Search results

1. B

Cat guard !

I have klh 3,s on stands. I use P.A. speaker covers bought from Amazon. Covers the whole speaker when not In use with drawstring at bottom. Made from a heavy vinyl/cloth. Works for me
  2. B

Best RCA and Speaker cables for my vintage pioneer blue line rack

SVS cables. I have them and they are excellent.
  3. B

Which cassette deck would you choose from these 2 choices.

I knew someone was going to mention Dragon, it was just a matter of time
  4. B

Appreciate the information but I am in Canada therefore not financially beneficial to shop stateside.
  5. B

So it really seems both are pretty much equal in quality and features. Only difference is that the Akai has the wooden enclosure and wired remote whereas the HK had no remote. I was hoping for black face machine but not worried about it. Just wanted to match the other components. Any other...
  6. B

Both machines fully serviced and look like new and the same price. 1) Akai GX-F66RC 2)Harman Kardon HK400MX. Meant more for playback. Thanks for all comments Dan
  7. B

As confusion sets in… Technics SL-1200GR2 or Denon DP-3000NE

Seems as nobody has answered the question about the new Denon??? Has anyone actually used one or own one?
  8. B

New Denon 3000ne turntable

Since the new Denon has been out for a month or so, has anyone had any experience with it? Dan
  9. B

Music Hall Stealth

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this turntable or what your thoughts are. I kinda like it except no cover and power switch is on the back. Thanks, Dan
  10. B

Ortofon OM10 / Ortofon 2M Red- worth the extra $50?

I have the Fluance wit the Ortofon OM10 and I like it a lot.. Not too bassy and not too forward.. just right for me.
  11. B

Nagaoka MP110 vs Ortofon OM10

Right now, I have a Fluance RT82.. I like it for what it is. I had Thorens TD165 Mk2 with SME3009ii tonearm. Couldn't get past the footfalls. Just pulled a sansui FR3060 out of rotation..Needs a new belt. https://www.fluance.com/rt82w-reference-high-fidelity-vinyl-turntable-natural-walnut.
  12. B

Thanks Multiplex. Right now my system is just entry level but I am interested in an all NAD system with the BEE components. Speakers are currently Fluance floor standers but in my dreams I would like to get the Cornwalls. I like the in your face sound.
  13. B

Hi folks. I;m hoping someone can answer my question. I have both these cartridges and both are brand new. maybe 1 hour each. Can you please tell me what tonal differences I will hear from one to another? Neutrality, brightness, forwardness, mellow? Does 1 favor trebles more than the other? Keep...
  14. B

At what price point does entry level TT ends?

I'm gonna bite my tongue on this one and see where it goes.. I;m gonna duck now..
  15. B

Cartridge for Sansui vintage TT

I have a Sansui FR3060 automatic and installed a Nagaoka MP110 and am very happy with it. It tracks well and has a nice neutral response. It that is the sound you are looking for, I recommend it. Dan
  16. B

Amplification for JBL L100 Century Speakers

250 watts is not crazy. Anybody hear about clean headroom. Remember a 3db increase in volume requires double the power. All depends how much volume you want. Your not going to run 250 watts wide open, but is nice to have a reserve when needed. At least you won't clip your speakers.
  17. B

Anybody have the new Mofi Ultradeck yet

I saw Ian;s review. I watch him often. He nails his reviews and boy the selection Singapore has...
  18. B

Anybody have the new Mofi Ultradeck yet

Just wondering if anybody had bought one. The early reviews seem quite favorable and the matching carts are quite well received. Thanks, Dan
  19. B

What table between 2 and 3K can I get without an arm?

Thanks guys. This heart attack kind of puts things into perspective. BTW, my dad died from his heart attack when he was 64, I'm 55. Off work now for a few weeks, still feel weak. Since many of you are saying Sota, I will have to look at them more. No local stores. I was also looking at Michell...
  20. B

Sorry I didn;t reply sooner. I just came out of the hospital after having a severe heart attack. Still feeling week and obviously taking time off from work. I did see those videos and once feeling better, will start looking again. Thanks, Dan
  21. B

From what I have read, Sota's can be finicky to set up and maintain???
  22. B

Sorry to bother you but I don't keep up with whats new every minute.
  23. B

Like the post says, what tables are available without an arm for 2-3K? If interested, I am looking at the SME M2-9R. Suspended or not I don't care. Not used, must be new. Thanks, Dan
  24. B

need recommendation for preamp

I am also looking at the NAD C165bee. For the features that it offers and the price, I don't think you can go wrong with it. Order from Crutchfield and try it out. If not happy, return it. Based on reviews, it is a good contender that goes up against much higher price pre's. Remember that there...
Back
Top Bottom