Search results

1. Durski

T+A Criterion TAL140 speakers

Holy crap! What a great deal on quality speakers.
  2. Durski

Signal strength Pioneer SX-650

You guys are excellent. Thank you for the information. I actually used Radio Shack's Control/Contact Cleaner & Lubricant. I believe it too leaves a residue. I will be following your directions.
  3. Durski

Signal strength Pioneer SX-650

Little help. I am at my 90 year old fathers house. He asked me to deoxit the speaker selector switch, the volume and the band selector pots. First I vacuumed all the dust out of the unit. That didn't quite get everything so I lightly blew the dust out with compressed air. Then I sprayed...
  4. Durski

I saw the weirdest thing.

I drained the oil in my riding mower overnight into a pot. Rocky knocked it over at night in my garage and then walked all around. I'm off to buy kitty litter this morning.
  5. Durski

Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow

You tit! I soiled my armor I was so scared!
  6. Durski

Hi from Italy

Hello Bodax. What equipment do you have?
  7. Durski

"You can start any 'Monty Python' routine and people finish it for you. Everyone knows it like shorthand." Robin Williams
  8. Durski

Help. I have to cross a bridge. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? I bumped into this website which made me think to ask the question above. http://style.org/unladenswallow/ Reminder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2R3FvS4xr4
  9. Durski

Greetings from Italy

Thanks for the warning. Enjoy your turntable.
  10. Durski

Hello from Northern California, USA.

Welcome Clinton, I like your idea. Cheers! Durski Forestville, CA
  11. Durski

One centimeter

Got the house to myself for an hour tonight. I warmed up the tubes for an hour, enjoyed a beer and was ready to listen to my two favorite albums, Scheherazade and then Armstrong/Ellington Together for the First Time. Both LP's are 45rpm versions. Turned out the lights, dropped the...
  12. Durski

Vinyl close up!!

I'd be interested in seeing 1000X shots of the stylus in the groove. The contact points is where the action is.
  13. Durski

Carnival in deep South West Germany

Sehr gut. I really enjoyed the video. Wish I was there. The costumes are really excellent.
  14. Durski

Hello from California

Hey Robert, What gear do you have?
  15. Durski

Ortofon Bronze or AT150mlx??

I've used the AT150MLX and Ortofon Blue, one after the other. The AT150 was my favorite so I went to the trouble to remount it.
  16. Durski

Any dups?

That reminds me of all the LP's that have disappeared with housemates back in the seventies.
  17. Durski

Any dups?

I am surprised at the number of duplicate LP's I own. This is a bit backwards since today I left a record in the bin at the store because I was sure I owned it but when I got home could not locate a copy. Any sympathy? Do you guys mess up too?
  18. Durski

Its very wet here

Ahoy! Derek, Please send rain. Durs in California
  19. Durski

Greetings from Finland!

Hei! Where in Finland are you? Could you post a picture of your refinished Yamaha speakers?
  20. Durski

How often do you adjust the volume?

I have one standard setting for listening to CD's and one setting for records. No remote and I like it that way. Kinda loud, when I have visitors I turn it down one click for both.
  21. Durski

"stuck in the 70's" and finally returning to vinyl!

I like your music. Congrats on the turntable.
  22. Durski

Fair market price for Dahlquist DQ-1W Subwoofer?

Get two of the subs. I paid $100 and then $150 for mine.
  23. Durski

Where it all started - Life Magazine 1953

We are all "bugs".
  24. Durski

Linn lp12 whiskey plinth

Real similar to the wine barrels and tank planks I bring home from work. No reason to cost that much.
  25. Durski

Replicating the old college system

Fun project. Brought back memories of stereo wars in the dorms. Lots of good music blasting from the rooms. Where did you go to school?
Back
Top Bottom