Search results

1. D

Teens don't care about sound quality no more!

Most teenagers parents have all switched to 7 channel theater crap. When they get a chance to hear a good stereo and they feel the thump in their chest they are hooked instantly. Most will never hear a good two channel system.
  2. D

Have altec VOTT, but girlfriend says no

My first house me and my girlfriend (now my wife) moved into was only 800 square feet. She let me have two sets of Cerwin Vega D-9's. Now they are not as big as those Altec's but she still let me have them. She put doily's on the top with ornaments ect on them. They doily's ect would have to...
  3. D

why do the really high end turntables not have covers?

I have 2 powered subs now and I was getting terrible feed back when I was playing music and the cover was open. I played around with tennis balls under the feet ect and decided to close the cover while playing records. The feed back stopped. Now that I have read this forum I will definitely have...
  4. D

Warm up time...tube vs solid state

I am a true believer that they sound better when warm. I usually power up everything and just play the radio on low volume. Usually let it run 15 min or so.I still feel it truly doesn't warm up until you throw some volume into it. Maybe just powered on quietly doesn't warm it up enough?
  5. D

iPod Classic vs. CDs

Go into your music settings and turn on your eq. I have mine set to "rock". I found it made a big difference. And like 62sunbeam said "make sure volume is on full on the ipod" . I was actually surprised but the sound was pretty good. I make sure that I transfer all music with apple lossless. It...
  6. D

Heard Bose 901 VI speakers and really like them ! Any 901 fans ?

My brother has a set of series v1 with the matching eq. He is powering them with a Denon POA 2200 with matching preamp.He has a 10" paradigm powered sub as well. They sound good on some songs and terrible on others songs. He ended up turning the speakers around backwards and somehow they sound...
  7. D

Paradigm 11se vs 9se

I have four 9 se mk111 for my music room and they sound great .Would recommend them to anyone who is looking at some. I have never heard the 11's.
  8. D

Pre-Amp Output on Vintage Receivers

I use a Denon AVR3300 as my preamp and run two Nikko amps from the Front and rear preouts and the centre speaker from the amp. Works great.
  9. D

what was the first record you ever bought? How old were you? Do you still have it?

I got Kiss Love Gun for my 10th birthday in 1977. Still have the album. It is scratchy but still sounds good. Played it for my 18 year old daughter a few months ago. There is a song called Christine Sixteen.. She asked me if it was legal for adults to lust after 16 year olds back in 1977...
  10. D

Digital / Analog recorded and engineered LP's

I have been listening to my old vinyl for a couple years now. I have some old records that sound great(Tom petty-dam the Torpedoes+Eagles- The long Run) that I still have from the early 80's. They are not in perfect condition as I bought them and played them on crappy tables when I was 14 years...
  11. D

Nikko Owners--Show us your stuff!

Hello all. I am new to this site. I have decided to get back into listening to music again. I added an Alpha 450 and an Alpha 130 and I am using a Denon AVR 3300 as the preamp. I am using Paradigm 9semk3 for the fronts and Paradigm 9semk2 for the rears. The center speaker is a Paradigm CC-370...
Back
Top Bottom