Search results

1. S

A miracle is needed! (bad FM reception)

I am mad out of ideas, and ready to go slap my grandfather for buying this pos house. He couldn't have possibly bought a worse plot in the whole town. There is highway level traffic two meters away from my windows, a steep hill behind the house that one day will burry half of it and NO fm...
  2. S

Analog and HDMI simultaneously

For two days I have tried to troubleshoot this problem without success. Gear: win7 pc with AMD Radeon R7 and a xonar essence st sound card a Yamaha as-1000 amp linked to the soundcard through analog a 7.1 yamaha receiver linked to the pc through the graphics card HDMI a 4k Samsung tv linked to...
  3. S

harman kardon pm645 vxi. Help a noob

Hello people of the forum. As the title says it, I am pretty green at fixing amps and use rather primitive fixing methods so please bare with me. I got this amp for free. As soon as turned on it blows the 2A fuse. Upon some measuring and probing two out the outputs seem have turned completely...
  4. S

Smoking taken up a notch. (Mr. Pig look away)

I've been reading some smoking threads recently and I wanted to share the art of conserving meat for up to three years or more if simple rules are followed. It involves salting the meat for up to fourteen days in a big vat. The fresh pork in this case is put in a supra saturated sollution of...
  5. S

NAS+DAC+tablet pc? Help in planning my future system please.

Let me start from... the start. I am going through rebuilding/changing purpose of various parts of my house. After I finish with that, I want to build an integrated sound system for the living room and bedroom. What does that mean? Well, in the living room I plan to keep all my gear and music...
  6. S

Is a Technics SA 5370K worth it?

I have the opportunity to get this thing for about 55$ and usually gear like this costs double or more on the auction sites in my country(even lo-fi gear is terribly overpriced). It looks good, no scratches, no dents. The add says that some stations do not come in in stereo all the time. It...
  7. S

How do you say it right?

An English teacher made fun of me for saying: "She was watching her friends ride their bikes" instead of "She was watching her friends riding their bikes". Am I the idiot? Is he the idiot? That is the question. Please respond because I will not be able to sleep tonight because of this.
  8. S

Replacing the belt in a Pioneer CT 737 mark II

As my signature shows it, I recently purchased the machine in the title. It looks great with almost no signs of wear (the plastic buttons are the first that will show wear as they become shiny relatively fast). So I plugged it in and it worked great. Nice clear sound, precise controls and a...
  9. S

1988, when CD players were built with no cost cutting, a KENWOOD DP-990SG thread

I have this cdp for some years and each time I put a CD in, I am amazed of how easily it reads it, whether it is original or written in a CD burner. In fact I never found an audio CD that this monster wouldn't read. Today I opened it up to check a dead LED light. I didn't change it since I can...
  10. S

Any details about SANYO FMT-611lu?

I found this nice looking silver faced tuner for sale for about 30$. I like the looks of it but I can not find any specs. Google does not want to be my friend:(. So can anyone tell me a thing or two about it? Is it good? A bargain? Stay away from it? Thanks.
  11. S

Grado FC+ replacement.

I recently bought the tt in the signature. It came with the Grado FC+ cart. It sounds great but being ~40 years old I am thinking of replacing it. At a closer inspection the cart seems to be cracked so I guess replacing only the stylus is not an option What should I replace it with? Stick with...
  12. S

Funny stories about you and your gear.

Let us share stories about us and our gear, how we messed up, blown fuses, made amateurish mistakes. I hope this hasn't been discussed before. I will start. When I was a kid(13-14) I disassembled a cassette player five times. First time it stopped playing, it was working, but not turning...
  13. S

The "audiophile" PCs?

Recently I read on some forums about these. I was shocked. They talked about windows kernels, processes, shutting down any useless process, expensive "audiophile" PSUs , expensive power cords, expensive special computer cases, SSD's, huge quantities of RAM, expensive usb cables, and other...
  14. S

Help me choose a turntable, please

Hello fellow members! I am searching for a (decent) turntable and found these that I can afford: DUAL CS-630Q (78$) SANYO TP-1020 (107$) DUAL CS 607 (78$) So which one do you think would be the best choice? For the past couple of years I kept reading about them, but couldn't really get...
Back
Top Bottom