Search results

1. Denten

RIP Christopher Plummer

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/legendary-canadian-actor-christopher-plummer-dies-at-91-1.5297443
  2. Denten

Realistic APM-200 Power Meter LED Upgrade.

I got these 12 volt led's from Amazon yesterday, 120 pre-wired with a resistor for 20 bucks. Using the same location as the original incandescent bulb is impossible because there isn't enough room, even if there was room, a LED won't work there anyway, the supply is AC and the coverage would...
  3. Denten

The acute effects of alcohol on auditory thresholds

Do you think your system sounds better sober or with a couple of drinks? I used to like to have a couple beers when having a listening session but lately I've noticed that my aging ears work better sober. I get the most enjoyable critical listening experience when I leave the beer in the...
  4. Denten

Alps Black Beauty Teardown And Cleaning.

I finally had enough of the noisy Alps pot in my L-530 Once you remove this darn clip the rest is easy. I used a box cutter blade and gently worked my way around the clip, prying gently ( Pry on center hub on the wiper disk only) The problem was the center ring was tarnished really...
  5. Denten

Are There Any Appliance Repair Technicians Here?

I have a 11 year old GE dishwasher that won't fill, I am pretty sure it is the inlet valve, I read that I should be looking for 110 ~ 120 volts ac at the solenoid, I am only getting 100 volts ac at the solenoid/valve (when I start the dishwasher). Is 100 volts enough? I know it's not my meter...
  6. Denten

Marantz 2500 Toroidal Failure Explained

I've been watching this in depth 2500 rebuild video series, if you skip ahead to 37:09 he go's into great detail on explaining what's happening. It looks like I can't link the vid here, the name of the video is "Marantz 2500 receiver-part 2" you will have to watch it on Youtube.
  7. Denten

Les Paul with Carol Kaye

:bowdown: Carol Kaye, awesome, just awesome.
  8. Denten

Are Audiophiles Stoners?

This one made me smile. :)
  9. Denten

Saying goodbye to a family member today.

My English bulldog Daisy has been a loving part of my family for 9 1/2 years, I always knew a Bulldogs life expectancy was only 8 years, so I feel blessed to have had her in my life for this long. Daisy has been struggling with arthritis in her back legs for some time now, her hart is failing...
  10. Denten

Neil Young just launched a high-quality archive of his entire back catalog

Oh man, this looks good, you can stream at 320 kbps or you can flick a switch and stream at "Master quality" Over 4,000 kbps!.......for....free! http://www.neilyoungarchives.com
  11. Denten

Tom Petty in critical condition

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/tom-petty-critical-condition-cardiac-arrest-article-1.3536756
  12. Denten

Curbside Find, Refoam or Scrap?

Man, I think I have the audio bug real bad because when I saw these huge speakers sitting at the side of the road, I hit the brakes so hard the ABS kicked in! My wife look at me and asked what the hell I was doing, I just said "Speakers" then got out and jammed these big boys in the car, I told...
  13. Denten

Mint Realistic Optimus T-100's for $30 thanks to my wife!

My wife was on her Facebook today when she called me over, she said are these speakers any good? Someone local had them on Facebook for $30, So I did a quick search for them here, after reading some conflicting opinions about these speakers I thought, what the hell, they are a 10 min drive from...
  14. Denten

The Distortion of Sound

"The Distortion of Sound is a documentary about the decline of sound quality and how technology has changed the way we listen to music. It will open your ears and inspire you to reach for richer, more soul-stirring musical experiences." I just watched this, thought I'd share.
  15. Denten

Seeing My Dual 505-2 in a Whole New Light

I remember when I bought mine back in the 80s, the salesman told me if I lined the plinth with acoustical putty it would sound as good as decks costing twice as much, and it could play tipped almost on its side! Here is a interesting read I came across and thought I would share. " Building...
  16. Denten

A blind test finds out if 1970s receivers can hold their own against the latest stuff

Yamaha RX-V1800 vs Pioneer SX1980 vs Sony STR-V6 http://www.iavscanada.com/receiver-shoot-out-vintage-vs-high-tech/
  17. Denten

Working On Black Face Plate "skin" Concept For 2385, Looking for Opinions

I have been giving this a lot of thought and I would like to know what you think. I have figured out how to produce a digital image of the black face plate and I found out there are company's that specialize in printing digital pictures on to brushed aluminum. Below I have posted my VERY rough...
  18. Denten

Click Here For 2385/2500/2600 Transformer and Cap Stickers

Print on 4 X 6 glossy photo paper, Don't crop! they will print to scale, then cut them out and glue to Transformer and caps. You can't see the outline of the transformer sticker, so you will have to figure out were to cut. The cap is a scan and the transformer is a picture that I cleaned...
  19. Denten

Congratulations Harmankardon

Congratulations Chris 24,000 posts and counting. :beerchug: :banana:
  20. Denten

An Interesting Read From 1974

"Those Monster Power Amplifiers: Not Louder But Better" By Ivan Berger...
  21. Denten

2600 With Red Pinstripes?

Here is a German video I found on YT, it features a 2600 with red stripes on the face, :wtf:. Was there any 2600's that looked like this? I think it looks not bad, what do you think? Do you think it is wrong to modify the appearance of a vintage receiver? For example, led's change the color and...
  22. Denten

Marantz Model Number Confusion

Hi all, I've been wondering about this for wile now, Did Marantz forget how to add? 2200+185=2385 :yes: 2200+250=2500 :no: should be Model 2450 2200+300=2600 :no: should be Model 2500 Why did it stop making sense after the 2385? Am I missing something? Please educate me.
  23. Denten

AK Slow Today?

Is it just me, or is AK slow for everyone Today? I am experiencing real slow load times on AudioKarma only :sigh:
  24. Denten

2600 sold for $6,900 vs SX1980

As some of you are aware, a less than mint 2600 with missing and incorrect parts just sold for a all time high price of $6,900. I thought it would be interesting to see what this minty SX1980 brings in comparison...
Back
Top Bottom