Search results

1. c.coyle

Advanced solder containing gold for clearer sound

"The alloy of four audio-relevant metals makes our solders particularly versatile"
  2. c.coyle

Advanced solder containing gold for clearer sound

"Advanced solder containing gold for clearer sound The exceptional conductivity of gold ensures absolute minimum signal loss. For clearer sound and vocals, a premium, audio-grade lead-free solder with a small amount of gold connects the circuit of the NW-A100 series to the battery." (italics...
  3. c.coyle

Do speaker fuses affect the sound?

If you think you hear a difference, then you do. Your ears and brain are as much parts of your system as your speakers and amp.
  4. c.coyle

CD Revival

"I’ve always loved CDs, and I never junked my collection, even when the format fell off a cliff in the 2000s. I cherish all noise-making gear, from cassettes to vinyl to streams. But the CD has its unique charms, especially for longer, deeper listening. No format has ever been kinder to music...
  5. c.coyle

The cover better than the original

Robert Earl Keen Joe Ely cover
  6. c.coyle

Pat Martino, dead?

I never really listened to Martino, but this is fascinating. The human brain is amazing.
  7. c.coyle

Your Last Concert (or two)

Los Lobos 9/24/2021 Whitaker Center, Harrisburg, PA No Cesar Rosas, no explanation, but still a great show from a great American band.
  8. c.coyle

No Dust in a Baggie!
  9. c.coyle

Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit / Kathleen Edwards The Met, Philadelphia, Sept. 15, 2021 This seemed like two main acts. I'd never heard of Edwards, a Canadian who took the last 8 years off and ran a coffee shop in Ottawa, until about 6 months ago. She writes clever songs and has a searing voice...
  10. c.coyle

What was the last movie you watched?

Not sure. The theater I saw it in was not surround.
  11. c.coyle

What was the last movie you watched?

Summer of Soul. Documentary about the largely forgotten 1969 Harlem Cultural Festival which celebrated African American music and culture. The music is fabulous, of course. And diverse. I hope they put out the soundtrack. It's also a reminder (at least it was for me) that things may seem...
  12. c.coyle

Things you don't see anymore.

Traffic.
  13. c.coyle

Things you don't see anymore.

Watermelons with seeds
  14. c.coyle

Ellen McIllwaine, June 23,2021

Anybody remember her? She was all over "free form radio" in my area in the late '60s and early '70s. A bluesy, slide guitar, forerunner of Bonnie Raitt. Ellen McIlwaine, fiery slide guitarist and blues singer, dies at 75
  15. c.coyle

Ever turned 100,000 miles over on a Car

I buy cars and run them into the ground. Four of my last five cars (all new) hit 100,000 and then some. The 5th got crunched at about 84K. Cars are so much better today than when I started driving in 1970. Do some regular basic maintenance and 100,000 is a snap.
  16. c.coyle

Has anyone seen this condo collapse?

It's reckless to jump to conclusions, but today's Washington Post has this story.
  17. c.coyle

Found T-Shirts That Fit !

I favor 100% synthetic if I know I'm going to be sweating. And especially if I know I'm going to be sweating in cool weather. They wick moisture off your skin and dry quicker. Nike and Under Armour make good ones, but they're pricy. When I'm chilling, cotton. Just bought this one in honor of...
  18. c.coyle

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

December 26, 2013
  19. c.coyle

Twisted Definitions

Economist: A person who, if you forget your phone number, will estimate it for you.
  20. c.coyle

Reactions ... Covid-19 second, third, fourth (booster) or 5th shots

Sounds like a reason to get vaxxed. But aren't "longhaulers," by definition, not "recovered from COVID"?
  21. c.coyle

Nikko hifi gear. What do you think about it.

Lots of Nikko threads here. Circuit breakers on the speaker outputs are a Nikko quirk.
  22. c.coyle

Chicago Tribune's Motormouth - Pulling the plug on AM

What kinds of formats do you listen to?
  23. c.coyle

Water is heavy

Water bed . . . second floor college apartment
Back
Top Bottom