Search results

1. artdecoradio

Question about Bass and Treble controls on Model 2000

I recently inherited a small collection of nice vintage audio equipment all from their original owner. One item was a beautiful Sansui Model 2000 with an original C-6 cabinet and all the paperwork. It works great. However, I noticed that the Bass and Treble controls seem to have a problem...
  2. artdecoradio

Question about az80 amp

I have an opportunity to buy an az80 which is missing some parts. One of the missing parts is the red plastic light bulb cover on the front. Does anyone make or sell these covers? Thanks
  3. artdecoradio

Fisher Power Switch Issue (Again!@##$$#$##@)

So, around 2 years ago, I replaced the power switch/vol. control on my fully restored Fisher 500c with the only spare control that I had left. The switch/control seemed to work well when installed. So, I put it up on the shelf and decided that I wasn't going to use it for awhile and, as a...
  4. artdecoradio

KLH 20 Power Cord Question

I picked up today a very nice KLH Model 20 unit complete with the KLH speakers and original box. But, the power cord is missing. There is a 3-prong socket for the cord in the side of the unit. I was just wondering what others have done to replace this cord. Also, I'm assuming that the...
  5. artdecoradio

Question about Fisher 390 Receiver

Someone has offered me a Fisher 390 solid state receiver. I can't seem to find out much information about this unit. What are the main differences between the 390 and the Fisher 250 (T/TX)? They both have the "Tune-O-Matic" push-button "preset" units in them. However, it seems that the 250...
  6. artdecoradio

Unusual Early Pioneer Tube Receiver. Info.?

I was at a very large estate sale last weekend and one of the women running the sale asked if I was looking for anything in particular and I told her "old electronics". She said that they had one "old radio" in a closet but they weren't going to sell it until the next "round" of the sale that...
  7. artdecoradio

Mystery Fisher Transformers (ID?)

This weekend, I bought some electronic parts at an estate sale and there were 2 transformers in a box which both had a piece of tape on them that said "Fisher tube amp". I have no idea what they go to. There is a output transformer with the following numbers on it: "T-677-116C" and "1005004"...
  8. artdecoradio

Mystery tube amp - ID?

A friend of mine just found an interesting-looking tube amp and asked if I would post a picture of it to see if anyone knows who made it. It is quite small (around 8 inches long) and uses 3 tubes (one of which is an EL84). It has no markings, numbers, etc. on it other than those on the front...
  9. artdecoradio

So, what's the deal with 6CA4/EZ81 tubes? Poorly designed??

It seems like at least 60-70% of the 6CA4 rectifier tubes in amps and receivers which use these particular tubes are bad (shorted). I've even found shorts in NIB/NOS 6CA4s. A few months go, I purchased 8 NIB/NOS boxed 6CA4 tubes (Sylvania) at an estate sale and 3 out of the 8 were shorted...
  10. artdecoradio

Monster Tape Recorder and Matching Tube Amp - Worth Saving?

I just purchased at a yard sale this weekend a massive Berlant Concertone tape recorder which weighs a TON (model number unknown) and a Berlant Concertone Recording Amplifier (Model BRX-P), both in matching red cases for $20. They are in good shape (a bit dirty) and here's some pictures...
  11. artdecoradio

How do you clean/shine gold trim on a Pilot tube amp?

I just picked up a very nice Pilot 240 tube amplifier which has gold trim and a gold faceplate. The gold trim which surrounds the faceplate doesn't have much of a shine to it and looks pretty dull. The faceplate is in great shape and the cabinet is perfect. Question: Is there any way to...
  12. artdecoradio

How to pack receivers with those big AM antennas on the back!?

I'd like to know what other people have done to protect those darn big AM (ferrite rod) antennas that are mounted to the back of many vintage receivers (you know - the ones that say "Don't Use this as a Handle".) :) . I have a receiver that I want to ship with one of those antennas on the back...
  13. artdecoradio

A Fisher Hallmark???

OK guys, what's the story on this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fisher-Hallmark-single-ended-6bm8-tube-amplifier/324311567073?hash=item4b8279cae1:g:JWgAAOSwNXZfcS0- Looks like kind of a cool little Canadian amp but I say it's not a Fisher and was not made by Fisher (except for maybe some of the...
  14. artdecoradio

Broken On/Off Control in 800C - Options?

I have a really nice 800C but the On/Off Switch/Volume Pot. is broken (doesn't click, etc.) I was just wondering what my options are. In know that, in the past, there was a guy who sold N.O.S controls, but they are long-gone now. I have a "donor" 800C (junker) with a good switch but I...
  15. artdecoradio

Question Involving Marlin Model MPX262

I was recently given a really cute little tiny vintage receiver made by "Marlin" (Model MPX262). It's made in Japan and is in a wood case and incredibly small (with equally small matching speakers). The output transformers in this thing are each about the size of a grape! Here's my...
  16. artdecoradio

Mutilated Fishers!

A few days ago, I received a call from a friend who told me about an elderly neighbor that evidently had a piece of Fisher tube-type equipment in her basement that she wanted to sell. I went over to check it out and it turned out to be a beautiful Model 400. BUT, her deceased husband had...
  17. artdecoradio

Fisher Plastic Antenna Holder Question

I have a few Fisher tube receivers which use the typical rod-type antenna in the back for AM reception. On two of these receivers, the clear yellow plastic antenna holders are broken (they are made of a really brittle plastic which weakens with age). I've seen that quite often on Fisher...
  18. artdecoradio

Brass Fisher Knob Caps - Source?

I just found at an estate sale a really nice Fisher KX-200 which is in mint condition but is missing many of the brass knob caps. There used to be a number of people selling these, but I can only find one (on Ebay) and his caps are pretty expensive. Are there any other sources for these...
  19. artdecoradio

Does anyone know anything about the Williamson Electronic Co. that made tube amps?

I just spoke on the phone with a man who has a really long stereo console unit from around 1960 - 1961 which has a silver-faced tube-type receiver in it with the name "Williamson" on the front of it. Does anyone know anything about this company and the equipment that it made? Also, I would...
  20. artdecoradio

My tube amp seems to be running a little too hot - What do you think?

I turned on one of my favorite tube amps tonight and it seemed like it was just running a bit hotter than normal. It smelled a little, too (just slightly fragrant - not overpowering). I also noticed that one of the tubes looked kind of odd. Here's a picture - what do you think? Is something...
  21. artdecoradio

Recently bought 2 unusual "Guild" EL84 mono tube amps - But, what kind of tube sockets are these?

I recently bought at an estate sale a really interesting pair of mono EL84 tube amplifiers made by Guild. They are very interesting and unusual (I've never seen them before) but, when I removed the tubes, I noticed some really bizarre tube "sockets". Check out the picture below. They are hard...
  22. artdecoradio

Odd Pioneer Tube Amplifier - What is it? Info?

A few weeks ago I found this in the basement of an estate sale. It's an HF-10A-M Pioneer Tube Amplifier. I didn't know Pioneer made amps like this. I can't seem to find out any information about it and was wondering if any of you Pioneer collectors know anything about it. Here are some...
  23. artdecoradio

Question involving Marantz push buttons

This weekend, I bought a very nice Marantz 2015 Receiver with the wood case at a yard sale. It is in great condition except for one thing. The silver metal "sleeve" is missing from the Power push button. The black plastic button is still there - all that is missing is the sleeve. I'm...
  24. artdecoradio

Question about Eico HF-85 Preamp

I recently found a nice Eico HF-85 preamp. The only thing missing is the metal mesh top (cage). However, I have a junk Eico HFT-90 tuner with a perfect top! The only problem is that, while the top from the HFT-90 is exactly the same size as the top that I need for the HF-85, the top from the...
  25. artdecoradio

Strange Problem with MPX-100 Multiplex Unit

Yesterday, I picked up a very interesting find - a beautiful home-made cabinet with a mint condition Fisher 600 tube recever, an Ampex reel-to-reel, a nice Garrard turntable and a Fisher MPX-100 Multiplex Unit. Here is the problem: Both of the controls on the front of the multiplex unit are...
Back
Top Bottom