Search results

1. G

Turntable with switchable head shell recommendation

Do you use two separate turntables or do you have a switchable headshell? Sorry if you answered this already somewhere.
  2. G

Excellent. So to some ears and with the right cartridge, it may truly be worth it. The price on that AT33 isn't bad. That's less than to Ortofon. I really don't like the way my modern mono records like the Beatles box sound only playing back on the 2M Blue, no switch. Very bright. If you're...
  3. G

Thanks for sharing this.
  4. G

Sorry, I'm only partially following. So the 2M Mono is SAFE to use on modern mono records, but you think it's a waste of money? I'm just confused by your earlier comment, but I think you're saying the 2M Mono is not even a true mono cartridge.
  5. G

No, this one. https://ortofon.com/products/2m-mono
  6. G

One of your two turntables has a mono cartridge? If yes, what kind? Do you think it's a major improvement from a mono switch?
  7. G

How about the Ortofon White? Is it safe to play modern mono (like the Beatles box) with it? This kind of changes things. If I get away from the mono cartridge idea maybe I'll just invest in a really nice turntable (below $2500 anyway) with a quality stereo cart (or upgrade from Orto Blue). I'm...
  8. G

Currently, I'm operating on a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit with Ortofon 2M Blue cart. through either an Arcam SA20 or Sansui 881 amplifier. For one, I'm sick of the motor hum/vibration issues that come with the Pro-Ject. I seem to have picked up a new issue where the motor decides to rattle or...
  9. G

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB buzz noise

Do you guys have a shielded cable recommendation? I put the turntable and amp back in their old spot, new cables connected, and as long as the cables are in the perfect position the buzz is not present at normal listening levels. I sit back and listen, but can tell the buzz creeps back little...
  10. G

I don't understand the comment. Do you mean you'd be looking to replace the cables? See my reply above.
  11. G

Do you mean the ground pin on the back of the Arcam? It has only one. Link: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_410SA20/Arcam-SA20.html?awcr=76965882688169&awdv=c&awkw=Arcam+SA20&awmt=e&awnw=o&awat=&awug=105311&msclkid=9d78ea3570b8121c1b2bb4775ae5bf2b The cables are brand new. I can't believe how...
  12. G

Most of the Pro-Ject discussions revolve around the motor hum issue. This is not the hum issue because the buzz happens when the table is turned off and the amp is on in phono stage. The buzz will begin as soon as I connect the leads and ground wire. Turntable does not have to be turned on to...
  13. G

I have the on-going issue of my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB creating the 120 Hz buzz noise at relatively moderate listening volumes. The amp I use is an Arcam SA20. The odd part is sometimes the buzz is tolerable compared to other times where it is quite annoying. That is why I've held on...
  14. G

ADS L1290 in an 11'x25' room

For starters, I've owned a pair of satisfying ADS L620 speakers for a few years. Having recently moved into a home from an apartment I've expanded my listening room. The room is in a carpeted basement with drywall ceiling and measures a few inches over 11 ft x 25 ft. I know that a room with...
  15. G

Sansui Frequently asked, and more...

I did not think this warranted creating a new thread, so I'll ask here instead: I'm a Sansui 881 owner. The switches and knobs needed to be given Deoxit to get rid of scratching and distorted left channel. That problem is fixed. Then I needed to use Deoxit on the phono input for similar...
  16. G

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB & receiver/speaker combos

Ok, so this means I would also need to invest in a phono preamp, correct? I can't just connect into a headphone amp and call it a day...
  17. G

That one is reasonably priced too.
  18. G

I have Grado SR80e's.
  19. G

Deoxit worked like a charm, thanks! Here's a separate question: will I get better audio quality with a dedicated headphone amp as opposed to the headphone jack on the Sansui?
  20. G

Slightly variant responses, that's kind of what I expected. Good feedback on the Sansui. The only thing that bugs me about it is that the cables need to be attached to the phono input just right or I get all sorts of distortion and misconnection issues, such as if I "twist/turn" them around...
  21. G

A few weeks ago I bought a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB turntable with the Ortofon red cartridge and I am very satisfied. I have it hooked up to my Sansui 881 stereo receiver and ADS L620 speakers. I was wondering what receiver/speaker combinations other Pro-Ject turntable owners are using...
  22. G

Sansui 8 weak right channel

Sansui 881 owner here with a weak left channel. It got much better once I pressed all the switches in and out a bunch of times. I think I still want to give it a Deoxit cleaning. My question: is there much of a difference between Deoxit D5 and one of the better/more expensive Deoxit subtypes...
  23. G

Sansui 881 hum - solved thanks to audiokarma!

I did a google search of this issue as it's also happening with my Sansui 881. I did try tightening that ground screw on the power supply (as pictured by 1897), not doing the trick- maybe I have a different issue. I'll try to explain: I first began to notice that when I powered it on there...
  24. G

What's your underappreciated track of the day?

I think that's my favorite Pink Floyd album simply for the opener "One of These Days", "Fearless", and the side-long "Echoes"...
  25. G

Pioneer SX-780 Receiver. Any good?

I asked if he'd be willing to sell at $160...he's pretty firm about $200. He said he had it listed at $275 then lowered it a couple times. He also said he wanted to sell it for a lot cheaper until he saw how much they were going for online. I think the part he's missing is that those...
Back
Top Bottom