Search results

1. 909Hemi

We don't have a "Receiver" Forum anymore??

Thanks; I'm about ready to throw my god-damned Outlaw RR2160 down the driveway... Looking for anything that does'nt look like a Brick...
  2. 909Hemi

We don't have a "Receiver" Forum anymore??

?? Did AK give up on the Receiver idea because everything produced now is an Ugly Black Brick??
  3. 909Hemi

Does Internet Radio just NOT work well?

Thanks for all the answers! I'm considering everything...
  4. 909Hemi

Does Internet Radio just NOT work well?

I mean, beyond the ongoing issues I've had with my Internet Radio Receiver; drop-outs, no sound, a twice-a-week struggle to JUST FREAKIN' PLAY ... is this just how things go when you choose to listen to Internet radio streamed in from your FIOS?
  5. 909Hemi

Any other NEW silver-face receivers...

...besides the Outlaw RR2160?
  6. 909Hemi

McIntosh LB100 Light Box

...and I checked here on AK because I saw this light box (McIntosh announcement) and I thought... "NO" ,,, this HAS to be some kind of freakin' joke. right??
  7. 909Hemi

The never ending speaker recommendations

FWIW, I really love my Wharfedale - Diamond 10.1 Rosewood speakers ($249) for my garage system with my dysfunctional Outlaw receiver> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0079XG4TW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I also have Polk Audio TSi200 Bookshelf Speakers ($200) with the...
  8. 909Hemi

Spotify is having trouble.

Spotify's "shuffle play"... the randomizer, SUCKS. Mostly the same 30-songs from my 1,050-song playlist every damned day :( It's enough to make you never want to hear "Cinnamon Girl" ever again! YES; I've done all the settings, updates, tips-n-tricks to try and fix this. There is an EPIC thread...
  9. 909Hemi

What Audio Brand That You Will Never Buy And Why?

Outlaw Audio,, because their customer service let me down on a new high-end product, and SpeakerCraft because their high-end product DIED just 3 weeks after the warranty period!
  10. 909Hemi

Happy with my new FM antenna!

VERY important to use either a Coax ground block Or in my case I ran a 12ga. ground wire to the ST-2's mounting plate. which is in common to the Coax sheath. Failure to do so can damage your equipment!
  11. 909Hemi

You can; that would be best but I have a concrete tile roof so instead I chose an eave location that faces the direction of all my FM signals.
  12. 909Hemi

Frustrated with my ongoing Internet radio difficulties thru my main Receiver, I bought a Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM antenna! The DiPole T-wire antenna supplied with my Outlaw worked okay, but I'm in an outlying area and there was still static and only sometimes could I get "Stereo". I installed the...
  13. 909Hemi

Pyle it on?

Pyle is crap... but I DO wish other manufacturers would take notice of the fact that Pyle at least gives a crap about how their products look. Effort is put into styling... something that is nearly absent from all other brands. If Pyle can do this with their many sub $200 products, why can't...
  14. 909Hemi

Another dissapointment from another U.S. manufacturer: Schiit

Update: (I'm the OP) No; this was'nt a driver issue, No; this was'nt a PC update issue. The Modi had been in-and-out for 3 months previous to it's total failure. I received the Cambridge DacMagic today, I plugged it in, turned it on, and it worked! My sound is back! :) YES; I certainly...
  15. 909Hemi

The answer is they told me to pay to ship it back, pay to have them fix it, and pay to get it shipped to me.
  16. 909Hemi

99 dollars is not a "bargain" if the thing's gonna die soon and the manufacturer tells you "tough luck". And I will tell you that I loved my Modi 2... while it worked! Unlike the Audioquest Dragonfly USB DAC that I had previously purchased and immediately returned because it made no damned...
  17. 909Hemi

Great suggestion, but these inputs are not available on the 1st-gen modi 2. Yes; I replaced the cable.
  18. 909Hemi

There's failures.. and then there's known manufacturer defects, which with the other reported cases, is what mine is. When a manufacturer says "I'm not going to do anything about this ongoing series of probelms with my product", what they are really saying is: "We are NOT a quality Audio...
  19. 909Hemi

And, in fact Outlaw IS the other USA manufacturer I've had (still having!) a problem with! What is going on with your friend's unit?
  20. 909Hemi

I've done everything, replaced everything... even the PC! There is an extensive thread on my exact problem with the Modi right here, and yes I went thru everything, had everything happen exactly the same way as the OP on that thread>...
  21. 909Hemi

Your PC can't "see" the speakers thru it. The pathway is broken.
  22. 909Hemi

I'm 0-for-2 with my USA-made stuff lately; this time it's Schiit Audio. April 2015 I bought a new Modi 2 DAC. It took a shit, it's no longer usable, and Schiit says "tough luck". 2-year warranty and my unit made it 2 years and 10 months. I will never buy another Schiit product! I ordered a...
  23. 909Hemi

Anyone else having problems with their new Outlaw RR2160 Receiver?

True; but I had to weigh that against the fact that everything else "they" say about this receiver IS true: The quality is there, the electronics specs are excellent, and no one else makes a silver-face(ish) receiver anymore. The sound reproduction thru my Wharfdale Diamond speakers and Klipsh...
  24. 909Hemi

Anyone else having problems with their new Outlaw RR2160 Receiver?

Thank you Sanford, as your earlier reply and identical difficulties in navigating Internet radio with the Outlaw were what pushed me back from the knife's edge of sending my unit back. It's not just me; their navigation sucks. The decision then ultimately came down to... am I just willing to...
Back
Top Bottom