Search results

1. Cantabury Guy

Beware of Skywavebe

I am sorry about having to post this but this will be a service to this community. The entity known as @skywavebe habitually refuses to return gear sent to him with complaints extending to 7 years! In my case it is almost 4 years and I have offered to pay for his “diagnostic” time as well as...
  2. Cantabury Guy

Judy Dyble R.I.P

Judy was an original member of Fairport Convention and along with her boyfriend Ian MacDonald joined Gile,Giles & Fripp to become an early version of King Crimson. I had some communications with her about six years ago as we shared the same birthday Feb. 13th., although I am 2 years older and...
  3. Cantabury Guy

change clocks/Pioneer DT 5000/510

I had the dreaded chore of changing all the clocks in the house and car this morning. Except when it came to changing time on the DT 5000/10 that Rich P had refurbish for me. Now that was a pleasure how all the switches work perfectly and how incredible accurate they are. Thanks again , Rich
  4. Cantabury Guy

Thanks Pustelniakr

I have an affinity for those old silver faced/blue digital Pioneer timers. They develop problems which the solutions were short lived. Leave it to Rich to properly diagnose the real problem and devise a proper fix. He refurbed my two units, both the electronics and cosmetics and they are a...
  5. Cantabury Guy

Shure/Jico SAS changes

I haven't seen mention here about the SAS changes at Jico recently. There was a price drop on the Neo SAS to $167/$200 and a reappearance of the original SAS. Now the Neo SAS are gone from the site and original(Boron) are back?
  6. Cantabury Guy

Phil Miller RIP

Member of Matching Mole/Hatfield and the North/ National Health I play something that he contributed to virtually every day...so today will be no different
  7. Cantabury Guy

Allan Holdsworth R.I.P

Age 70 passes today.
  8. Cantabury Guy

Question about Expert Stylus UK

Thanks in advance for the help. I plan on having Expert Stylus perform a Paratrace retip on a Pickering XSV 3000. They have requested I send the cartridge also , and I can completely understand the reasons why. For but a number of other reasons I would rather not send the cartridge body...
  9. Cantabury Guy

Been playing this record for 48 years....

Is It A Dream -The Vocaleers (Red Robin)1953 Purchased on this day in 1964 , thankfully because my Grandmother gave me the then large sum of $10 for my Birthday. This led me on a 48 year quest to run the label. Just recently got number 37 out of the 40 releases. I don't think the last...
  10. Cantabury Guy

How is The Catman?

I may have missed it but has anyone heard from Felix after the cyclone hit? Anyone do shortwave chat with him?
  11. Cantabury Guy

First new vinyl in 26 yrs....and last

I have been a record collector since 1956 and the last actual new record I bought was Dylan's Biograph in 1985. In the following years I did buy much NOS and even 78RPMs from the early 40's which had never been played. Believe it or not I only had to return two new items in all the years that...
  12. Cantabury Guy

RIP: Bobby Robinson

I don't think many if any folks here have ever heard of Bobby Robinson ( record label owner,producer,writer)who passed on 1/7/11 at age 93 in NYC. He was a most important figure in the development of my musical interest back in the early 1960s. He was a seminal figure in RnB, RnR music in...
  13. Cantabury Guy

Help with a SanDisk clip

At age 64 I have so far resisted using a MP3 device but today purchased a SanDisk clip. I was easily able to load a file on it and a quick listen with the buds was actually quite good. When I loaded the next file it was intermingled with the previous file. I then noticed no matter how I...
  14. Cantabury Guy

Johnnie Maestro: R.I.P

Some of you may be familar with Johnnie Maestro who was the lead singer of the Crests( Sixteen Candles -1958) and with the Brooklyn Bridge(The Worst That Can Happen) has passed at age seventy from cancer. He was performing up until this past January. I will be playing my original label...
  15. Cantabury Guy

Buddy Holly

I remember the day, Feb. 3, 1959,being all of 12 years old and and getting up to go to school and hearing the news on the radio......
  16. Cantabury Guy

Jico Pickering XSV 3000/1st & 2nd impression

The Pickering XSV was given to me and as I was looking for a change of pace for the Shure V15 IV /SAS I haved used exclusively for the past 31 years I decided to get a Jico Shibata for it as I read that it had a more prononced high end than the staid Shure. I had been looking at the Denon...
  17. Cantabury Guy

Jico brush problem

I have had experience with Jico as I have been using an SAS V15 IV for three years and had the chance to A/B with the decent original and it was the equal at least. I was going to get a Jico or Lp Gear sylus for a Stanton 680 (that I use a .7 conical to play 1950s 45 RPM) but decided to...
  18. Cantabury Guy

Tony Clarke(The sixth Moody) RIP

Yet another has left us.Made some nice music way back when....
  19. Cantabury Guy

Tim Hart/Steeleye Span RIP

Mr. Hart passed on 12/24/09.
  20. Cantabury Guy

Wonderwall/Harrison BBC program

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00hv1dt/Bombays_Beatle/
  21. Cantabury Guy

1229/new cap/same problem

I finally got some .01 1000v caps from sent from Canada today to fix an annoying POP when the 1229 shuts off. There was no noise during the auto shut down cycle...just when the motor would shut off. Also when the arm was moved to the on posistion and the motor turned on. There was some...
  22. Cantabury Guy

Godley/Creme/10cc fanatics

Along the lines of the Roy Wood feature , the BBC now has a 10cc. show dealing with production aspects of group. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00k8947.
  23. Cantabury Guy

"Error Checking" utility causes crash?

First off I am not a real knowledgable computer person as I got my first in my late 50's just five years ago. I get by. I run Windows XP and was using their "error checking" utility as I do about once a month and when I came back to the computer the screen was black and moving the mouse didn't...
  24. Cantabury Guy

Any Roy Wood/Move/Elo fanatics

There is a BBC special about the producing skills of Roy Wood. It's a two hour program archived at www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00k9dcy. It's got lots of interviews and some odd tracks. Probably for fanatics only.Its only going to be up for five more days.
  25. Cantabury Guy

John Martyn :RIP

John Martyn has died at age 60.
Back
Top Bottom