Search results

1. 61sprite

Akai GX-635d record head condition

Here are a few close up shots.
  2. 61sprite

120 v to 220v converter wattage

Found a Sony amp for 7 bucks at GW and just couldn't leave it behind. Its 220 European voltage model. It doesn't have a internal switch nor do i see any taps for 120V. Question is what kind of wattage in a step up transformer do i need to drive the thing? Will 100 watts do it? (Im cheap) Here...
  3. 61sprite

Denon 301mkii thoughts.

I have a 16g mass arm and am thinking of purchasing a DL-301 mkii. I know there have been many comparisons between this and the DL-103. Vynil engines chart says it should be fine. Just wanted to make sure 13 compliance is correct or is that at 100hz. ?
  4. 61sprite

Arc protractor

I've been all over TAD's website plus searching the web and i cannot find this thing? Anyone know where i can get this Arc protractor for a Fidelity research 54?
  5. 61sprite

Phono Preamp/Phonostage Question

Just a quick question (i know this has been discussed quite a bit). I have been listening to a Sansui AU-717 for about 3yrs. now that has had the Leestereo treatment ( a big Thank You to that guy for what he does). I have been happy with the phono stage but am thinking of trying a stand alone...
  6. 61sprite

Need help with 5050

Trying to save a 5050, Board F-2648. It wouldn't trip the speaker relay. Noticed it had some glue on a couple caps so i cleaned it up and put some new caps on the board. Still the relay doesn't trip. I do not have any voltages on any of the pins on the relay? Should i be looking at TR604 &...
  7. 61sprite

ESS/Heil Model 5

Are these the original woofers for these? Scored them for $15 bucks at a yard sale. I see the foam and passive kit is fairly pricey, are they worth fixing?
  8. 61sprite

2N5245 replacement

Hello, anyone have a replacement for this? Seems to be a little hard to find other than Chinese knock offs?
  9. 61sprite

AU-5900 popped a cap :(

I decided to take this one off the pile and try to save its life. It all started with a noisy left channel with nasty pops and cracks causing the protection relay to trip then trip back on. Voltage at the left speaker terminal was going crazy. Decided I may as well recap the power supply board...
  10. 61sprite

AU-717 Tone control board F-2720

On this board as per leestereo's restoration thread. He removes film by-pass capacitors for subsonic filter, C31 and C32, this disables the subsonic filter correct? When I flip the switch it kills the sound correct?
  11. 61sprite

AU-717 Trimmmer pot question

On the AU-717 amp boards F2721/22, I believe its VR-02 the 2.2k ohm trim pot. Is it ok to replace it with a 3.3k ohm 1/2 watt? https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bourns/3362X-1-332LF?qs=pxDZlBjcsChKAtdRYvvP8w%3D%3D
  12. 61sprite

More expert help needed AU-717

Working on a AU-717 power supply board. Spotted ZD601 and hmmmmm that doesn't look like a zener to me. :)
  13. 61sprite

AU-717 power supply board

Got this nice unit with the pre amp section dead. Cleaned all the glue off and noticed I'm not the first one in:(. I hate when that happens :idea:. Just noticed that TR-12 looks to have been replaced (ECG 91) I think its backwards? Just thought I would ask the pros, I'm just a rookie that knows...
  14. 61sprite

Rolling Stones box set pressings

Anyone have any issues with the quality of these pressings? MPO, I believe is in France. I decided to check one out. I sure would be pissed if I paid full retail for the entire box set.
  15. 61sprite

Can you see it?

:) 1 1/4 rpm
  16. 61sprite

Old skool light bulb identification

Anyone have any info on these? What they fit / used for? Age? Thanks!
  17. 61sprite

ADC XLN MK IV ?

Other questions got me digging this out. Decided to start a new tread instead of hijacking :whip:I've had this in my box for years and never tried it on any table. My interest has been peaked/piqued:), I remember not finding much about it and just put it on the pile. It measures 820 & 830 and...
  18. 61sprite

Shure Stylus ID

Got this NOS, says made in Japan on the back. Anyone know the manufacturer of these? Jico? It has the tie wire.
  19. 61sprite

Pioneer CT-F750 pinch roller replacement

I have a nice CT-F750 thats driving me even more nutty than i already am! All shined up new belts treated pinch rollers with Rubber Renu. Some tapes sound fine, some redbook tapes drag like crazy. I can take a small screwdriver and put light upward pressure on the pinch roller and the tape will...
  20. 61sprite

2235b bridge rectifier

Could someone please give me a replacement for this. Its from my 2235b. Will a KBP307 work? 700V 3A Is there a better choice? Thanks in advance!!
  21. 61sprite

Record groove?

Will a record with groove wear/damage build up surface static while being played faster than a record in better condition?
  22. 61sprite

A shout out to Herbie's Audio Lab

Way Excellent II Turntable Mat, Great product! Thank You! I was pulling my hair out dealing with surface static build up, then discharging thru my right speaker in the form of a loud pop. JVC TT-71 stock rubber mat, Even though it doesn't claim to be an anti static mat a lot of the searches I...
  23. 61sprite

LaScala tweeter upgrade?

I suddenly have the tweeter upgrade urge and need a little direction:) I am looking at Crites CT-120's or ALK- B&C 110 or 120 with Eliptrac horn My LaScala's are 1985's with the K77m tweeters and Bob Crites AA crossovers and bass bin mod. Thanks in advance!
  24. 61sprite

Garrard Type A headshell adapter

Could someone please tell me how to remove this Pickering adapter from this headshell?:dunno:
  25. 61sprite

Sweet, Sweet, Hockey puck feet!

Got ahold of a 9090 that had a bit of a rough life. 2 of the plastic feet were broken, after looking on epay I wasn't about to pay $25 bucks for one so this is what I came up with for around 10 dollars. HOCKEY PUCKS :banana:
Back
Top Bottom