Search results

1. pbj44

HT Amp for AVR

I would imagine that one method to find out would be to play a test cd (with your speakers disconnected!), at your max listening volume (to measure how much "useful" Voltage output you actually have), and measure the voltage output of your pre-outs with a digital multi-meter. I have a Yammie...
  2. pbj44

newbie 2-channel and surround together

Another thing you can do is just find a good A/B source switch for less than 20 bucks. You can switch back and forth from your vintage unit to your home theater processor to output your signal to your mains.
  3. pbj44

Any suggestions for a center speaker?

Check out the MB QUART QLC304BA center channel. This is a discontinued model going at fire sale prices. It originally had a MSRP of $349.00 and was produced until 2002. MB QUART AMERICA emptied out it's warehouses and liquidated it's old stock through 3rd party re-sellers. You can still get a...
  4. pbj44

Selah Audio

Hey, another audio nut from the Triangle! Yeah, I think doing business with Rick is one of the few sure bets in audio. I am surely impressed with the patience and care he is taking with my goofball project!!:banana: :banana: :banana:
  5. pbj44

Monster Receiver Club

My modded Sony STR-V6 - 150 WPC @ 8 Ohms.:banana: :banana: :banana:
  6. pbj44

Vintage receiver choice

You are on target Sam! The tunas in the Sony STR5-7 series (magnificent beasts!!!) are top notch 5 gang tunas that can swim with the best of them!:thmbsp:
  7. pbj44

Marantz Model 600 speakers ???

As I recall, The Model 600s were part of the last speaker line developed for Marantz Superscope by designer Edmond May (of JBL fame). I heard a pair many years ago and thought they sounded fantastic. As I recall, Ed May had added some interesting touches to them such as smoked glass tops. FWIW...
Back
Top Bottom