Search results

1. D

What TT's do you folks have

Franken-table, Rek-o-kut K33H (circa 1955), replacement ceramic bearing, leather mat, Dynavector DV-505 arm with FMS interconnect, Grado Black. Base built from a salvaged 1920s RCA console radio. The table feeds Counterpoint SA 5.1, into an Adcom 535 II and a Janis Interface sub amp, simple...
  2. D

New/Old base for Rek-o-Kut K-33H

One of the neighbors was clearing out a 1920s RCA console radio in rough shape, painted and left to rot in a damp basement. I striped it and disassembled the cabinet which turned out to be very dense walnut veneer over hardwood and some solid walnut panels. My K-33H had been in a layered block...
  3. D

45rpm on a Rek-o-kut K-33

I have a re-plinthed Rek-o-kut K-33h which I am very happy with (Hard Maple and mdf base, Dynavector DV-505 arm, AQ MC cartridge). I have a few audiophile albums recorded at 45rpm. Before I dispose of them, is there any way to get to 45 rpm on this rig without spending a fortune or replacing...
  4. D

Headband replacement for Sony MDR - CD999

after years of using these in live venues, etc. The bands are broken (where the yoke joins) Can anyone confirm that the newer Sony bands (i.e for 7506,V6, etc), or more importantly, the earcup yokes will fit? Better yet, anyone want to part with a trashed pair of Sony phones I can use for...
  5. D

Johnny Fever's turntables. What are they?

Not Gates, I think Big Bill is right ROKs THey are not Gates tables (they had a fatter, rounded edge top-plate), either Rek-o-kut or RCA, definetly Rek-o-Kut Micropoise arms. 16" platters allowed stations to play transcription discs, I was working in small to mid market radio in the WKRP days...
  6. D

What TT's do you folks have

Rek-o-kut K33H/Dynavector DV-505 custom Table is based on a Rek-o-Kut K-33H belt-drive in 60 lb butcher block & MDF base with isolated (by sorbothane) armboard, All rubber replaced with Esoteric Sound bushings and belt, bearing is ceramic. Dynavector DV-505 Arm, AQ-16 (Orsonic) Headshell AQ 404...
  7. D

AR XA and Rek-O-Kut N-34H

Great TT Score - try some DIY mats I have been experimenting with mats on my Rek-o-Kut (K-33H) MY fave at this stage is a donut made from Home Depot 'Shower liner" (Heavy rubber), might be a bit much for the AR, try felt furniture glide dots (really!) As you can see (if the attachment...
  8. D

Post a picture of your turntable

Rek-O-Kut K33H in butcher block plinth Dynavector DV-505, Audioquest AQ-404mh, FMS 'Blue' cable, motor mounts and belt from Esoteric and a tt rim ring Seperate motor box has a power switch salvaged from a DeForest Labs medical device, circa 1930.
  9. D

Pioneer HPM Speakers

Nice, I have a pair of HPM tweeters in transit and will need to rebuild a crossovere, anyone know the specs for the STV-013 transformer in the crossover?
  10. D

Pioneer HPM-150

HPM supertweeter transformer specs Does anyone know the specs for the transformer on the HPM supertweeter (Pioneer part #is STV-013)
  11. D

Proton tuners...

Clarification on NAD/Proton relationship Foulet industries, a Taiwanese Mfr. was the parent of Proton and was the manufacturer of the first generation NAD components. Proton began as a high-end television line but when NAD went into TV, the relationship soured and NAD went to other...
Back
Top Bottom