Search results

1. C

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

saw the post now i dont know Chris Rae from Sugar Ray (Lenoard) but songs with the word "Fool" in them there are a million of them. If you aint been a fool in your life you are a fool for not seeing what a fool a man can be.....esp when it comes to "A Woman" the most used word in naming a...
  2. C

that is a great LP ...... he wrote what 500 blues songs the man dont get the respect he is due to him noticed yes but man that bass, that time he spent recording with and producing and writing yea buddy nice recording Great Bluesman...
  3. C

picked this fine copy on ATCO label at the show last week, man did they know how to cook and this was before the live recordings came out......good stuff dont miss it....
  4. C

Is this place great or what just when you think you have some of the finest recordings on record someone shows up with a recording you dont have......... Or worst a audio set up that makes you want to holler...... but for the music tonight hope you all can appreciate this one recording...
  5. C

does that dude slide right or what ?
  6. C

So this one also on Arhoolie is just about enough to make you want to stop and listen to it side for side about six times to make sure you are not wrong about the work on this recording..... i could go thru all the artists helping Little John out but this thing burns with some of the hottest...
  7. C

this is a fine recording on Arhoolie of course i have several of his pcs but this one has never shown up at a show before esp in this condition which if fine very fine. Has the Ford Brothers playing on here and Musslewhite is in fine form believe it was recorded in the early 70's but man i will...
  8. C

Man i do not know what you are up to on that checkered towel but looks like fun n you know what you are doing....... I got some equipment i would like to introduce you to one day......
  9. C

This is one way to mellow down easy without having to blow your top................another fine recording from a very fine record show today............
  10. C

Made it to another record show today been a few months got about 20pcs of vinyl while there could have bought about 150 pcs but they all cost a few bucks and it adds up with each pc fun stuff..........always is...........So i saw Johnny and his Brother and the White Trash band many times in the...
  11. C

She is a hottie hot head and there is nothing wrong with that....... i would have let her bust up a few of my old records anyday just to see the look on her face. actually LP molestation has been going on for years WOMAN have taken possestion of mens records and done terrilble things to them...
  12. C

Yea started with Maria and her husband years ago........early stuff Trails trouble and tribulations it will haunt you and get inside your skull sometimes it does to me.......Great recording got a Promo copy at a record show nice stuff. ..... Then a VJ 1062 LP early Beatles it just blended in so...
  13. C

Mmmmm..... the country blues of John Lee Hooker man oh man sometimes it just hits the spot the LP was actually a double LP called " black snake" it is reissue of two lps from Hooker this one i just listened to was from 1959 accoustic Johnny Lee by himself just gone gone great, if that dont...
  14. C

i bet that table could levitate if you told it to.............little Reel to Reel in the corner nice phono pre is made by who ?
  15. C

just keeping the mood jumpin for a little while longer.............these were fabulous too
  16. C

So started with some Roy Orbison the Sun record nice very nice...........then into Nighthawks Rock and Roll what a recording for both groups what a bleed into listening session....
  17. C

Two recording that hit me hard while listening First was John Lee and his early recordings which to me are still his finest -- he did not have to perfect anything by the time his music was recorded back in 1948...........the sound of the blues pure and simple with a whole lotta gut into it...
  18. C

Something about seeing someone else's equipment that makes me want to go out and find some new stuff of my own...............
  19. C

Fisher 80 Tuner

i cleaned everything up and put a little T ant on it the signal meter works for along with the sensitive knob draws it in and out. The tuning meter does not work at all no movement but i do not have it hooked up to my stereo yet so there is a long way to go yet.
  20. C

Fisher 80 Tuner

O K i have started to do the most basic of cleaning taking out the tubes one at a time so as not to get them mixed up. On the 80 R all or most of the tubes are fisher new your branded. Taking some brushes and dusting them all off the plate the base where the tubes are marked is a very dirty...
  21. C

Fisher 80 Tuner

Thanks all for the replies, it is something i need and want to start doing with all these tuners i have. FM played a big part in my life with music, it still does in both a musical history and in current listening. More important or just as important today is the fact of my lack of knowledge...
  22. C

Fisher 80 Tuner

Fisher 80 Tuner first question has anyone owned this tuner and your thought figure it is a mono tuner correct ? Second thinking of cleaning one up and just some basic stuff to check it out hear how it sounds simple stuff. Any thing to know in advance for cleaning tips ? I know that Fisher...
  23. C

i have a lot of his very early works have to keep an eye out of that recording at the next record shows. Ottis Rush Magic Sam and Jimmy Dawkins they all crossed each others paths on the West side and in the studio and it shows in there work. They had a certain gut level .......almost...
  24. C

what years did they make these recordings ?
  25. C

Yes indeed he had a lot of them hits....... check out the back of the LP the cut out poster it just cracks me up-- probably should not say "crack" and JB together but.... Cut on the dotted line for a 8 by 10 --> those older lp covers were interesting esp with Blues and R n B.
Back
Top Bottom