Search results

1. healyc139

Fisher 400 - No Sound after mishap

Yes, I have experience replacing old components that needed to be replaced, but I've never needed to troubleshoot anything to track down a failing component. I guess I've had decent luck fixing things up. This is a bit more in depth compared to past projects.
  2. healyc139

Nice, I was hoping so. I measure the resistors coming off of the power tube also, numbers are below. I read some of them in MOhm because my multimeter was beeping when I had it in the regular ohm setting.. Not sure if that was a bad thing? V14 Socket 3 - 10.1 MOhm V15 Socket 3 - 10.1 MOhm V15...
  3. healyc139

I read the OT's: V14 - 132.2 ohm V15 - 144 ohm V16 - 133.7 ohm V17 - 145.7 ohm
  4. healyc139

I haven't tested them yet. I see the output tubes should be removed, but should there be any other tubes plugged in to test the output transformers? And I would just put one of the probes on the red wire and the other on pin 9 to read this?
  5. healyc139

Just as a refresher; this is the current state of the receiver. The 1.2k 7w 10% resistor has been replaced with a 10w and the right channel is still not right. It is very weak with almost no output.
  6. healyc139

Same question as before; should the rest of the tubes be unplugged when reading these?
  7. healyc139

Hi Stratman, sorry for the delay in reply.. I had to leave this aside for a bit but I have more time to focus on fixing this now. When I go to read the resistance on the 10ohm resistors; should there be any tube in the unit?
  8. healyc139

They're actually new-old stock, Westinghouse CONN tubes. According to the listing, they tested pretty well. Tested at 68,73,65,68
  9. healyc139

Hey everybody, Thanks for the tip on the 10 ohm cathode resistors; I'll plan on adding that to the list. I got a new quad set of tubes and replaced the resistor that I fried, and the right channel is still not where it needs to be.. Which tells me that there is something else going on...
  10. healyc139

I'm partially following along with what you're suggesting, but is there maybe a photo of a 400 that has this upgrade done that you can post? I just want to make sure I fully understand.. I'm a pretty visual learner when it comes to this stuff.
  11. healyc139

Where would you recommend I look for a replacement set? I've checked ebay but it didn't look very promising
  12. healyc139

Good idea. I've been meaning to get a variac for a while anyway. Maybe I'll just build a DBT and go that route
  13. healyc139

Just one question; the resistor I have is a 10%, and the product 20J1K2E is a 5%. Would that make any sort of difference?
  14. healyc139

Yes, it is a 1.2k 7w 10% resistor. you're right though, most of the 400's I see online have a green one
  15. healyc139

Dude thank you so much for this! Wow that was helpful hah I really appreciate it
  16. healyc139

Please see the attached photos of the underside. There is also a photo of the tube section in 2018 before I swapped out the power tube capacitors. The orange component looks like it's been fried. Yes I plan to do the repairs myself, I am very comfortable with meter reading and soldering. I used...
  17. healyc139

Thanks for the help on that, that sounds like a good place to start. I have a voltage meter, can you tell me what I should be looking for?
  18. healyc139

Weird, it is showing on my end
  19. healyc139

I have not checked the fuse, but the receiver seemed to fully turn on after I found the bent pin.
  20. healyc139

Hey everybody, So I just did some routine cleaning of my Fisher 400, which included pulling each tube one at a time and dusting them off. Upon reinstalling one of the power tubes; one of the pins got bent so it was not inserted.. and I had not noticed, so I hooked the receiver back up and...
  21. healyc139

Which tube amp?

The phono stage is pretty decent. I dig it
  22. healyc139

How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

Got my Quartets powered by a rebuilt Fisher 400 and I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon. I rebuilt the Quartet crossovers and got the Crites titanium tweeters as well. The sound is incredible, so clean and warm. Maybe I'm an easy pleaser but I have to admit it brings tears during some...
  23. healyc139

Which tube amp?

My Fisher 400 has had the updates to bring it back to original specs, and it sounds amazing with my Quartets. It amazes me every single time I turn it on.
  24. healyc139

Fisher 400 running a bit hot

Hey everybody, sorry for the late reply here. Your replies are all greatly appreciated! The 400 has been serviced and has had the normal work done to get it back up and running (not all by me, I only replaced some of the caps going to the output tubes) - Photos are attached to see what was...
  25. healyc139

Buzzing in left channel during Phono - getting worse?

Hi, thanks for the reply! I checked some of the connections, and the buzz is still there in the left channel. It does get worse as I remove the ground wire, and goes back to 'normal' after replacing the ground wire. One thing to note is that I replaced the RCA cables a couple years back, but...
Back
Top Bottom