Search results

1. 6l6gmike

Thumbs up for Rs Steve

I bought an eico chassis from him for a reasonable cost and he was quick to get it out of the door. Packaging was also done well Mike
  2. 6l6gmike

Do any shops do FM tuner alignments anymore? Wisconsin Area

I recently did a restoration on a McIntosh MR55 tuner. The 5 film and 12ish electrolytes were replaced with the dial cord. The tuner capacitor bushings and bearings were also cleaned and lubricated(not the plates). I check all the tubes on my tube tester. Next was the dim bulb test, hooked...
  3. 6l6gmike

An Old Heathkit Chassis finds new life.

I purchased this chassis off barter town this past spring, I couldn't say no. It has the 50's mojo that I can't replicate with modern chassis offerings and it had the cage so I had to have it. I have been living in apartments for the past 2 years so a large amount of metal fabricating is out...
  4. 6l6gmike

Conn Organ 6L6G PPP project

Hello I am have a bit of trouble deciding on what do to for my next amplifier project. A few years ago I purchased a pair of these amps with the intent of rebuilding them for a new workshop/garage setup. Now that they are on my work bench I can see how rough the stock components are, cracked...
  5. 6l6gmike

Magnavox 8802 pull finds a new home. Could be a hallmark story.

Greetings, So I ended up with an old 7 tube am/fm Coronado console from a friend for free. Of course it didn't work at the time but after doing a re-cap and alignment I found that one of the FM transformers was open. Bummer, I really liked the 1940's wood console look and it's smaller then the...
  6. 6l6gmike

Bogen Db212 output transformer replacement question

Greetings. I have been working on a new to me Bogen DB 212 the past few nights. I didn't bother trying to turn it on I just went ahead recapping it. Some of the modifications I made were repining out the 7199 to 6GH8a and I had problems with the stereo mono switch so I removed and cleaned up...
  7. 6l6gmike

Output rating on Tube Data Sheets RCA 6L6

Background info: I am refreshing my Garage/Autoshop amp. I have tube amps and preamps everywhere. :) I am running russian spec 6l6g on it and they are driven by a 6N7 long tail that is driven by a single triode voltage stage, the whole thing is similar to a Mullard 5-20. Anyways I want a...
  8. 6l6gmike

DIY Pre amp Hiss

Hello All. I did a little search on this subject but I couldn't find any real helpful advice. Most of the time it was about guitar amps. So I have build another DIY preamp with a new schematic that came with my Dynaco Pas 3 TCLA from http://www.tubenirvana.net/pas3-main.html Preamp has a...
  9. 6l6gmike

6973 EH tubes under high voltages

I am rebuilding a pair of Bogen DB125's and of course they don't have the 6973 tubes in them when I received them. According to the schematic they run high voltages on them, 455 at the plate, 320 on the grid, and -25 as bias. Has anybody used the 6973 EH tubs in a demanding amp? They aren't...
  10. 6l6gmike

Heathkit WA-P2 Clone - simple question

Hello I am looking to build a clone of the Heathkit WA-P2 this winter for in the main system in the house. This one will be a stereo preamp with phono and an on board power supply unlike the factory units. Last winter I built an HF-85 clone but without the phono. I liked how it sounds but...
  11. 6l6gmike

Bogen RP-60 Cathode Current Mismatch

Fellow tube enthusiasts I have an interesting problem. I am repairing a Bogen RP 60 that I have had for 10ish years. The quick story is many years ago bought it off the bay for way too much. It didn’t have the 7355 tubes so I did a full recap, replaced all the selenium rectifiers, and...
  12. 6l6gmike

Bogen STA-1 Stereo adapter for DB125's

Greetings I have a pair of Bogen DB125’s that I am in the middle of recapping and I saw that Bogen used to sell the STA-1 Stereo adapter kit. But is seems like they are kind of a rare bird and there was one for sale on an auction site earlier this month but I missed it. I checked Sams and...
Back
Top Bottom