Search results

1. Mr. Soundman

What TT model is this vintage Pioneer?

Hey Guys, Can any fellow AK'ers tell me what model this is? I know its from the early 60's. It didnt work when I got it but after a restoration and upgrade of a new Grado black, rca's, IEC power plug and custom ground wires for the motor and chasis, it sings wonderfully now! This is my favorite...
  2. Mr. Soundman

Lucked out on a Lance Cochrane signature cake pan tube amp...

Bought this little guy a while back and didnt know it was handcrafted by Lance Cochrane, who I found out lives close to me, until I removed the bottom cover and found his custom note and signature on it. I just got some new old stock tubes to run through it tonight. Im really lucky to have this...
  3. Mr. Soundman

Dyna SCA-35 tube amp

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Picked up this Dyna SCA-35 from the original owner for less than an half the cost of an oil change! He threw in a pair of Acoustic Research AR-4x's for free because he couldn't get the tweeters to work. He also threw in all the service and owners manuals. All in great...
  4. Mr. Soundman

Concept 2.5 clean, adjust, and upgraded

Just got done cleaning, polishing and adjusting my friends Concept 2.5 that he got at a yard sale with some Trans audio speakers for $10. This things sounds amazing thru my Advent A3's!
  5. Mr. Soundman

JBL L19/4301 charged coupled capacitor project.

Hello JBL Fans! I decided to try out the charged coupled capacitor crossover to see if it would improve the sound of my JBL L19's. I already did the 4301b upgrade to the crossover, ( my ears like it very much!), and I thought I would try this charged coupled capacitor crossover that I have heard...
  6. Mr. Soundman

Electrostat voltage hum, need help please.

Hey guys! I've been trying to get my Infinty 2000A electrostats working that I just got a few days ago. The only thing heard thru the electrostats is a voltage hum. I've replaced the 20 and 55 micro farad caps. And I replaced one of the diodes in the group of 3 that is for the electrostats. The...
  7. Mr. Soundman

Infinity 2000A's home at last!

Hello everyone. I just brought home some Infinity 2000A's! My first electrostatic speakers! I need help with the capacitor value for the electrostatic side of the crossover. If. Anyone can tell me what it is I would really appreciate it. I'm going to replace the 20 and 55 micro farad caps. Just...
  8. Mr. Soundman

Resurrected JBL L80T

Hello AK'ers!!! I finally got time to resurrect the L80t's! I picked these up for free of my local CL about 2 years ago. They had been left outside a house in the backyard for quite sometime. :wtf: So here it goes with the details... The walnut veneering was peeling off from water damage and...
  9. Mr. Soundman

Vintage Heart shaped tube amp project

Thought I would show off my latest tube amp project. I pulled this from a working Silvertone console built in '63. I got creative and used what I had laying around the house for the build.
  10. Mr. Soundman

The Newbie here at AK!

Hello AK'ers, I've replied to a few posts since I got started a few days ago, and just figured out how to start a thread. I've been a reading all the posts since 2007, (especially the ones from the late great Zilch) and many many others. This is my favorite site with the most info from...
Back
Top Bottom