Search results

1. drknstrmyknight

Buglegirl is the bomb!

Nice smooth transaction, righteously priced, promptly shipped, significantly better than described. Thanks Buglegirl !
  2. drknstrmyknight

My annual rant: If you don't know, don't post

I beg you forgiveness in advance, but when someone asks a question and there are 50 posts that begin with "I've heard" "word around the campfire is" "I read on another forum" "everybody knows" or "common knowledge", I get edgy. If you have no direct experience with something or at least its...
  3. drknstrmyknight

J.S. Bach*, Yo-Yo Ma ‎– The Six Unaccompanied Cello Suites

CBS Masterworks ‎– D3 37867 Been wanting this pressing for a long time, finally spinning it.
  4. drknstrmyknight

6 months?

https://www.change.org/p/paypal-we-the-undersigned-hereby-petition-paypal-to-exempt-sales-of-vintage-and-antique-goods-from-the-upcoming-november-18-2014-policy-update
  5. drknstrmyknight

Not me, brother

Ever wonder who maintains those broadcast antennas? http://youtu.be/yCYZZPwJr_c
  6. drknstrmyknight

Best weather?

SWMBO and I are trying to determine my exit from the rat race. We're not going to have a lot but we want to establish ourselves in an area that has mild weather and a reasonable amount of culture / activities, etc. Suggestions?
  7. drknstrmyknight

Fisher 100 radio

Who knows something about this radio? 5 presets, appears to be all solid state:
  8. drknstrmyknight

Orbit Plus Measurements

Here is a comparison of my Music Hall MM5, Pioneer 510A (which has been serviced) and my off-the shelf U-Turn Audio Plus: The Orbit runs a little slow, I'll contact them. Comments?
  9. drknstrmyknight

Uturn Audio Plus - first implessions

I gave up my non-USB AT PL-120 to my son-in-law for his first foray into vinyl. He wanted something durable with my grandchildren in the house and this seemed like a good start table. I used this table to preview yard sale vinyl before cleaning and playing 78's in the man cave. An AKer was...
  10. drknstrmyknight

What if it never melts?

Forgive me, this has been all over the web, but I have to post it:
  11. drknstrmyknight

LaScalas

I guess I'm still under the influence of the kool-aid. Let's say we agree the that LF is anemic. It's not that it's not there, but that it rolls off. If one were attenuate the high and mid frequency, would that balance out the LF response? Maybe you'd need another watt or two - but would...
  12. drknstrmyknight

Mx110z

Terry DeKick restored this unit, and it was a completely different animal when I got it back (paired with an MC225). I subbed the mismatched 6GH8 and 6BL8 with a nicely matched pair of 1971 JAN RCA 6U8A. The wife asked "That's nice, what did you do?". 'Nuff said.
  13. drknstrmyknight

A Place For Everything

... and everything in its place! I don't much use the Disc washer these days, having a proper RCM and using a carbon fiber brush for touch-up, but on my Pioneer TT it's nice to have different carts lined up for comparison or different purposes.
  14. drknstrmyknight

Rode hard, Put away wet - MC225

This amp seemed to have had a hard life, numerous small, amateur surgeries, a pair of 1/4" jacks thrown on the front. Seems to have been handled a lot and carlessly... but the iron was good! My good friend Russ (Soundmadness) stepped up to save her for me. After putting the circuitry back...
  15. drknstrmyknight

6bq5p

What is it? I see these sometimes on old tube price lists for more than double what a 6BQ5 went for.
  16. drknstrmyknight

Thanksgiving +1

After our Thanksgiving repast, which went quite well, I have the turkey carcass a and fair amount of turkey meat in the fridge. I've tried to make turkey soup a few times (I'm not a novice at soup making) and never had a tasty broth. The carcass is hitting the trash. After picking the meat off...
  17. drknstrmyknight

WT$? http://wiki.slimdevices.com

Did Logitech, in their in infinite wisdom, kill the slimdevices wiki?
  18. drknstrmyknight

Telephones anyone

Anyone know why a Western Electric 2554 wall phone would have funky audio? It's not the handset, I swapped it out and volume is low, when you speak you can't hear yourself.
  19. drknstrmyknight

Fisher FM-100 tuna - tube sub

I subbed a 6BQ7A for the 6DJ8 in a beater FM-100 I'm trying to resurrect. Is the additional gain possible the reason I'm getting so much background hiss ?
  20. drknstrmyknight

Fisher FM-100 tuna - tube sub

Can I sub a 6BQ7A for the 6DJ8 in the "Golden Cascode" front end?
  21. drknstrmyknight

Eico HFT-92, dates, Conelrad, etc.

What can I gather from the lack of Conelrad marks on the HFT-92's AM dial? If these were required between 1953 and 1963, were the HFT-92's produced after 1963? MPX was settled in '61, so you would think it would have been an inclusion in 63-64, and the manual refers to the AM-FM stereo scheme...
  22. drknstrmyknight

MC225 potentiometers

Anyone know of a source or replacement for MC225 potentiometers?
  23. drknstrmyknight

Need Surrounds

for a pair of 8" Cerwin Vegas. Shout out if you have a suggestion.
  24. drknstrmyknight

Bacon's revenge

http://news.sky.com/story/991994/investigation-after-farmer-eaten-by-his-pigs
  25. drknstrmyknight

Mount Clemens MI to Munroe Falls, OH

Anybody able to take a subwoofer down to Munroe Falls?
Back
Top Bottom