Search results

1. V

Another Marantz in my future?

I need to go live I a place where people are parting with working marantz 2230s for $75..... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. V

Soldering Iron Frustration

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did dig up a very old soldering iron from when I used to have hair. The tip is not pencil and all oxidized. Don't recall how much I paid for it but it does get got at 40watts. So I am going to see how that works. Now my better half heard me cursing my excellent...
  3. V

JBL 4800's

It's a 40 mile drive to look see. Maybe I will pass Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. V

Repairing Equalizer

Okay I'm going to do it Once I get those clip wires for multimeter, I'm gonna do this. I'm so looking forward to the gratification of fixing something and it will be good confidence builder for my daunting marantz project waiting in the wings. Thanks much for that additional...
  5. V

Repairing Equalizer

Testing ICs Okay so then only the "hard core" stuff is remaining. I have ordered those "clip" cables for testing ICs with multimeter. When you say measure voltage at pin, I assume you mean positive at pin and negative on the chassis? Will read understand those links and maybe sometime...
  6. V

Soldering Iron Frustration

One stopped getting hot after 30 minutes after use. The other conked out after 2 sessions. I don't want to be cheap, but the prices on irons are anywhere from $6 to $160. Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced soldering iron to buy and from where? Before I start on my Marantz 2230...
  7. V

JBL 4800's

I am seeing on Craigslist for $75. With it? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. V

Repairing Equalizer

Finally made some progress. Replaced all caps in power section. Did circuit tracing using audible sound from multimeter. I need someone to tell me if there is better way. I hear beeps in every path Now there is some improvement. I do get sound from left channel and equalizer shapes the sound...
  9. V

JBL 4800's

So are these any good? So bottom line are the JBL 4800s any good in simple stereo setup?
  10. V

1060 Power Amp Caps

Thank you all. My confidence went up by a lot. Can't wait to get started. Just have to make final attempt at fixing an equalizer I've been workimgon. So much to do,and so little time... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. V

1060 Power Amp Caps

Okay so just so I understand. You do need to take the pcbs out of the unit but it is not a big deal? I am just worried if some wires need to be cut and I will solder them back incorrectly and blow things up including myself Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. V

1060 Power Amp Caps

Someday I Am going to have to work on the 2230 I am saddled with. I understand that's the same as 1060. Can anyone confirm? Second, need to know If one can replace caps whatever by opening the bottom and getting to the PBS or one has to remove the pcbs out of the chassis. I am a little fearful I...
  13. V

What wire to buy

Thank you Many thanks for the link. I'm thinking I'll go for solid core. Cannot think of any reason why go with stranded, which begs me to answer why anyone makes or manufactures?
  14. V

What wire to buy

Sorry, if this has been asked before. Seems such an obvious question, and I did try searching for posts, but honestly, didn't find anything. I'm thinking I should keep a roll of wire that can be used for replacement in electronics equipment as well for making up some test equipment such as...
  15. V

What Capacitance is This Cap?

Yes, sorry I meant milli, and yes what you are saying makes sense. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. V

Maranta sr1000

I wish I had neighbors that came unannounced to my house and gave me vintage equipment. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. V

What Capacitance is This Cap?

Assuming we know the cap is not damaged, will a capacitance meter be reliable? I hope so because I just shelled out for one which is getting shipped to help with my equalizer fixing project. That said it does say MFD so could stand for micro or mini right? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. V

Discharge Caps before working?

Point noted. However we are also having fun. So to ensure I don't regret having fun, if someone can please confirm any of the resistors I linked with crocodile clips will work, I will really appreciate it. I can't get this notion out of my head that current will jump at the clip and resistor...
  19. V

Learning the hard way

Well claim not resolved, but claim closed by eBay with a simple, "sorry it did not work out". I do appreciate everyone's help and I can most certainly do more than point a screwdriver :) Just trying to finish off a mini project on an equalizer then will begin to look at the amp. Sent from...
  20. V

Nice but why $15 if you reliably make your own for $2? :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. V

Hitach HTA-25F

So this unit looks to be in good condition. I have not been Able to find anything wrong with it. All channels work for all inputs. All buttons work. Just one problem. It does not sound too good. So question. Will cap replacement help? Anything else generally wrong with amps I can check/replace...
  22. V

Learning the hard way

Sorry I missed this post. Not sure if I can afford an AKer but good to know I have that option. Will keep it in mind after I have ruled out the obvious to the extent of my abilities. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  23. V

Marantz 2230 Volume control

Well, you are certainly making it sound very simple :) I guess after I do my first time, I will have more confidence. There is no other way to learn other than doing. It will be a few days, weeks before I am ready. I will revisit this thread then. Thank you very much for the information. Sent...
  24. V

Realistic Wide-Range EQ problem?

Zeners near rectifiers I am trying to get some information on the 2 Zeners near the rectifiers in the power supply area for a 31-2009. If you have schematic for 31-2000a, could you possibly check the specks for me? My hope is they are similar.
  25. V

Okay how about something like this with crocodile clips. Maybe insulate the heck out of the area where crocodile clips clamp onto this resistor. 10K and 10W I think should pretty darn well take care of all situations...
Back
Top Bottom