Search results

1. jonemw

Notice the strange/unusual/modified RS4.5 for sale on the web-thoughts?

no crossover included.....no link offered here to stay within rules
  2. jonemw

Notice the strange/unusual/modified RS4.5 for sale on the web-thoughts?

The emit array is in a separate adjustable and aimable nicely matched fork style cabinet,can be tilted ,floor mount on top of the woof cab. Bi amp of course.Wood is very well done and color matched. Seems like a terrific idea. No crossover included and $$ very high, but still cool. Surfing in...
  3. jonemw

Saddest, Dumbest, most stupid Infinity story of all time

I certainly think they could be salvaged, the wood is not totally gone, and many of the woofers are likely fine. however there are legalities that get in the way. The shop owner needs to wait a specified time period ( unit of measurement is months) after no contact to list them as abandoned or...
  4. jonemw

Saddest, Dumbest, most stupid Infinity story of all time

Walked into a repair shop. Sitting there in the lobby is is a set if Infinity IRS V....Been there a long time. After much discussion with the shop owner, the story pieces together like this: The current IRS V owner either got these free, or picked up at garage sale for nearly nothing. They...
  5. jonemw

Kenwood Kc-6060 Panels

All those units use the same wood side panels. Amps are ka 5002/7002, tuner kt 7000/7001 and denoiser unit kf 8011, besides the scope 6060. I have a set of side panels original that you can have for postage, they are not quite mint bit are pretty good and will clean up ok
  6. jonemw

Modulus subwoofer feet

I recently obtained an original modulus powered sub in mint condition in the original box. Nice and shiny gloss black with no scratches. However,it strangely came without the original woofer feet. Now, I have another of these in neat mint condition(one minor scratch on back side) that has feet...
  7. jonemw

Multiple Infinity owners ?

I have a set of rs2 as my primary. I also had a set of rs3a that I sold and regret doing so. Finally, I have two full and complete modulus setups, two original woofers, two sets of stands, two crossovers,and two pairs of satellites, all in minty condition. I also have an ssw 212 powered sub in...
  8. jonemw

Servo Controlled VS Non-Servo Controlled Infinity Woofers?

The original Modulus sub is a single 12 with accelerometer and external servo control . I believe this is the only single driver servo sub from the Chatsworth boys. I also have an ssw10 and while it is very fine and great in small rooms, it does not have any external control or accelerometer on...
  9. jonemw

How does the Modulus stack up to current speakers

I have been running a complete set for a few years now. The crossover is not too hard to find, I got one on epay a few years ago as a spare. Stands can be hard but you have that covered. The subs are very hard, they are large and rare. Be thorough on the sub, piano finish, original woof with...
  10. jonemw

Braun Output C speaker disassembly

yes, the grills are held in a by a sticky black substance in the corners. Alternatively, they could be held in by friction as the small side grill flanges are bent out slightly, and rub against the sides of the aluminum cabinet.. Outstanding little devices , wish I stil had mine, as I blew out a...
  11. jonemw

calling all RS2 owners- what about the rear foam?

Glad we could all be of service, I think the discussion allowed everybody to learn something at least....
  12. jonemw

^ This was exactly my reason for this thread. I always thought Dipole operation was designed for both Mids and the emit. however, I had seen and knew about the factory foam insert in the back, and was trying to get a handle on Infinity's design intent. The emit on the back clear from the foam as...
  13. jonemw

I just got a very nice set of RS2 2 weeks ago. Listening tests and impressions have been great and fun. I got these because all parts were intact. Front grills with emblems, rear grills and drivers original and in fine shape. Even the rear precision cut foam is there in fine shape. My question...
  14. jonemw

Reference Standard ii

Are your serial number close? I noted the veneer on the center MDF section is very different on each unit. The wings are solid of course, but the center veneer is more grained on one of them
  15. jonemw

Cambridge Audio Azure 640 repair--where???, my usual will not

Ok thanks all,very good info. I actually have a 213c Sony laser on hand.
  16. jonemw

Cambridge Audio Azure 640 repair--where???, my usual will not

I really liked this CDP. However , it needs some attention and I cannot find anyone to fix it. My usual place will not touch it, and I no longer have any laser alignment tools, threw them away many years ago... Been sitting on my unused shelf for a year, would like to get it going. Can anyone...
  17. jonemw

Picked up some ESS nines today

Those nines are pretty good. I am a big fan of the ESS stuff in the pre Heil days. It is indeed a peerless (Denmark) tweeter, one of the best paper tweeters ever. I sold this product line back in the day. I still have a fully functional pair of ESS translinears , they use doubled up Peerless...
  18. jonemw

Quintessence Group Set

I was a dealer for the preamp in the 70's in the Midwest. never knew they made a crossover or power amp. We always had gold faceplate. Sold the pre at the shop because it was good. Should not be hard to restore them, conventional minimalist engineering inside. I recall the pre had the highest...
  19. jonemw

Has music gone back to mono?

It is true that earbuds represent two channel audio. however, I am employed with a school district and every day see 10,000 kids with only one earbud inserted and the other dangling. Presumably so thay can at least look they are listening to the teacher - When I ask them about the second channel...
  20. jonemw

Our Small Space (RV) Setup

We are hoping to do the rv thing for a few years in a few years. I have a complete TiVoli system including the sub in a box waiting. Hope to fit that in. However, I also have some wood cabinet ADS l300 and l400 and the small infinity ssw10 sub that work well together. Have lots of small amps,and...
  21. jonemw

Hearing Aids, general discussion

I posted this in another thread: I have a very similar problem as the op, , maybe a bit worse. Left ear rolls off at 4k, and is quite a few db down by 12k. Tinnitus also in left. However , my right ear is like an 18 yr old. Here is how I went about solving it. Knew I had an issue for a few years...
  22. jonemw

It's not the gear, it's my ear. Hearing Imbalance

I have a very similar problem as the op, , maybe a bit worse. Left ear rolls off at 4k, and is quite a few db down by 12k. Tinnitus also in left. However , my right ear is like an 18 yr old. Here is how I went about solving it. Knew I had an issue for a few years because could not hear women...
  23. jonemw

Meanest Thing You've Ever Done to Audio Gear?

Worked At Akai America in Service /Engineering department in the post Vietnam era. Akai made some combo reel to reel and cassette/ 8 track units. Never sold in USA but droves of them were sold to overseas buyers through Base exchange. We were expected to service them. Hated those things. Gave...
  24. jonemw

opinions on Cambridge Topaz CDP??

I have been happily listening to a Cambridge Azure 640c for a few years until it recently decided to stop reliably reading discs. Until I can look at it or get it fixed, I got hold of a Cambridge Topaz CDP to replace it. The topaz is in fine condition but is a lower end unit in their line...
  25. jonemw

Any modulus system owners want to help me out?

I have a spare crossover that could be used for a test. Question, did you make the cable for connection between the woof and crossover, or did it come with? The cable needs to have the din connectors wired correctly obviously... The settings for the dip switches and the schematic can be found...
Back
Top Bottom