Search results

1. joe4fun

Vintage Amplifier quandry

Hi, So, I am looking for an amplifier to replace a Sansui 8080 on my backup stereo. I have a Sansui AU-719 and like that, but originally wanted to go strictly amplifier not integrated on this one. I have not owned a regular amplifier, but I was looking at Phase Linear, Carver, Marantz and...
  2. joe4fun

AKAI GX280D Reel To Reel Stuck buttons

Hi Guys/Gals, I just bought another reel to reel, an AKAI GX280D. I will be reading the User Guide and getting familiar with it, but I already have an issue with it fresh out of the box. The Fast Forward key stuck inwards and will not come back out. I tried using some deoxit to work the...
  3. joe4fun

How good is an AKAI GX-255?

Hi, After getting reel fever, I have been recording like a fiend, and also bitten by the bug of looking for a reel to reel for my backup system. I currently have a Pioneer RT-707, and I like it quite well. Particularly I like the size and the look. It fits in a cabinet with some of my other...
  4. joe4fun

Sticky/Shred Tape syndrome Ampex- Damage to player

Hi All I have recently gotten into reels, and have been having tons of fun recording both records and disks to the Pioneer RT-707 I picked up. Fairly successful, a few bad used tapes here and there. I bought 7 new unopened Ampex R1800 tapes off an ebay sale. I went to use it last night. Huge...
  5. joe4fun

Pioneer SX-850 Snap, Crackle and Pop

Hi Guys. I have a Pioneer SX-850 Receiver that I am rarely using. I went to power it on this weekend, and it played for a minute (FM) and then I started hearing these popping and crackling noises through the speakers. I powered it off, and tried turning the volume all the way down, same...
  6. joe4fun

Bose 201 left speaker distortion

A double whammy. A new member who bought Bose 201s. I recently bought a set of 201s bookshelf speakers on ebay. Of course one of them is bad. The woofer looks fine, and not knowing a lot about speaker design, I would suspect either the tweeter (I dont think I can get at this on a 201) or the...
  7. joe4fun

Sansui 9090 VS. Kenwood KR-9600

I have a Kenwood KR-9600 out in the garage. I like to use it for FM, and have a CD player and small TV hooked up to it. However, I happened into it by chance, and am wondering whether I would be better off with a Sansui 9090. I have a G9000 that is a very nice unit, and owned a 9090 in the past...
  8. joe4fun

New Member, looking for info on Denon AVRs

Hi, Recently aquired 2 Denon Audio Video Receivers. I am aware Denon is supposed to be a good brand, but I am not too familiar with the newer AV Receivers. I picked up a DRA 325A which I have on my main TV, and a DRA 755 which I am testing out in the garage. This is probably a more expensive...
  9. joe4fun

New Member, Sansui Fan

Hi, I am a new member here. I hope to pick up some information regarding Sansui receivers, I had been into audio years ago, but just recently dusted off a Sansui G9000 that I thought was dead. After twisting every knob, switch, and aggressively pushing every button in every combination, and also...
Back
Top Bottom