Search results

1. 909Hemi

We don't have a "Receiver" Forum anymore??

?? Did AK give up on the Receiver idea because everything produced now is an Ugly Black Brick??
  2. 909Hemi

Does Internet Radio just NOT work well?

I mean, beyond the ongoing issues I've had with my Internet Radio Receiver; drop-outs, no sound, a twice-a-week struggle to JUST FREAKIN' PLAY ... is this just how things go when you choose to listen to Internet radio streamed in from your FIOS?
  3. 909Hemi

Any other NEW silver-face receivers...

...besides the Outlaw RR2160?
  4. 909Hemi

Happy with my new FM antenna!

Frustrated with my ongoing Internet radio difficulties thru my main Receiver, I bought a Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM antenna! The DiPole T-wire antenna supplied with my Outlaw worked okay, but I'm in an outlying area and there was still static and only sometimes could I get "Stereo". I installed the...
  5. 909Hemi

Another dissapointment from another U.S. manufacturer: Schiit

I'm 0-for-2 with my USA-made stuff lately; this time it's Schiit Audio. April 2015 I bought a new Modi 2 DAC. It took a shit, it's no longer usable, and Schiit says "tough luck". 2-year warranty and my unit made it 2 years and 10 months. I will never buy another Schiit product! I ordered a...
  6. 909Hemi

Anyone else having problems with their new Outlaw RR2160 Receiver?

I bought the Outlaw RR2160 for 2 main things: playing Spotify thru Bluetooth (which it does beautifully) and listening to Internet Radio, which has been quite frustrating. Getting it to "see" the Ethernet connection is a crap-shoot. 50% lately, with this morning's workout session being...
  7. 909Hemi

I went with "Hot and New" .. SpeakerCraft and BIC .. and got Doinked :(

Just a small rant; lesson learned I suppose: Stick with the established brands! 3 years ago I bought the "new Hotness" subwoofer, a BIC America Acoustech PL-200. It's dead now, and so is BIC America. Money wasted :( Also dead is my SpeakerCraft CS3 soundbar, also just 3 years old. These 2...
  8. 909Hemi

What a GREAT looking Integrated from Rogers ... 34S-1

ROGERS... Rogers... how can I edit my post title? No; I don't work for them! I just saw this highlight from the CES show and I really like the looks enough to likely pop for this unit when it hits the retailers- the Rogers 34S-1 Integrated Amplifier...
  9. 909Hemi

Enough with the danged "Adele"!

Jesus H Christ! "Best album ever"? NO. Over-blown, over-wrought, over-hyped and over-sold? YES! This is like music for people who've never heard good music before. In the current musical age of uninspired wishy-washy cookie cutter bland music, maybe Adele's work simply stands out as "good"...
  10. 909Hemi

Pioneer no longer honoring warranties.

Hi all; Well, as I posted a couple of weeks ago, the Andrew Jones speakers that I recommended to my 73 year old neighbor took a crap, 1 anyway. In my post I asked what to do, and there were 2 main answers: Return them thru Amazon, or get the problem resolved thru Pioneer as they have a 1 year...
  11. 909Hemi

Problems with Pioneer Andrew Jones speakers??

My non-audiophile neighbor is 73 years old, and after me pestering him for 2+ years to replace those 30-year-old $9.99 Walmart speakers in his den with (my recommendation) Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Andrew Jones speakers, he finally did that 6 months ago. Initially grumbling about the $100 price...
  12. 909Hemi

We are all different... but we are all the same... HERE

I am constantly amazed at how different we all are here, and yet we all find ourselves lumped together on AudioKarma! Take ME for example: I'm 57 and I have always been a Classic Rock guy, plus I happen to like "Big 80's" and lots of "Alt 90's" too. That's it! Okay: Glen's "Wichita Lineman"...
  13. 909Hemi

OK to use "Tape In" input for Smarthone to old receiver?

Well; I finally finally just this week got my 1st-ever smartphone, a Galaxy S6, and I would like to play Spotify Premium from my phone into my SX-780 Receiver. I've got the Spotify App on the phone, and it works. I've got an AudioQuest "Evergreen" 3.5mm-to-Dual-Rca cable on order. The only...
  14. 909Hemi

Check my PC-to-Speakers path please...

Alrighty! Ever looking for the weakest link, I looked at my connectivity today. I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC connected via a single 3.5mm cable to my AudioEngine speakers. No DAC... I sent the DragonFly back after finding it made NO difference at all in sound depth or quality. That...
  15. 909Hemi

Copying Spotify tracks to an Audio Player?

Hi guys; as you will quickly be able to tell, I know NOTHING about any of this! I don't own a smartphone or a tablet at all. I have a PC with Spotify Premium on it, and I just bought a FiiO X1 audio player. Per the Spotify folks, I've "starred" (saved) my spotify music files locally... and...
  16. 909Hemi

Show me your fabulous CD cases display!

I have about 300+ CD jewel cases that I would like to show off... to display face-out. The Discs are in my Sony mega-player, and I enjoy looking at the album art. I've google-searched "CD displays", but all I come up with are store sales racks. Do any of my fellow AK'ers have their jewel cases...
  17. 909Hemi

Show me your fabulous CD cases display!

(post deleted by user) ...
  18. 909Hemi

The WORST piece of Audio you own??

What stinks? What do you hate, every time you even look at it? For me... HANDS DOWN... it's this POS Sony under-cabinet stereo that hangs under my kitchen cabinet. "Mega-Bass" it says. How about NO Bass, NO Mids, and NO Treble?? Not much volume either, and the bonus: it pulls in FM...
  19. 909Hemi

What do you look like?

NOT a trick question, just wondering what Audiophiles look like! Here's me...
  20. 909Hemi

Portable Digital Noob needs answers...

Hi Guys! I've spent a LOT of time trying to even figure out HOW to ask my questions, and finally I came to the conclusion that I just need to tell you WTH I'm trying to do... and let you sort it out :) I'm 57, I don't have a smartphone (and never will!), I DO have Wi-Fi (Verizon Fiios)...
  21. 909Hemi

Your thoughts: Grace Digital and other WiFi Stereos...

I'm looking at getting a WiFi stereo to replace the OTA BoomBox on my porch that I've used for years.The main upsides are digital-quality tunes (No Static At All!) and being able to enjoy the extensive Pandora playlist that I currently enjoy so much thru the AudioEngine speakers next to my...
  22. 909Hemi

Check out this (new!) nice looking Table Radio...

Okay, okay: Not up to our stuffy audiophile standards maybe, but this IS a nice looking unit with a real wood cabinet (!) that would make a great gift for someone in your family, right? :) Not too bad at $169 on Amazon, they have the same model in a lighter wood too...
  23. 909Hemi

Newbie Digital downloader needs advice...

I'm trying to do this right... at least semi-right, right? First of all: I've never downloaded a song in my life, ever! And... I'm 56 :) I have been fiendishly busy adding songs to my Spotify playlist this year, and it's TIME to pop for a premium subscription and hopefully get my playlist...
  24. 909Hemi

I hate the new Spotify!

There! I said it. Not a god-danged thing I like about it... it is 3 steps BACKWARD IMO. :( It's been a while, I gave the new version a real good shot before posting this. What other service would YOU recommend?
  25. 909Hemi

Really liking the idea of a Marshall Bluetooth speaker...

Marshall Bluetooth speaker? I'm digging it...But not I'm not crazy about the freq. response starting at 45Hz... what do YOU think? I've recently been tested and I know I can hear down to 20Hz. I picture myself on the front porch with a Dell Venue 8 and this wireless speaker... Coronas included...
Back
Top Bottom