folks. Lately it seems that several Sansui TU 9900s have been showing up on ebay with cracked glass. I know that the "glass" in the TU 717 is plastic and that it is not just one flat piece. Would anyone know what the TU 9900 glass is, whether it has any writing on it, and how hard or...
  14. mjs1

Sansui AU-X1

Hi folks: Somehow, I've developed an obsession for the black-faced black-knobbed AU integrateds. I know, for example, that the AU 9900, 11000, 20000 are all great integrated amps and that the BA and CA amps and pre-amps separates are wonderful, but I am, for reasons that I can't understand...
  15. mjs1

CD vs. Vinyl

Hi folks. I had a fairly good LP collection in the 70's but, unfortunately wore out most of my good records over the years. I now have a recapped Sansui AU 919 which is supposed to have a very good phono stage. My turntable is a Yamaha PX-3 with a Grado gold cartridge, and my CD player is a...
  16. mjs1

AU 919 Operating Manual

Hi folks. I haven't had much to add since my audio experiences have been limited and I'm fairly isolated, but I accidently stumbled into used audio while looking for something for my son to take to his college dorm (he got an NAD). I discovered the Sansui vintage audio line through eBay and...
Back
Top Bottom