Search results

1. V

Sony PS-LX3 issues

Sure! Feel free to pm me. I think you’ll be happy with this table once it’s running correctly. The antiskate adjustment won’t provide any significant “feel” when turned. It’s simply connected to a spring that puts an opposing force on the tone arm. For troubleshooting and setting the...
  2. V

Sony PS-LX3 issues

Wow, I’ve only seen that model in black in photos from Japan. I have 4 of the more common silver ones. Don’t part it out for an rcm, I’ll trade you for one of mine first! When you say the tonearm won’t drop, is it in cycle when you’ve tried? This table stays in the cued up mode at rest until...
  3. V

Kenwood kd-77f issue

ok, I figured it out. The muting circuit deactivates after a specific voltage is reached based on the arm tracking position. Once that was calibrated to spec, it operates as it should.
  4. V

Kenwood kd-77f issue

I have just acquired a kenwood linear tracking turntable (kd-77f). It's exhibiting a strange issue where the sound does not come on until 20-30 seconds after the tonearm sets down on the record. Even more strange is that it only does this if you do manual song selection or use manual cuing. If...
  5. V

Revox B791 - muting sircuit question

Hi folks, I am hoping someone could assist me with an issue I am having with my Revox B791 turntable. I am convinced that the muting circuit is not working because I hear the "thud" as soon as the needle hits the record when starting (thud also heard at the end of a record). I've done...
  6. V

X10r tape skew - finally resolved!

I've been beating myself up for the last several months trying to resolve a tape skew issue with my Teac x10R that would also affect recording. It would play and record fine forwards, but the left channel would record weak in reverse (unless you put pressure on the right pinch roller, then the...
  7. V

Revox B791 turntable - setting stylus force

Removing the rail that lifts cart up did the trick. Once that was out of the way, the cart drooped allowing me to set the tracking force. This turntable does take patience but it's worth it in the end :). Thanks again everyone for the feedback.
  8. V

Revox B791 turntable - setting stylus force

Hi Everyone, I am installing a new cartridge on my Revox B791 turntable using the instructions provided by Dale. I need to set the tracking force but I do not know how to keep the arm in the down position so I can measure the the tracking force. When you turn off the power to the turntable...
  9. V

Rediscovery of Cassettes

I have a JVC td-v621 that was unlike any other cassette deck I ever owned. It had 3 inputs, 3 heads, the countdown timer and a db readout that told you what you peak was. First deck I ever had where you could toggle the hx-pro on and off too. Unfortunately something broke and it will play and...
  10. V

TDK Audua reel tape

Hi folks, I am trying to determine if what I am experiencing is common for TDK Audua tape. I have obtained this brand tape from 3 different people in both 7" and 10.5" sizes and upon loading them, the leader lets go of the tape. Not a big deal as I just have to reattach it but is this...
  11. V

Rediscovery of Cassettes

Yup, same here. I did it with cds too since I couldn't afford an in dash cd player but always had money for blank tape (the employee discount at K-Mart helped too!)
  12. V

Rediscovery of Cassettes

I still have fun with cassettes and still use them at work for listening to tunes. It finally got to the point where I have a few decks that I really like so I haven't looked at anymore. Blank cassettes are still available as well so you shouldn't have too hard of a time finding media to...
  13. V

SL-1200 bug in me wants one

If it does include everything then make sure you also get the rubber platter mat it should have come with. Most of the time, the rubber mat gets misplaced when the slipmat is used. EDIT - Sorry I didn't realize you had it already. Welcome to the club :) I wish I had room to set mine up.
  14. V

spin clean? Does it work?

I've used one for several years now with positive results :thmbsp:
  15. V

Pair of TEACs in the house.

serious coincidence... I saw your post and did a doubletake...Coincidentally I just acquired a Teac X10r and an a3340s (with a burnt out bulb as well). What's even more funny is that I cant get to completing the a3340s until I'm done with MY house renovation, lol. I've enjoyed both machines...
  16. V

cool stuff heard on tape

Gonna make it happen :) I will post up a link to the file once I pull it off of the tape :)
  17. V

cool stuff heard on tape

I was going through a box of 10.5 in reels I had acquired a couple of weeks ago looking for one that I could record on and was surprised by one that I almost recorded over. I threaded the reel and hit play. Most of the reel was stuff that I already had so I was ready to use it for something...
  18. V

teac x1000r - wont reverse automatically

poof Thanks everyone for the help. I now have more issues with this machine. After dinner i went to power on the machine and sizzle sizzle poof...smoke came out of the top vents and that was it.:thumbsdn: My a3300sr is now back in service.
  19. V

looks like ill be goin in. shorting the roller and the sensing pin also does not trip reverse.
  20. V

Hi everyone, i just discovered an issue with my recently acquired teac x1000r. I hope someone can help. The deck ignores the reversing foil at the end of the tape regardless of the reverse setting. It doesn't even appear to try to reverse. The deck reverses as it should if done manually...
  21. V

New member of the RtR club (newb alert)

Hi Everyone, I had been avoiding jumping down the RtR rabbit hole but recently ended up acquiring a Teac a3440 along with 3 prerecorded tapes and 5 NOS Maxell UD 35-90 tapes. I wasn't sure if I should go ahead and hook it up or just sell it as I'm already a Vinyl and cassette junkie. Next...
  22. V

Does anyone still use an external NR device?

Outboard NR unit I use a 224x on my main system for tapes and also have a couple of nx-40s for my office system and to patch in to whatever system I want to use dbx with. I also have a couple of SNR-1s for vinyl (if needed). Years ago I was given a box of about 100 cassettes with music...
  23. V

Who here has a love for Realistic LAB turntables?

Just got my first LAB yesterday, a LAB-2200. Great little turntable!
  24. V

Nice Entry Level Direct Drive Sony PS-333

Sony has had some great turntables over the years (many of them overlooked by the masses). I've had a PS-LX3 that was purchased new in 1982 that has seen almost daily use (with a 5 year break in the early 90s). Knock on wood, the only things that has been replaced are carts and styli :)
  25. V

Sony TC-K555

Congrats! That same model was my first step into 3 head cassette decks several years ago. It's a great quality deck. I just wished the bias adjustment on the front panel worked for the other tape types other than only Type I.
Back
Top Bottom