Search results

1. hellhound94

Which 4312 to purchase??? G,C,M,A...........

Wondering if the OP found his 4312’s??
  2. hellhound94

if you could go take back one piece of sound equipment you got rid of

Even though it was a long time ago, I still miss my Marantz 1060 integrated amp and my Dual 1229Q turntable.
  3. hellhound94

What have you owned the longest?

I have a Dual CS-5000 purchased new in 1985.
  4. hellhound94

What's the longest you've owned a piece of gear?

I still have a Dual CS-5000 I purchased new in 1985. It still works flawlessly.
  5. hellhound94

Worst regrets selling a piece of equipment!

I’m showing my age here but two things I sold years ago still bother me: A Marantz 1060 in the factory wooden case and a Dual 1229Q.
  6. hellhound94

Play Something You Haven't Played In Years Playlist

Put on Surf’s Up by The Beach Boys earlier today. I’d forgotten how good it was!
  7. hellhound94

Songbird: The Incredible Voice of Eva Cassidy

Believe it or not, although I have an extensive vinyl collection going back many years, I did not have a single album by Eva Cassidy! So I decided to give her a try and recently ordered three of her vinyl LPs. I started out with “Acoustic” earlier today and all I can say is what a great way to...
  8. hellhound94

Best solid state amp or receiver you have listened to?

I have loved and lost so many and I couldn’t really say which was or is the best but I am sure of one thing: I have received the most pleasure from my beloved Marantz 2250B!
  9. hellhound94

Yamaha AVR turns on by itself

I have a Marantz SACD player that I would find on occasionally, usually early in the morning, even when I started paying close attention to make sure I was turning it off when done using it. I did TWO things: I turned it off by using the switch on the unit instead of using the remote and...
  10. hellhound94

Heresy! Suggestions for a new receiver

My first choice would be a Marantz. My second choice would be a Yamaha. I would have no need to go any further.
  11. hellhound94

Popular band(s) you can't handle.

The groups on my “Can’t Stand” list are Styx, Genesis, and U2.
  12. hellhound94

Tunes played in your car that may cause speeding

Two of alcoholics’ favorites listed above: Highway Star by Deep Purple and Radar Love by Golden Earring.
  13. hellhound94

Do you have a music crush?

Lucinda Williams
  14. hellhound94

Today's MONO playlist

Blonde on Blonde by Bob Dylan
  15. hellhound94

The Recorded LIVE Playlist

Still Alive and Well by Savoy Brown
  16. hellhound94

Today's Blues Playlist

Hard Again by Muddy Waters
  17. hellhound94

What song is IMPOSSIBLE not to play loud?

Anything by AC/DC
  18. hellhound94

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Still Alive and Well by Savoy Brown
  19. hellhound94

I forgot...

As Mr. Dylan once said: “don’t go mistaking Paradise for that home across the road.”
  20. hellhound94

Help with speaker wire gauge..

I’ve been using 12 gauge speaker cable for years and years for short length and long lengths and never had a problem.
  21. hellhound94

Best Vintage Reciever

My Marantz 2250B has always been my all-time favorite.
  22. hellhound94

Best way to protect an amplifier during shipping?

One more suggestion: do not negate the importance of communication between the buyer and shipper. Some years ago, I found what I felt to be a perfect pair of JBL 4312 speakers on eBay. Unfortunately, the seller was in California and I was in Ohio. I had had many bad experiences in the past...
  23. hellhound94

Upgrade to Marantz 2285B from 2250?

My opinion: I personally would not spend a net $450 to upgrade to the 2285B that you want. I gotta agree with the other guys who have suggested you buy a power amp instead and use the 2250 as a preamp/tuner. I have a 2250 and my tuner works fine, even in the boondocks where I live. The 2250 and...
  24. hellhound94

Upgrade to Marantz 2285B from 2250?

Per the owner’s manual for your speakers, the manufacturer’s recommended amplifier power is 30W to 100W RMS into 8 ohms. These speakers seem to be very highly rated. In my opinion, you shouldn’t have any problems. But please heed JoeESP9’s advice above!
  25. hellhound94

Pangea Racks?

These Pangea racks certainly get the job done but I would definitely get the caster kit that is available. It’s tough to move with just the spikes and there is a possibility of tipping the whole thing over without the casters.
Back
Top Bottom