Search results

1. M

Paradigm Esprit Monitor series. Worth repair?

tweeters for Paradigm I have the Eclipse Monitors, which I believe has the same tweeters. I have used the D27 textile dome, since as you say the D25AG's are discontinued. ( It is too bad because lots of speakers of that era used them) The Textile dome tweeters are about $40 and they sound...
  2. M

NS-1000M repair

NS -1000 repair- soldering Any tips for soldering. I remember you heat the with the tip and then touch the solder to the wire. The wire never gets hot enough. i bought a new Weller and I still have the same problem.
  3. M

NS-1000M repair

NS-1000 Repair Thanks for the information. I already found a wire that was broken off, didn't fix the problem, but I will keep at it, then I'll have a go at the woofer.
  4. M

NS-1000M repair

I just got a pair of NS-1000M, and each speaker has a problem: One speaker has no sound coming out of the tweeter ( the tweeter itself works), and the other speaker has no sound at all and the woofer is frozen. Any advice on where to start ?
  5. M

Paradigm Esprit Opinions

Paradigm Eclipse/Esprit Monitor I received this from Paradigm: "The Eclipse Monitors were discontinued in 1994. Please see info below. Cheers! Design 3-driver, 2-way bass reflex, Quasi-3rd order resistive port Crossover 3rd order electro/acoustic at 2kHz Driver Complement one...
  6. M

Paradigm Esprit Opinions

Eclipse Monitors Good information. Would you have any info on the Eclipse Monitors ? I just bought a pair, two 8-inch drivers with the metal dome tweeter. According to the Orion Blue Book, Eclipse Monitors went for 1,550 a pair 1991-1994. I also lists: Esprit monitor 1,200 pair. '91-94...
  7. M

What would you do with this...

an e-crossover ? Would this be a good time to try an electronic crossover ? You have the adcoms for the bass and lower mid, and you could match other amps to get the highs you like ! Good luck, it sounds like a fun project. Let us know on how it goes. I wondering what woofer, and the...
  8. M

cleaned polydome

treating polydomes I agree. I would never put anything on the domes, unless it was a desperate attempt on a brittle dome. They change the physical properties and would likely alter the critical midrange. I would be even less likely to use a hair dryer. Adding heat will shorten the lifespan (as...
  9. M

thoughts on crescendo cs3009's

Great score ! How did you come across them ? CL, yard sale ?
  10. M

Reference Studio Monitor + RS6b 'Infinity Stack' ?

Woofer on top , fine ! There is a precedence to having the stacked woofer on top, the famous Double Advents. Here is a picture http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2182/pict0048yx9.jpg
  11. M

XR5 mid

They are working, albeit at a low level. They don't sound distorted. This speaker has never been bright. but it seems to have gotten much duller over the last year or so.
  12. M

XR5 mid

My XR5's sound really dull. There is very little energy from the 036-035 mids but they don't sound distorted. Both speakers sound like this. Any ideas ?
  13. M

RS 6 Kappa Crossovers

Kappa 6 crossover I didn't realize they were that different. The manual says they both crossover to the dome at 800 hz and they use the same domes so I figured they would be similar. I don't know if it means much, but the DC resistance measures 6 ohms on both speakers (new woofers too). Did...
  14. M

Kappa 8 RS Help

4 vs 8 ohms I think another poster mentioned that reducing the control on the back adjusts the resistance. How about simply turning it down with the new domes ? I am interested because I know it will happen to mine someday.
  15. M

RS 6 Kappa Crossovers

Kappa 7 crossover for 6's I got on and it fits well. I expected to be pretty much identical because the crossover points are identical according to the specs, but the unit does appear to be a little different. I can't detect a difference between the speaker using the 7 Kappa crossover vs the 6.
  16. M

6 Kappa Woofer

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=299-106&FTR=299-106 Eminence MAG 120 great replacement, if you can still find them. 8 ohms and a little quieter than the originals, (you can wire them for 4 ohms since they are DVC's but I haven't tried yet) but sound less colored. I...
  17. M

6 Kappa Woofer

Anybody know of a replacement woofer for 6 Kappa ?
  18. M

RS 6 Kappa Crossovers

Does anybody know if the Kappa 7 crossover plate fit the 6 Kappa ?
  19. M

What would you choose for ALL USA made system?

NHT 2.3a speakers, Acurus A250, Shure cartridge, Soundstream T1 tuner, B&K preamp. Any recommendations for an american made cassette deck more recent than the advent ?
  20. M

Death of Analog Tuners & Receivers?

Where do you live, if there are college radio stations nearby, then there is lots of great stuff. Lots of Jazz, old, beebop, modern, 70's & 80's new wave, electronica, reggae, and just a bunch of interesting stuff/
  21. M

XR5's

EQ really needed with the XR5's ? Does this thing just boost the bass or does it have proper coutour to match these speakers exactly? Would turning up the bass up or adding a subwoofer work nearly as well ?
  22. M

Kappa 6 and Kappa 7

Kappa 6 vs Kappa 7 What a choice, you can't go wrong with either ! Same, even the crossover frequency. I would think the 7's might have a harder time and more "beaming" just below the crossover frequency than the 6's. I have the 6's and love them, they go pretty low as they are. The 7's get...
  23. M

Kappa 8

amp for Kappa 8's You were right, any kind of pressing the volume causes the protection circuits to shut it down. I have loved this combination ever since I bought and restored the 8's but I finally had the chance to let it loose. Funny because the amp is rated in the Sansui literature into 2...
  24. M

Kappa 8

thanks for the help. I am more worried about blasting the tweeters.
  25. M

PC speakers

I fully agree. And if it is in a different room than your main stereo, use a cheap classic int amp or receiver and small classics. PSB mites are just great if you have a space issue. Small Yamaha or most anything is better than "computer speakers"
Back
Top Bottom