Search results

1. JustinCase

Young people, none of them are into hifi.

I collect and sell hifi gear and have done so for the past 20 years. Hundreds of items. The number of people younger than me that I've met in in-person pick ups.... I can count on one hand.... less than 5. Buyers that are older than me.... I've lost count. So yeah.... I don't know 100%...
  2. JustinCase

Young people, none of them are into hifi.

I think it's got a lot to do with lifestyle. The attentions span nowadays is 5-8 seconds for lots of people. They won't just sit down, relax and focus on just enjoying music. They will have a phone going, a tab maybe or a laptop. Point is they aren't investing any time in actually enjoying...
  3. JustinCase

JBL find

Thats an awesome find. Wow.
  4. JustinCase

White cones; what paint does Kenrick use?

Haven't tried this but you reminded me of the Zinsser paint recommended in this thread; https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/jbl-l112-woofer-paint.312857/
  5. JustinCase

Efficient Speakers with high WAF

XPL-200(a) 's look great and sound incredible. Wether A version or not they're fairly undervalued IMO. I understand that they might be rarely up for sale but they do pop up every now and then.
  6. JustinCase

What was the last movie you watched?

The Guest. Well done movie... not going to spoil it.
  7. JustinCase

Anyone running powered monitors instead of an amp?

Philips MFB544 sounded incredible; especially for its size. MFB587 even better. Motional Feedback speakers. The rarest birds are the ones that get caged so good luck finding a pair! More common in Europe. A friend has a pair and I enjoy them every time I visit. They really are special.
  8. JustinCase

JBL L110, JBL L100 or Klipsch KG4

L110's hands down. Far better woofer which makes a hell of a difference. If you can afford to buy the L100's only to sell them in 5 years I'd say it's worth it. Kind of like alternative investing.
  9. JustinCase

JBL 4315 vs. Yamaha NS-2000

IMO I wouldn't spend $3000 on either. Way too high. Just my 2 cents. There's better speakers out there for less $$$.
  10. JustinCase

Help needed with Amazon HD / Atmos and Streaming.

I'm a Prime member as well and it would be great to drop the cost of Tidal if Amazon could compete with it quality wise... but I really don't think that's coming anytime soon. Maybe never. Tidal is best for digital IMO.
  11. JustinCase

Electro Voice Sentry VI .....some kind of tempting

No disrespect but IMO there’s no way that the D’s would ever leave you wanting more in the bass department. For the original woofer and stamping on rear of it pls see my thread here: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ev-interface-ds-refoam.733887/ I foolishly sold mine after...
  12. JustinCase

Nice find EV

Very nice find. Good to see that there’s still good stuff “out there”!
  13. JustinCase

Help identify JBL Speakers

Congratulations! What a fantastic find. :beerchug:
  14. JustinCase

Count To 2018 BEFORE 2018

15. JustinCase

JBL L112 Resto

Wow. Fantastic job drfous! I love my pair. It's true .... they're very hard to tire of. I see the 044 prices creeping up all the time so.... get em while they're still somewhat reasonable. Your cones look great as well. A previous owner spilled some wine drops on mine so.... be careful...
  16. JustinCase

Technics SB-7000a refoam ?

I have a pair of sb-6000a's that I've been waiting to do for this very reason. There is very little / zero foam surrounds out there that fit well. I've been advised to take a surround that is as close as possible and splice it (actually cut across the foam) to reduce the size to fit perfectly...
  17. JustinCase

100-130 wpc receivers, Akai-Yamaha

Akai AM-2950 120W
  18. JustinCase

Electro-Voice FR12-2

Congrats on the find! I haven't heard them but from what I've noticed- many people underestimate the older EV gear.
  19. JustinCase

Opinions needed- Toshiba

Thanks guys. I think I'll let them sit for awhile and see if I can get them any cheaper.
  20. JustinCase

Opinions needed- Toshiba

Well I need another pair like a hole in my head but saw these at the thrift shop. Model is SS-470ds. Any advice appreciated ; $75 Cdn- thanks all!
  21. JustinCase

Speaker selector switches

Well I found one of the Radio Shack switches at a Goodwill store for $2. I took it home and tore it open... I doubt it could handle much more than 50 W. So I decided to buy a second hand QEF switch which is much higher quality and heavy duty and can handle 150W without me worrying at all.
  22. JustinCase

NEED QUICK OPINION ON DYNACO A25's

I've owned a few pairs, still have some to sell in fact. They're ok - definitely not audio nirvana - not even close. They do well with jazz or anything driven with tubes. Only buy them if you want to really really appreciate the speakers that you will own in future years.
  23. JustinCase

i looked for an EQ discussion!!!!!!!!

I also recommend a parametric equalizer. Much more effective than other options. I've used SAE models and sometimes you can pick them up cheap.
  24. JustinCase

JBL 4411 Adventure

Nice cones there and good job on the repair! As for the L-pad I think you could simply use a super glue type of solution. It's amazing the hold some of these products have these days. Of course make sure it sets well.
  25. JustinCase

Anyone familiar with these higher ish end JVCs?

Wow. Nice find! From what I've seen and heard first hand the upper line JVC was very good. They certainly float under the radar most times. I remember a pair of sk-1000's that always surprised everyone who listened to them. I can only imagine how good those sound.... Well done sir.
Back
Top Bottom