Search results

1. hellhound94

"NEW" Marantz in the House!

My brand-new totally rebuilt Marantz 2240B is in the house! I picked it up yesterday from Play It Again Sam's in Lakewood, Ohio, where head tech Jason and his crew did all the work. Jason has been caring for my collection of Marantz receivers for more than 10 years now and has always done a...
  2. hellhound94

New Vinyl Shrink Wrap???

Back when I was a young pup, and bought a lot of new vinyl, the conventional wisdom was this: NEVER store your LPs with the shrink wrap on as it would possibly cause warpage. Rule No. 2 was always store your LPs in a vertical position rather than stacked. So, when I got my new LPs home, the...
  3. hellhound94

Creedence Clearwater Revival Is In the House Again

It's not very often that I get real exuberant about anything but just yesterday I received three new vinyl albums from Acoustic Sounds, all by Creedence Clearwater Revival: Green River, Willy and the Poor Boys, and Cosmo's Factory. I'm playing them on a Dual CS-5000 (Shure V15 Type IV)...
  4. hellhound94

Nice to See Lots of Klipsch Owners

I've owned a set of Klipsch Chorus speakers since I bought them new around 1987 or so. And I've noticed over the years that Klipsch products, especially the vintage variety, seem to take a pretty bad rap by the audio press. Reviewers just don't seem to like them all that well, and it seems to me...
  5. hellhound94

Tube Newbie Needs Advice

I am becoming more and more interested in taking the leap to the world of tube audio and one of the pieces of equipment I am researching is the Cayin A-50T integrated amp. This amp is supposed to mimic the Marantz 8B amp and I have a few questions about it. 1. Does anyone have any experience...
  6. hellhound94

Klipsch Chorus: Gutless?

Is it just me or is the Klipsch Chorus about as gutless a speaker as there is? By gutless, I of course mean "NO BASS!" I've had mine (purchased new by me) since the late '80s and they just don't get it for me anymore and will soon be put up for sale. Just wondering if anyone else has suffered...
  7. hellhound94

Beatles White Album-Which One?

I've suddenly become re-interested in the Beatles White Album. My original vinyl, from 1968, is pretty well shot so I decided to get something newer. I discovered that brand-new copies of all of the Beatles British albums are available and so I picked up a couple of them just to have. (Note: try...
  8. hellhound94

Help! Need Marantz 2250B Metal Cover

I have a Marantz 2250B that works great but I do not have the metal top cover for it. I had thought that most of the 22XX series of Marantz receivers used the same cover....WRONG! I purchased a 2245 cover on eBay and it does not fit. The width and height are ok but the depth is too short. Any...
  9. hellhound94

Need Headphone Recommendations

I've been an audio enthusiast all of my life but have very little experience with headphones. For various reasons, however, I'm now in the market for a good set. I own about a dozen Marantz receivers and for the most part would be using the headphones with a 2245 or 2270. I would prefer not to...
  10. hellhound94

Marantz 2270 Left Channel Problem

I acquired a Marantz 2270 receiver a few months ago and up until now, I have not had to do anything with it and it has worked fine. But the other day I noticed that, after it had been on for about a half-hour or so, on FM, that the left channel got static-y and lost most of its volume. I jiggled...
  11. hellhound94

Looking for a Mini-System With TT

A co-worker of mine has a daughter at Ohio State who is a vinyl lover. She'd like to buy her some sort of a system with a turntable as a Christmas gift. I'm not sure if there's anything out there in the way of a mini-system that would fit the bill but if so, please let me hear about it. A...
  12. hellhound94

Latest Acquisition: Marantz 2245

I have been a Marantz receiver fan since my first one (2240B) back in the '70s. Over the past few years I've been able to acquire the following (in no particular order): 2215B, 2230, 2230B, 2235B, 2238, 2240B (2), 2250, 2250B (2), and a 2270. Almost all of these are hooked up to speakers and are...
Back
Top Bottom